Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814711 times)

Johan

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #960 on: May 13, 2014, 02:38:20 am »
Hi Paddles,

Just installed the new version, great new voices, thank you.
I get a lot of WOP's now, at about .5 miles from the AC...no more "call the ball" which used to happen at about .9 miles.
Is this the way it should be? Or is this just my poor flying tonight...:)
Will work again.

Johan

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #961 on: May 13, 2014, 04:35:34 am »
I get a lot of WOP's now, at about .5 miles from the AC...no more "call the ball" which used to happen at about .9 miles.
Is this the way it should be?
Yes it is. In real life they issue 'call the ball' only during CASE3.
As for WOPs - you're flying with the 'manual ball' on, right? If there's no pilot response upto IM, the program triggers WOP.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Johan

« Reply #962 on: May 13, 2014, 06:03:52 am »
OK it works...I fly in Case III and for some reason I had the manual ball on, which I usually don't use.
Once you land on the carrier, the automatic "lights on deck" sound is new, but maybe keeps repeating too many times. It is probably the case in real life.
Thanks for this new update, the sounds a really great.

Johan

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #963 on: May 13, 2014, 06:19:04 am »
Yes, the program checks the lights every 10 seconds after landing and will keep reminding you until you turn them off ))) That's the way they doing in real life, I guess.
Is it enough in this sim to call 'lights on deck' just once?

Mower

« Reply #964 on: May 14, 2014, 05:25:16 pm »
Yes, the program checks the lights every 10 seconds after landing and will keep reminding you until you turn them off ))) That's the way they doing in real life, I guess.
Is it enough in this sim to call 'lights on deck' just once?

I dont hear this on deck but I hear everything else like marshall...?

JamesChams

« Reply #965 on: May 14, 2014, 11:24:00 pm »
Nice work there, "Paddles" (a.k.a. "NavyChief")!
PS: One quick question; does it work in P3D v2.x as well as FSX?
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #966 on: May 15, 2014, 04:15:28 am »
I dont hear this on deck but I hear everything else like marshall...?

The program checks lights at night time only.

does it work in P3D v2.x as well as FSX?

I don't have P3D so can't say anything. However, people not complaining about it, so my guess is that it does work.

JamesChams

« Reply #967 on: May 16, 2014, 07:01:20 am »
does it work in P3D v2.x as well as FSX?
I don't have P3D so can't say anything. However, people not complaining about it, so my guess is that it does work.
Okie dokie, just checking; I don't have P3D v2.2 installed yet either, but have been researching ... I ask mainly because it has a NEW SimConnect API library and wasn't sure if your app needs updating to work with it or not.  However, if people are already working with it then LM has kept good on their promise of backward compatibility.

Either way, at some point I intend to make the plunge when "everyone is playing on the same sheet of music" and things are being developed that are NATIVE P3D; not just port-overs, and all the little "bug issues" are resolved which I have no worries that LM won't address at some point.

Thank for keeping this updated. ;)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #968 on: May 28, 2014, 11:33:34 am »
Nice to see our esteemed 'Paddles' (fsxnp) and vLSO get a well deserved thumbs up from TAILSPIN:  ;D

http://tailspinstales.blogspot.com.au/2010/09/roger-ball.html
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:09:44 pm by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

fsxking08

• "Keep on Flying!"
« Reply #969 on: June 20, 2014, 08:51:16 am »
How do I get vLSO to connect to FSX if I installed it with a different name than the default? My FSX is located: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games
but vLSO cant find it.

Also I do not have acceleration, just FSX deluxe with SP1 +SP2 and I know its not supported but my friend also has FSX Deluxe with SP1+ SP2 and it worked for him.
My Simconnect is Green but my FSX is Red no matter what I do

I7, 2.93 GHz
ATI Radeon 4600 (1 gig memory)
4 gigs RAM
CS 767-300, 757-200, 757-200F

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #970 on: June 22, 2014, 12:52:43 pm »
How do I get vLSO to connect to FSX if I installed it with a different name than the default? My FSX is located: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games but vLSO cant find it.

The program reliably locates FSX no matter where it is installed.

Also I do not have acceleration, just FSX deluxe with SP1 +SP2 and I know its not supported but my friend also has FSX Deluxe with SP1+ SP2 and it worked for him.
My Simconnect is Green but my FSX is Red no matter what I do
What version of vLSO does your friend use?

JamesChams

« Reply #971 on: June 26, 2014, 07:26:30 am »
Paddles,
Just wanted to bring this to your attention, if it hasn't been mentioned before ...
1. I get these (pictured below for [vLSO v0.8.1]) fairly consistently and I'm really not sure what may be causing them, I just close the app. and reload when they occur.
2. All the Default configs for Aircraft and Tankers were missing from the installer [vLSO v0.8.1]; I had to search online to find them.  Please include them in the next installer or within the manual/documentation.
Otherwise, she works beautifully.
3. Can you make a SHORT-KEY assignment to MANUALLY trigger the CATEGORY message; in the event the Pilot needs a repeat of the info. for Course Hbg., BARO, etc.
4. Can you make this work for other Aircraft Carriers, "user selectable" from the interface and in other languages/accents?  Would like to hear an English/Scottish, French, Spanish, Russian, Indian, or Chinese accents for their respective carriers.

Thanks for all you've done; awesome freeware addon.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:32:10 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #972 on: June 26, 2014, 04:24:00 pm »
......................Just wanted to bring this to your attention, if it hasn't been mentioned before ...
1. I get these (pictured below for [vLSO v0.8.1]) fairly consistently and I'm really not sure what may be causing them, I just close the app. and reload when they occur.........................................

