Author Topic: GSX Airports;  (Read 18091 times)

wingnut

GSX Airports;
« on: November 13, 2011, 03:24:40 pm »
Hello;

I was just wondering which airports GSX will cover.

Thank you;

Mark
Mark W.

Chrjs

Re: GSX Airports;
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 04:20:18 pm »
They already stated that GSX will work on any default + addon airport within fsx. it is a very different concept than e.g. their (inferior and soon outdated) competitor.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 04:21:07 pm »
All FSX airports, including those not yet developed.

We can create a more dedicated customization for specific airports, but it's not required to have all the basic functionality, since GSX is able to figure out everything from the AFCAD included with the airport.

Chrjs

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 06:28:22 pm »
All FSX airports, including those not yet developed.

We can create a more dedicated customization for specific airports, but it's not required to have all the basic functionality, since GSX is able to figure out everything from the AFCAD included with the airport.

Could you promote that a little bit more? I see this question whether only FSD-airports will be supported on many forums and i think it is THE major advantage of your program!

Regards, chris

wingnut

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 06:37:21 pm »
Hello;

Thank you all for your reply's,I was just wanting to see if this would work,and it appears that it will work with all add-on,and Fsx airports.Also,it looks pretty impresive.

Thank you;

Mark
Mark W.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 06:52:26 pm »
Could you promote that a little bit more? I see this question whether only FSD-airports will be supported on many forums and i think it is THE major advantage of your program!

I don't understand why people would believe it works only at our airports, since from the first video we posted in March, it was clearly indicated it would work with all 20000+ default airports AND with 3rd party airports too.

Also, it will work at all our airports for FREE. Purchasing it, will allow to use it on any non-FSDT airport too.

Chrjs

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 07:15:10 pm »

I don't understand why people would believe it works only at our airports, since from the first video we posted in March, it was clearly indicated it would work with all 20000+ default airports AND with 3rd party airports too.

Also, it will work at all our airports for FREE. Purchasing it, will allow to use it on any non-FSDT airport too.

I think the main reason is that most (including me) are used to ASE and spending lots of money to buy credits. so your strategy is "unusual" for them. But i will try to spread the word for sure....  ;)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 09:46:18 pm »
I think the main reason is that most (including me) are used to ASE and spending lots of money to buy credits.

That won't change, you'll still have to buy AES credits for the proper animation of jetways.  GSX won't animate them unless Umberto decides to go the route of charging per airport like Oliver does.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

wingnut

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 09:17:12 am »
Hello;

I've been looking at the video's for this,and I must say,it looks good,as for the gateways,you should be able to manual operate them?

Mark
Mark W.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 09:42:10 am »
I think the main reason is that most (including me) are used to ASE and spending lots of money to buy credits.

That won't change, you'll still have to buy AES credits for the proper animation of jetways.  GSX won't animate them unless Umberto decides to go the route of charging per airport like Oliver does.

Yes, it will start a "cold war" between Oliver and FSDT  :-[
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 10:25:26 am »
I've been looking at the video's for this,and I must say,it looks good,as for the gateways,you should be able to manual operate them?

As was explained right from the start when GSX was first announced, GSX will not handle jetways in any way, since they are already provided by FSX so, any proper FSX scenery should already have them.

Proving moving jetways for the 3rd party airports that don't already have them, requires interacting with all different developers (some of them even openly oppose to this) and it would require doing manual work for each airport, which will result in having to charge separately per airport, and will tie us into supporting every single airport.

We'd rather work on adding new features to GSX that will apply to all airports at once instead.

Andydigital

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 11:04:05 am »
AES adding moving Jetways in FSX where they already exist by default is pretty much redundant and actually always has been, especially now that most developers have figured out how to replace the default Jetways with there own more realistic models and still have them function with the default Shift+J keys. I am so looking forward to the release of GSX.

Cheers,
Andy.

cowings1588

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 05:13:59 am »

Yea come on people. Read through everything before just answering all the time.. Sometimes the very question your asking is stirring you right in the face if you will just read all the fine print.. Like Virtuali said, it says right on the first video 2000 + airports..  Everytime Virtuali has to stop & answer questions thats stirring you in the face, he could be working to get it out too us that much quicker... Plus one more thing while I'm here.. Read your bag tags people.. I am simply amazed how many times people say they can't find there bag & alot of the times, there luggage is on the carasoul the whole time but people for some reason when you all fly, how is it that you forget what your bag looks like anyway ??  You packed it, you should know what your bag looks like.. Read the bag tags if you don't remember what it looks like.. All the bag tags that airlines prints out & puts on your bag, has your name in 2 places.. 1 its usually on the bottom portion of the tag & then up top next to your PNR number.. Thats with most Airline bag tags.
COA
Bill

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 02:25:28 pm »
What does the rant about reading bag tags have to do with flight simulation?   ???
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

mohan

GSX airports
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 06:57:31 pm »
All the airports show up in coutl>gsx>airports but in game it only shows the demo airports