Author Topic: PHLI ATC Runway Assignment  (Read 4016 times)

dmbusmc

PHLI ATC Runway Assignment
« on: December 03, 2011, 07:55:56 pm »
Hey, one thing I've noticed is that I am always assigned a departure from either 21 or 35 with FSX "Real-World Weather", the winds are always from 030-070. So, getting assigned 21 I'm taking off with a tailwind. Doesn't work out well on a 6,000 ft runway will a heftily loaded 757 bound state-side. The same occurs on approach, being given 21 with a tailwind.

I will admit I am a complete noob when it comes to airport configuration files, so I have no idea where to even look if I wanted to change anything, let alone change it once I've found it. I've tried searching through this forum and the "General Discussions" forum, and haven't found any similar posts.

I'm curious as to if there is a way to enable departures from 03 as well as 35 when those conditions exist. As for arrival, 03 would be an unnecessary tight squeeze in anything larger than a King Air, so I wonder how to have ATC use 35/17 when the winds cause a tailwind for 21.

Any ideas or input would be great, thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHLI ATC Runway Assignment
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 10:21:29 pm »
There's not much you can do, in order to change the runway assignment. RWY 3 at PHLI is already the first runway and listead as primary so, in order to get it, there must be enough tailwind to make 21 not feasible.

However, if enough is too high, because of your plane specs (fully loaded on a 600 ft runway), it's not something the FSX ATC really takes into consideration.

You might try closing the 21 runway for takeoff but, it's not a absolute closing, it's just one of the many parameters of a more complex runway selection algorithm.

dmbusmc

Re: PHLI ATC Runway Assignment
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 12:36:46 am »
Ok, no worries, it doesn't REALLY make a difference, because 35 is always an option either way, just wish I could get out on 03 once and a while. Thanks for answering.