Author Topic: Issues using US Cities X Las Vagas W/ FSDT KLAS  (Read 13944 times)

bankheadd

Issues using US Cities X Las Vagas W/ FSDT KLAS
« on: November 13, 2011, 06:45:07 pm »
I'm having what looks like, the two sceneries have overlapped on my Terminals, plus my A/C are not lined up properly thur out the airport. I have attached pic showing just KLAS & PIC'S showing KLAS W/US Cities X Las Vagas. See Pic's

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issues using US Cities X Las Vagas W/ FSDT KLAS
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 06:49:41 pm »
You surely have another AFCAD of another scenery which is causing the conflict. First, be sure you have FSDT KLAS on the top layer in the Scenery Library then, be sure you don't have duplicates AFCADs for KLAS.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner to find for AFCAD duplicates.

bankheadd

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 07:13:08 pm »
I have  US Cities X Las Vagas disabled and as far as top layer... do you mean above all the landclass scenery or literly at the top of the scenery library as in the first scenery listed? I have KLAS listed in the order I installed all your FSDT SCENERY above the landclass scenery . And yes I ran that utility last night and I didn't have any dupicates.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 07:24:34 pm by bankheadd »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 07:26:59 pm »
Top, means top of the Scenery Library

bankheadd

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 09:22:02 pm »
Okay  the scenery at the airport seems to be working porperly, A/C are alinged at each gate and the Terminals are good, but I have issues around the city? See pic's

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 09:24:47 pm »
Okay  the scenery at the airport seems to be working porperly, A/C are alinged at each gate and the Terminals are good, but I have issues around the city? See pic's

Our airport doesn't cover anything outside the airport perimeter so, those issues are not caused by the airport.

D_mitris

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 07:13:58 am »
I know this a older topic but a few words of warning for anyone thinking of buying US Cities Las Vegas from Aerosoft.   Save your money!!

The default nightime and daytime scenery is much cleaner and with US Cities it all looks washed out and pixelated even at the recommended settings on a good computer.

KLAS FSDT is an outstanding product and in my opinion I had better scenery around the airport with the default Las Vegas.

For some reason US Cities Las Vegas just is a pixelated mess for those of us who want a little realism.   Once I uninstalled everything was so clear and spectacular at night.   Just set your special effects to medium or higher and you will see a better Las Vegas than the disappointing US Cities Las Vegas. 

iforrage

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 09:02:10 pm »
I know this a older topic but a few words of warning for anyone thinking of buying US Cities Las Vegas from Aerosoft.   Save your money!!

The default nightime and daytime scenery is much cleaner and with US Cities it all looks washed out and pixelated even at the recommended settings on a good computer.

KLAS FSDT is an outstanding product and in my opinion I had better scenery around the airport with the default Las Vegas.

For some reason US Cities Las Vegas just is a pixelated mess for those of us who want a little realism.   Once I uninstalled everything was so clear and spectacular at night.   Just set your special effects to medium or higher and you will see a better Las Vegas than the disappointing US Cities Las Vegas. 

I have no issues with it at all.
-Jesse

D_mitris

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 09:38:44 am »
I have no idea why my default las vegas scenery is better either.  The only thing I can imagine would be textures that are overlapping each other.  I tried with both Las Vegas default on and off in scenery library but still have lackluster results.  Also,  the elevation around the airport is all jacked up.  I had AI planes flying through terrain on approach.

After ditching the scenery I have no issues to report and FSDT KLAS is working great except for those annoying green lights.

B1900Mech

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 11:39:14 pm »
Hi,I am running FSDT KLAS and US Cities LAS,with FSDT on top of scenery list in FSX,as suggested.
Why are my KXTA Groom Lake runway textures blurry?
 Thanks
https://picasaweb.google.com/112642412223343291493/August42012
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:42:07 pm by B1900Mech »
Win 7 Ultimate64 Bit,On 300Gb Raptor.FSX/Deluxe SP-1&2, On 300Gb Raptor,With top of the line scenery and airliners.MOBO: ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme
I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2. Cooler Master V10 CPU Cooler.Memory: 8 GB Corsair Dominator @ 1877.EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Factory Overclock.
24" Samsung LCD On DVI @

pgde

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 06:14:27 am »
Picassa link doesn't work.....
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5.3); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

bradley27

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 02:41:47 pm »
I too have a weird land level error, to be frank, I brought the US Cities X Vegas addon last night, installed no problem, placed it under FSDT KLAS in the FSX library and restarted the sim....loaded up and wasn't massively impressed, the textures are  50% blurred on most buildings on the strip, and up close if your using the chopper or bell you get to see just how bad the overall job is in terms of texture and sharpness. There is also an error with the ground in sections of Vegas being elevated almost like a step....this has still not been addressed by FSDT or Limesim who claim it's something on the FSDT KLAS side. On a relating note has anyone got an up to date Afcad for KLAS FSX with US Airways AWE coded gates??

This is my first purchase of the Limesim series and brought it foremost for its night textures and remote location resulting in fairly good frames...such a shame that it is actually not as sharp looking as the screens suggest even with the system i have which is most than enough to get no less than 30 frames in NYC or London with AI on 90%. some buildings almost look unfinished from the modelling stage.....So yea not that happy with it overall, would love to buy Los Angeles X but again buildings at night are BLACK!!!!!! So im going to try VFR London X...fingers crossed
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:55:20 pm by bradley27 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 02:59:39 pm »
There is also an error with the ground in sections of Vegas being elevated almost like a step....this has still not been addressed by FSDT or Limesim who claim it's something on the FSDT KLAS side.

There's no "error" anywhere, and it's NOT caused by KLAS airport.

The primary issue is that, real world KLAS IS SLOPED, the altitude it's not the same at all runway ends but, since FSX doesn't really support sloped runways without creating large side-effects with AI, ground textures and vehicles, the airport is flattened at the published official altitude.

Now, if you use the default terrain mesh that comes with FSX, this isn't usually a problem, because the default meshes has been pre-processed by Microsoft in order to fix the "plateau" effect that will result when a sloped airport is flattened along all its extension to the published altitude.

But, if you use a 3rd party (usually more detailed) mesh, it might be more accurate but, if it hasn't been pre-processed to smooth out the altitudes towards the airport perimeter under the assumption the airport is all flattened (which is almost always the case), you will see a step effect.

We include a local mesh to fix this problem with 3rd party meshes but, if you don't use them, you can simply remove the mesh_terrain.bgl file in the fsdreamteam\KLAS folder.

This file is only needed to fix the "plateau" effect when using 3rd parth meshes which hasn't been processed to smooth out elevation differences around airports, to compensate the fact that FSX doesn't really support sloped airports.

If you don't use such meshes, you can safely remove that file, because the MS default mesh doesn't have this issue.

There's a new free product from FS Genesis that is supposed to fix this for several popular airports (including KLAS) so, if you use that one, you can also use a detailed 3rd party mesh, and get rid of the mesh_terrain.bgl as well.

bradley27

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 03:54:02 pm »
I personally didn't think it was the KLAS airport,.... it was mentioned on another forum that a fix for this problem could not be addressed by Limesim because it wasn't being caused by them, as I had this installed way before I brought Vegas Citie and there was no issue until now....I'm undecided currently anyway if I'm going to keep the Vegas addon by Limesim installed...

Be good as mentioned if anyone with an updated Afcad for FSX could indeed holla at me
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:55:40 pm by bradley27 »