Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 820575 times)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #1020 on: September 01, 2014, 06:02:18 pm »
Holy cow...What in the exe.xml caused the bug?
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

rsgunner

« Reply #1021 on: September 01, 2014, 06:24:22 pm »
I had a 3wirex entry that I had disabled.

I had not used that program in awhile so I just backed up the old EXE.XML and made the simplified one and it just worked.

Russ
Many may fly and some are rewarded
handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
United States Naval Aviator mean more
than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1022 on: September 01, 2014, 06:54:45 pm »
Ok, now I see. That is a program developed (and abandoned?) back in 2007, no wonder there are certain inconsistencies with FSX Acceleration. Yet another item worth to mention in the manual.

Thanks, Russ!

Wingmate

« Reply #1023 on: September 11, 2014, 02:08:04 am »
I'm not sure what has happened but whenever I start up vLSO I get an "Access Violation at address 004C375" that keeps opening. The address the error is at sometimes changes but it is overlapped by another error message too quickly to read what it is. I get this error on all the latest versions of vLSO. I previously had vLSO 8.10 working but the problem started with the that version a few weeks ago so I tried upgrading and that did not solve the problem.

Any ideas on what this could be and how to fix it?

Thanks
-Wingmate

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1024 on: September 11, 2014, 04:13:50 am »
Is this the case even with the 0.8.1.2 beta?
Please describe in more details situations when this error occurs (when starting on the deck or on runway, when approaching the boat, etc).
Another question. If 0.8.1.0 initially worked ok for you but then started producing errors, perhaps something has changed in your system at that time (new addon for example)?

Thanks

Wingmate

« Reply #1025 on: September 12, 2014, 02:32:05 am »
The error shows up even with the 0.8.1.2 beta, and occurs on the program launch when starting up flight sim or whenever I start it manually. The only thing that I can remember changing in between now and then was a microsoft update, I think it was for .net framework.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1026 on: September 12, 2014, 04:02:47 am »
Ok, one more suggestion - rename your current logbook.ldf file and start the program.

Wingmate

« Reply #1027 on: September 12, 2014, 07:05:08 am »
I just tried that with no success.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1028 on: September 12, 2014, 09:21:34 am »

As a last resort, do a fresh install (i.e. re-download the program's pack, unzip it to a new empty folder and remove the vLSO.ini file) and run the program again. If the error persists, then the problem is most likely in the system...

Johan

« Reply #1029 on: September 12, 2014, 01:44:09 pm »
If there are any Microsoft Windows Update pending on your computer, do those updates, restart the computer and try again vSLO.

Johan

Wingmate

« Reply #1030 on: September 13, 2014, 10:41:36 pm »
Just loaded up flightsim for a flight and vLSO loaded up correctly, no idea why I hadn't changed anything yet but now it is working.

Thanks for all the help

Edit:
It is not quite entirely fixed, it still throws the odd error occasionally and will some times revert to throwing them non stop on start up, but it is working to the point that I can use it now.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:04:55 am by Wingmate »

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
« Reply #1031 on: September 14, 2014, 04:55:02 pm »
Sir,
Thanks very much for 0.8.1.2 Beta.  It significantly enhances our enjoyment of the simulation.

The only "anomalies" I have noticed relate to the "Marshal" calls (those prefixed with the 99 identifier), and the "Taxi Lights On" and "Lights on Deck" advisories.

For some reason, the "99" calls don't go to the selected COM1 or COM2 frequency. They route appropriately to the vLSO Audio Device specified in the settings, but don't "track" to a discrete COM channel.

I have also noted that the Taxi Lights on & Lights on Deck seem to persist for a rather long time after corrective action has been applied by the pilot. How long should these message persist and, what criteria are you looking for to trigger/reset the "Lights on Deck" advisory? I fly the VRS Superbug with TacPack, and we have the ability to control exterior lights individual, as well as by the "External Lights Master" switch, per NATOPS for the airframe.

Again, thanks very much for a wonderful product. It completes the environment for carrier operations quite well.

regards

Al

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1032 on: September 14, 2014, 06:46:42 pm »
The only "anomalies" I have noticed relate to the "Marshal" calls (those prefixed with the 99 identifier), and the "Taxi Lights On" and "Lights on Deck" advisories.

For some reason, the "99" calls don't go to the selected COM1 or COM2 frequency. They route appropriately to the vLSO Audio Device specified in the settings, but don't "track" to a discrete COM channel.

Currently all Marshal calls go through the selected audiuo device, no matter what COM frequency is selected. Definitely this needs to be fixed.

I have also noted that the Taxi Lights on & Lights on Deck seem to persist for a rather long time after corrective action has been applied by the pilot. How long should these message persist and, what criteria are you looking for to trigger/reset the "Lights on Deck" advisory? I fly the VRS Superbug with TacPack, and we have the ability to control exterior lights individual, as well as by the "External Lights Master" switch, per NATOPS for the airframe.

Once on deck, the program checks the lights state every 10 seconds. If any of the following lights are on, you'll hear 'lights on deck':

Strobe
Nav     
Beacon
Taxi
Logo
Wing
Recognition
Landing

The 'taxi lights on' is triggered just twice - 30 sec and 1.5 min after the minimum visibility (1km) has been detected.

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
« Reply #1033 on: September 15, 2014, 12:18:37 am »
Thanks very much for the prompt reply.

For the Superbug guys, then "External Lights Master" is the way to go.

With the 10-second trigger, T/O procedures need to be modified.

1. Pre-takeoff checks prior to moving into t/o position on the CAT.
2. After "Bar Down" & "JBD UP", then t/o trim reset.
3. Power to T/O thrust.
4. Controls exercised & free.
5. External Lights Master "ON"
6. Launch trigger.

Slightly different from observed videos, which go lights on before Controls exercised & Power to T/O thrust.

Anyway, Thanks again.

Al

GOONIE

« Reply #1034 on: September 15, 2014, 01:46:25 am »
Al,
The lights come on last to signal you are ready for takeoff on the carrier at night, just like the salute during the day, so it is the last thing you do to signal you are ready. Can you share the videos of the lights coming on then the control wipe out?

So the takeoff steps you show look in a good order, and should work with vLSO.

GOONIE
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."