Ha!

:)

Serge, I'm a little relieved that I was not the only one, albeit, I notice that the memory address in my error msg was different to what James is seeing here.
Do you think, these errors are being caused due to same/similar causes???

.............................2. All the Default configs for Aircraft and Tankers were missing from the installer [vLSO v0.8.1]....................................................
ummmm... ditto in my case also. I couldn't see any 'default' values in the "Settings" tab also.
But, unlike James, I didn't add any values here, since I was still getting the Close/Too wide abeam calls as per NATOPS.

.............................I had to search online to find them.  Please include them in the next installer or within the manual/documentation....................................

James, the configuration values are already included in the manual provided along with the package.

.............................3. Can you make a SHORT-KEY assignment to MANUALLY trigger the CATEGORY message; in the event the Pilot needs a repeat of the info. for Course Hbg., BARO, etc...............

Great suggestion. More than once, I have felt a need for such a key.

I fly with real-world weather update enabled, and the TP boat is set to automatically adjust its heading according to the winds. The weather updates every 10 minutes, and every half an hour or so, the boat changes the heading significantly (more than 50 degrees or so). The moment boat begins to change heading, vLSO also begins to announce changes in BRC. These announcements continue for every 2-3 degrees change in heading, and is almost a continuous transmission. In one CV training session of one hour, it's not unusual to encounter such episodes twice.

Do you think, it's possible to increase the 'polling times' for these calls so that, vLSO makes one announcement when the boat begins the heading change, and then makes another announcement about 5 seconds AFTER the boat stabilizes on new heading. Infact, it will be awesome, if, the moment boat starts its turn, the vLSO issues out a "99" call for all airplanes to go to Delta till further advice :)

Cheers!!

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #973 on: June 26, 2014, 08:45:29 pm »
1. I get these (pictured below for [vLSO v0.8.1]) fairly consistently and I'm really not sure what may be causing them, I just close the app. and reload when they occur.
I couldn't reproduce this issue on my computer (FSX, XP 64). What is your setup (OS, TP presence etc.)?

Quote from: JamesChams
3. Can you make a SHORT-KEY assignment to MANUALLY trigger the CATEGORY message; in the event the Pilot needs a repeat of the info. for Course Hbg., BARO, etc.
Fair enough. I'll think about it.

Quote from: JamesChams
4. Can you make this work for other Aircraft Carriers, "user selectable" from the interface and in other languages/accents?  Would like to hear an English/Scottish, French, Spanish, Russian, Indian, or Chinese accents for their respective carriers.
Well... You can replace sound samples (LSO calls) with your own, in any language with any accent. Please read the manual, 'Custom sound smples' chapter.
As for carriers, I tried to include support for all of those with working FSX FLOLS. Are there any such carriers still not supported?

I fly with real-world weather update enabled, and the TP boat is set to automatically adjust its heading according to the winds. The weather updates every 10 minutes, and every half an hour or so, the boat changes the heading significantly (more than 50 degrees or so). The moment boat begins to change heading, vLSO also begins to announce changes in BRC. These announcements continue for every 2-3 degrees change in heading, and is almost a continuous transmission. In one CV training session of one hour, it's not unusual to encounter such episodes twice.

Do you think, it's possible to increase the 'polling times' for these calls so that, vLSO makes one announcement when the boat begins the heading change, and then makes another announcement about 5 seconds AFTER the boat stabilizes on new heading. Infact, it will be awesome, if, the moment boat starts its turn, the vLSO issues out a "99" call for all airplanes to go to Delta till further advice
Honestly, never thought of such huge BRC changes...  ;D That's why the program currently monitors BRC every second and considers its changes of 1.5 and more degrees as ship's turn and makes a call. Will try to increase these values and see what happens.
Yes, it's ok to add another 99 call. What should it be? '99, Delta pattern' or something? What is the further advice when the boat is steady?

And what about the burble?

Still no feedback on this effect. Everybody happy with it?  ;)

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #974 on: June 27, 2014, 06:40:25 pm »
................................... What should it be? '99, Delta pattern' or something? What is the further advice when the boat is steady?....................[/size]

Not certain of it Serge. Folks with real world experience or other 'regulars' on this thread may like to chime in. I'm thinking, "99 Delta" and "99 Clear Delta, Charlie Time NOW" could be two indicative calls to commence and terminate Delta. But, these are purely my imagination and I wouldn't know what real world calls would be. 

................................... ....................

And what about the burble?

Grrrrrrrr.....

That's all I have to say.

Before 8.1, I thought I was able to shoot steady OK 3 approaches. Now, I'm happy if I just get a (OK) anywire.
With real world, Opus injected weather ON at all times, the burble always gurgles the short finals of the approach.

Your manual says, "the burble needs to be compensated by appropriate application of thrust and maneuvering". ;)

I'll be damned if I can train my reflexes fast enough to do that. There's just no time for that at all.

The only good part is, I KNOW it's always going to be there just as I cross the ramp (On my rig, it always happens), so I'm kinda anticipating it, and am ready to counter it with controls.

But despite all my efforts, I'm not able to eliminate the burble caused variation in flight path. I just fly 'through' it :)

The vLSO tolerance close to ramp is so narrow, that on more than a couple of occasions, the burble has also caused the vLSO to give me a waveoff, but despite pushing the throttles to the stop, I still arrest and earn a cut pass.

Just no time to execute a go around at those heights and speeds.

Thank you for this effect Serge. It will take me tons of training to be able to learn how to handle the burble.

Grrrrr again!!!