Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 820103 times)

tgiesige

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #780 on: July 01, 2013, 01:42:15 pm »
I give up!  :(
Clean my registry and move on !

K6952

« Reply #781 on: August 22, 2013, 12:22:36 am »
 I've been playing with 7.01b and have 1 observation and 1 question.

Observation: The default IRIS S-3 tanker called out in the .ini file isn't a tanker. We herp-a-derped over why the drogue wouldn't deploy for an embarrassingly long time before realizing that. I'd recommend changing it to DSB S-3B Viking (VS-24_#1)

Question: I tried to complete the CarQual option from the pulldown menu, but nothing happened once I was done. Is that feature just not supported yet, or am I doing something wrong? Please see attached greenie board. Passes #39 through #50 were completed in a Superbug after clicking this option. No waveoffs, bolters, or exiting the pattern.

Great job!
-Rusty Rabbit
"Flaring to land is like squatting to pee!"

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #782 on: August 22, 2013, 10:28:21 am »
Observation: Right, not all the S-3B versions have the drogue, only those with model=viking in the aircraft.cfg. I'll  specifically mention that in the manual.

Question: Any CQ options found on the vLSO add-on menu are just currently dummies, reserved for future use in upcoming versions.

Thanks!
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

K6952

« Reply #783 on: August 22, 2013, 04:26:56 pm »
Observation: Right, not all the S-3B versions have the drogue, only those with model=viking in the aircraft.cfg. I'll  specifically mention that in the manual.

Question: Any CQ options found on the vLSO add-on menu are just currently dummies, reserved for future use in upcoming versions.

Thanks!

Paddles,
 Thanks for the speedy reply and clarification.
 I didn't explain the tanker situation clearly; the one that is referenced in the .ini file as the default tanker isn't actually a tanker.

If that hasn't been remedied already, you'll probably want to correct it.

Best,
-Rusty Rabbit

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #784 on: December 17, 2013, 02:42:33 pm »

GOONIE

« Reply #785 on: December 17, 2013, 03:09:05 pm »
Great news!!!! Looks like Christmas is coming early this year  ;D

Thanks for the WIP update, all great additions to an already amazing program. I look forward to testing out the next beta when ready.

GOONIE
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #786 on: December 17, 2013, 04:35:15 pm »
Thank you for the update, Paddles.

Keenly look forward to it.

dave76

« Reply #787 on: December 19, 2013, 01:47:56 am »
thanks a lot paddles for the update, you guys really do an amazing job every time with vlso :) :)!!!!! even better

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #788 on: December 24, 2013, 08:01:41 am »
The beta 0.7.1.2 is here
Have fun and merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 08:03:46 am by Paddles »

Johan

« Reply #789 on: December 24, 2013, 07:58:26 pm »
Thanks Paddles, and Happy Holidays to you too. Remaining a big fan of your incredible work.

Johan

SUBS17

« Reply #790 on: December 24, 2013, 09:34:28 pm »
Awesome work Paddles.

GOONIE

« Reply #791 on: December 28, 2013, 09:15:14 pm »
Bravo Zulu Serge!  8)

GOONIE

« Reply #792 on: January 05, 2014, 06:40:30 pm »
Paddles,

Did some night traps last night, a couple questions.

1. Do you plan to add the Clara lineup call, or integrate with the Clara call? I see you have the "on centerline" audio files, but I only get "on glideslope" with the current Clara function. Is that as intended? Would be cool to get both calls, on glideslope, on centerline.

2. For some reason I no longer get the "paddles contact" calls at ~1nm, is that on purpose? Is that reserved for low viz ops? Are you going to add the "99 taxi light on" call too for low viz?

3. I really like the fresh LSO calls after each trap, however, sometimes when I manually call the ball I don't get the roger ball call from the vLSO. The debrief window shows I called the ball, ball balloon shown, and the LSO gives me other calls just not a roger ball. This only happened twice last night after six approaches. Not sure if this is just happening to me.

My buddy is sending me PLAT cam footage and audio from his cruise right now, should be able to add more variety to our growing inventory of LSO calls.

Goonie

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #793 on: January 06, 2014, 01:10:16 pm »
1. Do you plan to add the Clara lineup call, or integrate with the Clara call?
If I have at least one 'Clara lineup' call sample, I'll add it.

I see you have the "on centerline" audio files, but I only get "on glideslope" with the current Clara function. Is that as intended? Would be cool to get both calls, on glideslope, on centerline.
My intention was to have these calls alternating when on glideslope and lined up, but something in the code doesn't want to work as intended  ;D

2. For some reason I no longer get the "paddles contact" calls at ~1nm, is that on purpose? Is that reserved for low viz ops?
Yes, this call is for lo-viz (and 'Clara'), so it is removed from .9 nm.

Are you going to add the "99 taxi light on" call too for low viz?
Yes, it is on my to-do list

3. I really like the fresh LSO calls after each trap, however, sometimes when I manually call the ball I don't get the roger ball call from the vLSO. The debrief window shows I called the ball, ball balloon shown, and the LSO gives me other calls just not a roger ball. This only happened twice last night after six approaches. Not sure if this is just happening to me.
Again, something in my code needs to be checked. I have also noticed this irregular 'Roger ball' absence, but thought this just happened to me  ::)

My buddy is sending me PLAT cam footage and audio from his cruise right now
Are you going to upload it to somewhere? Would be nice to have fresh video and audio...

GOONIE

« Reply #794 on: January 06, 2014, 06:53:27 pm »
1. Do you plan to add the Clara lineup call, or integrate with the Clara call?
If I have at least one 'Clara lineup' call sample, I'll add it.

I'll email you an audio file for "clara lineup", I have one.

I see you have the "on centerline" audio files, but I only get "on glideslope" with the current Clara function. Is that as intended? Would be cool to get both calls, on glideslope, on centerline.
My intention was to have these calls alternating when on glideslope and lined up, but something in the code doesn't want to work as intended  ;D

Great, understand it is a beta, just wanted to let you know. Really like this addition.

2. For some reason I no longer get the "paddles contact" calls at ~1nm, is that on purpose? Is that reserved for low viz ops?  Yes, this call is for lo-viz (and 'Clara'), so it is removed from .9 nm.

Roger that

Are you going to add the "99 taxi light on" call too for low viz?
Yes, it is on my to-do list

Roger

3. I really like the fresh LSO calls after each trap, however, sometimes when I manually call the ball I don't get the roger ball call from the vLSO. The debrief window shows I called the ball, ball balloon shown, and the LSO gives me other calls just not a roger ball. This only happened twice last night after six approaches. Not sure if this is just happening to me
Again, something in my code needs to be checked. I have also noticed this irregular 'Roger ball' absence, but thought this just happened to me  ::) 

Glad to hear I am not the only one, maybe has something to do with the vLSO getting fresh/new calls after each trap.

My buddy is sending me PLAT cam footage and audio from his cruise right now
Are you going to upload it to somewhere? Would be nice to have fresh video and audio...

Will see if I can post to youtube, or I can share the cut up audio files with you directly to distribute with your program 8)

GOONIE