Author Topic: Coatl Script Crashing  (Read 16164 times)

TRauppius

Coatl Script Crashing
« on: November 02, 2011, 02:13:18 pm »
The Coatl scripting is crashing when using the CTRL-SHIFT-P combo follwed by either mouse or keyboard selection of the gate number.

I get a message: "The addon <unknown> has caused Coatl Scripting Engine to crash...", followed by pointer to dump file and forum support.

I am attaching said files. Please advise, thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coatl Script Crashing
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 02:20:22 pm »
Whenever you have such errors, the first thing to try is to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX.

TRauppius

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 04:39:27 pm »
Thanks, installing the stand-alone manager did the trick. Everything is fine now.

ianj844

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 04:14:07 pm »
Hi i have the same problem. But with the jfk scenery i have installed the stand alone manager and i have reinstalled the scenery and the stand alone manager but nothing is fixing it.

TRauppius

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 05:32:08 pm »
Make sure the standalone manager (the latest version from FSD WEBSITE) is installed last so as to overload the older version that is installed with each scenery. I have had go repeatedly install the standalone acerbity recent scenery additions (e.g. JFK, LAS, ORD, DFW, and LSZH.

This should do it. Also, JFK does not park me at all gates.

ianj844

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 10:55:59 pm »
I installed the scenery then installed the stand alone manager today did't fix it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 11:18:11 pm »
It's possible your antivirus has blocked the current version, be sure to download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the antivirus turned OFF, and BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

Also, be sure you install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as the last thing you do. If you reinstall a scenery using an older installer, you have to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager again.

ianj844

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 11:20:19 pm »
If apears as if sometimes the coatl application is not even runing like right now in fsx under addons there is no coatl anything and i am at the jfk airport

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 11:32:11 pm »
Well, it's not running, it surely can't crash...:)

Jokes apart, sometimes you might just need to start FSX again, or reboot Windows, after the first install.

ianj844

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 11:38:34 pm »
First install of stand alone or scenery

ianj844

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 11:42:44 pm »
Should i uninstall then re install the restart stand alone or scenery

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 11:47:42 pm »
Won't make any difference, just be sure the Addon Manager is the last one.

ianj844

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 04:31:45 am »
I just did that and it did't do anything i still do not see the coatl or addon manager in my add-ons menu in fsx i do not have any antivirus software so i dont know what to do. Please help

ianj844

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 05:18:30 am »
Ok now i see the addon manager in the add-ons menu but not the coatl menu and no a380 jetway

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 03:43:48 pm »
Ok now i see the addon manager in the add-ons menu but not the coatl menu and no a380 jetway

If you see only the Addon Manager menu, it means the antivirus is still blocking Couatl, be sure to download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the antivirus turned OFF, and BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

Also, be sure you install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as the last thing you do. If you reinstall a scenery using an older installer, you have to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager again.