Author Topic: Exclusion Commands  (Read 6745 times)

Twistedfury

Exclusion Commands
« on: November 13, 2011, 12:51:09 am »
I would imagine most Simmers buy airport scenerys with full intentions to modify the Afcad. That said, Why would FSDreamTeam create an Afcad that can't be modified. To buy an airport scenery an not be able to fine tune or customize the Afcad makes the airport useless, and make for a vary unhappy customer.  So i would like FSDreamTeam to make me a happy customer by telling me how to keep the Exclusion Commands after modifying Afcad that comes with your scenery? If FSDreamTeam won't allow simmers to modify Afcad. why should we buy your sceneries?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Exclusion Commands
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 01:34:59 am »
Who told you "the afcad can't be modified" ?

It surely can, but you have to use the right tool, the problem is not our scenery, is the tool you use (the original afcad) that doesn't preserve exclusion zones, if you use ADE, that won't be a problem

Twistedfury

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 02:15:16 am »
i used ADE and it won't compile due to faults like the ILS for runway 26L that ADE thinks is wrong location. but charts say in right location. so it can't be fixed to compile. also the water runways are Orphan Links... 
Im really wondering why I have to use ADE and its issues when i bought LAX and Reagan National from Cloud 9, was able to modify Afcad for both with lee swordy Afcad..No compile..No Exclusion issues..just good time with Scenery.
Now I buy your scenery an get waisted time and irritation. I just want to be able to modify my airport like I have been doing for many years now. What makes LAX and Reagan Nationals Exclusion commands any differant then the Honolulu? The stock airport won't invade those two sceneries or even the many freeware sceneries I have if I modify their BGL. so why is your BGL when modified showing the stock airport. If it worked for them why won't it work for yours?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 04:40:19 pm »
i used ADE and it won't compile due to faults like the ILS for runway 26L that ADE thinks is wrong location. but charts say in right location. so it can't be fixed to compile. also the water runways are Orphan Links... 

No. ADE will compile a scenery anyway, even if it finds faults, they are only suggestions.

Im really wondering why I have to use ADE and its issues when i bought LAX and Reagan National from Cloud 9, was able to modify Afcad for both with lee swordy Afcad..No compile..No Exclusion issues..just good time with Scenery.
Now I buy your scenery an get waisted time and irritation.

You are wrong, I suggest reading more about scenery design and learn to use ADE, which is a good and free program, and supports more features that the old AFCAD doesn't support, our AFCAD is correct, your mistake is that you are insting using an outdated program that doesn't allow everything the official .BGL format allows.

You could go to fsdeveloper.com, there's a forum you can discuss with ADE authors if you have any questions. AFCAD was a very good tool in its days, but it's outdated for current sceneries.

Twistedfury

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 07:37:23 am »
I am willing to work with new better program, I did read through the lengthy manual. I attempted to compile your scenery and load from ADE an got same results as i did when using Afcad2, So yes a bit frusterating for me.

I will Do as you suggest and spend more time learning ADE.

I have one request for you..Would you please take me step by step..Open ADE..I open your Scenery BGL...What next?  Cuz when i complied it before ,ADE delivered a non BGL file. So I renamed as BGL and still didnt work..what is up with that?

It will only take you a minute to walk me through compileing your scenery BGL on ADE so that I get my changes but NOT the stock airport. And again i will read and learn more about ADE on my own when have time to spend. But your step by step help Now, Will get my Honolulu up and running. Ps. I have to learn ADE..O'Hare is my next project...LOL   Thanks!!