Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814507 times)

PhantomTweak

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #1335 on: August 13, 2015, 01:47:08 am »
Not to date, although I'm not going to Win10 for a year or two. It usually takes Microsoft that long to get the worst bugs Ironed out...You know, take a 12 or 14" cast iron frying pan and nail them suckers!  ;D ;D ;D
Pat☺

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #1336 on: August 13, 2015, 03:48:14 am »
A FREE upgrade [via download] to Win 10 for Win 7 & 8 users is available for LESS THAN ONE YEAR now (almost one year minus two weeks). So you have to be in it to win it. I have not upgraded from Win8.1 yet...
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1337 on: August 14, 2015, 09:02:22 pm »
Oh well. I have Vista... ::)
Pat☺

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #1338 on: August 14, 2015, 10:36:45 pm »
Not going to upgrade my Win7 systems to Win10 either, and currently I would not recommend touching it with a ten-foot pole, unless they change some things fundamentally, which I do not think they will. Got it installed and have it currently running in a virtual machine. From what I could see at my firewall and security logs it is basically a privacy nightmare, even if you disable everything from within the menus it is still transmitting back and forth. Software showing similar behaviour is usually marked as open candy/adware, guess that is the reason why they give it away for free. I do not even consider it to be an OS anymore, it just wants to be a cloud frontend for the future, running everything as a service. That you can still install programs/games, is just for backward compatibility in my opinion.
In case you are interested in some details, have a look at this: https://i.imgur.com/iHge6RJ.jpg
Could not believe it when I first read it, but after a week of doing some tests and running my nose through the logs I can confirm most of it.

Please, excuse me for posting my opinion since this is defintively off topic, but I have a strong opinion about privacy and software security, and people should at least know what to expect when they upgrade. And no, this will not be the last OS MS is going to release - just a day before you could download the upgrade they released the support dates. Extended support will end in 2025. Btw. extended support for Win7 is supposed to end in 2020, which I hardly doubt due to its large popularity - most companies just finished upgrading their systems to Win7 and to the x64 architecture.

Best regards, Peter
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 10:41:49 pm by hd764jvgd843 »

GOONIE

« Reply #1339 on: September 02, 2015, 08:07:45 pm »
Interesting development going on in DCS for vLSO and the F/A-18.

Paddles are you working with these guys on the vLSO?

"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #1340 on: September 02, 2015, 10:31:24 pm »
Nice video explanation of their 'PLAT' view.

'hd764jvgd843' Not sure about your concerns about privacy in the age of the internet but anyway some of the talkback is likely due to 'auto updating' which now can be switched off: (Windows Defender is going to be 'talking back' whilst some of those settings can be changed also - along with others - however I have not updated yet to find out, the internet advice will have more such as....)

Windows 10 Home patch lets you turn off automatic app updates Aug 29, 2015
"As originally released, the option to disable automatic app updates in Windows 10 Home was, for whatever reason, grayed out. But as of the newly released Windows 10 Cumulative Update 5, WInSuperSite notes, you can now toggle this setting and install updates manually. Cumulative Update 5 (KB3081448) is one of three updates Microsoft released on Thursday...."

...WinSuperSite's Richard Hay speculates that the grayed-out option to disable automatic app updates was the result of a bug as opposed to an intentional limitation on Microsoft's part. But Hay also suggests that if the grayed-out toggle was intentional, Microsoft's reversal is a good sign. "If this change was made due to the feedback Microsoft received about it," Hay writes, "then that is encouraging and hopefully spills over into some other areas like detailed cumulative updates."..."
http://www.itnews.com/windows/95924/windows-10-home-patch-lets-you-turn-automatic-app-updates
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1341 on: September 03, 2015, 02:38:19 pm »
Interesting development going on in DCS for vLSO and the F/A-18.

Paddles are you working with these guys on the vLSO?
No, nobody from DCS ever asked me about vLSO  :)

As for the video, I guess it's rather a mockup, or semi-functional implementation of PLAT - no live numbers on the bottom of the screen, the PLAT crosshairs move along with the pitching deck.  :) Besides, as I'm aware of, there's no working IFLOLS on the CVN70, as well as DCS F18's FM and cockpit are borrowed from the F15 (however the external model, taken from AI F18, looks very nice), which makes carrier ops unrealistic. Obviously, in DCS they have certain limitations, just like we have in FSX, or maybe even more...

I wish we could have some sort of working (and adjustable!) IFLOLS and PLAT in FSX Multiplayer... Then someone could man the LSO station to guide and grade other players. But that's just a dream...  :(
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

rsgunner

« Reply #1342 on: October 20, 2015, 01:20:56 am »
Do the FCLP locations work in P3D V3?

I have not had any success.

Russ
Many may fly and some are rewarded
handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
United States Naval Aviator mean more
than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

X_Man

« Reply #1343 on: December 12, 2015, 02:29:46 am »
Help! I have an issue all of a sudden after years of use:

When I start VLSO now, I get "Integer Overflow" error. Any ideas?

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1344 on: December 12, 2015, 09:21:07 am »
X_Man, please send me your logbook file for further investigation.

syn

« Reply #1345 on: December 14, 2015, 02:58:00 am »
I noticed I am getting _LUL_X on some passes with the Goshawk as vLSO interprets the start halfway through my turn. If I turn for a shorter groove or a NESA this doesn't happen.

Also, the WOD is showing negative.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1346 on: December 14, 2015, 12:35:49 pm »
syn,
I appreciate your input. Naturally, the program has its flaws, some obvious, some hidden. And the users' feedback helps me to fix errors and make the program better.
This particular glitch is a flaw in the program logic. This one, as some others, hopefully will be fixed in the new version.

As for the negative WOD - this means you've set rather a tailwind... Please check your wind settings again to make sure the wind blows in the right direction.

syn

« Reply #1347 on: December 14, 2015, 02:26:29 pm »
Thanks Paddles! Hope to see that fixed in the future!

About the wind, I'm using TP carrier at 28kt speed with calm wind and, yeah, the carrier is moving forward  ;)

It is weird as I have some other passes with default 30kt speed that show positive WOD in vLSO. I'll try some more combinations today or tomorrow and let you know if I find how to exactly reproduce it.

X_Man

« Reply #1348 on: December 15, 2015, 12:54:41 am »
X_Man, please send me your logbook file for further investigation.

Hi Paddles - it seems to have corrected itself. Thanks!

X_Man

« Reply #1349 on: December 16, 2015, 01:22:02 am »
Hi Paddles - it started again. Nothing is writing to the log file.