Author Topic: COUATL/ VIPRE question  (Read 4358 times)

Jet13

COUATL/ VIPRE question
« on: November 08, 2011, 07:04:01 pm »
Hi All,
Sorry if this isnt the right place for technical( i know this specific form is for anything) I have VIPRE antivirus, by sunbelt software. it detects COUATL as a virus. I did see this link. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2146.15;wap2

I'm a little stuck on that.  Can anyone tell me how i can get around that? I heard theres a way to let the scan/detections skip a certain folder, I'd want the sim folder to be excluded.

Clear? Let me know

Thanks for the help,
Nick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: COUATL/ VIPRE question
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 08:22:48 pm »
That's surely an error of your antivirus. To fix false positives like this, you need to:

- Turn the antivirus OFF during DOWNLOAD and INSTALLATION

- Before turning it back on, configure it to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

Then you can turn it back on and launch FSX normally.

The actual process of how to exclude files from scanning depends on your antivirus so, refer to its documentation how to do it.

Jet13

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:22:21 pm »
It's working fine now. thanks.

ONLY one error. after trying to open a hanger.

I did add those paths to the exceptions list and such and the keymapping.ini as well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 10:46:21 am »
This problem doesn't have anything to do with the antivirus. Have you running the current version of the Addon Manager ? Try to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX.

airforce806

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 05:13:31 pm »
I am having the exact same error with the the standalone manager installed...Any solution to this one??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 05:17:19 pm »
I am having the exact same error with the the standalone manager installed...Any solution to this one

The errors indicates you don't have the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

flyinghorse

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 11:01:49 am »
That's surely an error of your antivirus. To fix false positives like this, you need to:

- Before turning it back on, configure it to exclude the following files from scanning:

The actual process of how to exclude files from scanning depends on your antivirus so, refer to its documentation how to do it.

Hallo,

I have followed the advices above, but I have no Buildings on FSDT-Airports and no "coutal" in AddOn-Menue. What can I also do?

Greetings

Helmut

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 11:43:28 am »
I have followed the advices above, but I have no Buildings on FSDT-Airports and no "coutal" in AddOn-Menue. What can I also do?

I'm sorry, but if you don't have just the Couatl menu, it's still being blocked by the antivirus. Download the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and follow this, exactly: