Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814677 times)

tgiesige

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #765 on: June 27, 2013, 02:17:16 pm »
ok, did as you said. removed old vlso. downloaded new one and installed it and now again nothing works. Get green messages bar but no sound or write to logbook.
Also noticing some sort of access violation (Access violation at address 004B27A3 in module 'vLSO.exe'. read of address 052CA24C)
Simconnect,on screen messages and flight sim x are all green on Vlso
Let me know if ya need other screenshots
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:50:36 pm by tgiesige »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #766 on: June 28, 2013, 04:33:26 am »
tgiesige

I don't have a W7 64 + FSX installation in handy to try recreate your problem, and I can only guess what's wrong.
Ok, here's what I know:
  • The program shows green SimConnect and FSX status, that's ok.
  • It reports something via green text messages, that's ok either.
  • You're flying a supported aircraft, otherwise you'd get a wrong aircraft message.

What I still don't know is how do you fly an approach?
You never mentioned your pre-landing procedures and conditions. Are the landing gears extended before you start approaching?  The gears must be extended prior rolling into the groove. If not, vLSO won't monitor your approach, so no voices, no logbook records. Is this your case?

Perhaps, as a last resort, a complete FSX reinstall would help?...

The program designed so that it must work from any place/folder provided there are no OS access control or security issues.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:35:42 am by Paddles »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

tgiesige

« Reply #767 on: June 29, 2013, 01:51:35 am »
carrier approach as per VRS manual
yes my gear is down prior to rolling into groove
No, reinstalling FSX is not an option. It is a fresh install on brand new high end PC.

(The program designed so that it must work from any place/folder provided there are no OS access control or security issues.)

Maybe so, other than win 7. I see over in the VRS forums where many have trouble making vLSO run. Even the Dev "Adiemus" stated he cannot get it to run.
Maybe because I fly the VRS super hornet and tacpack is why vLSO will not work. At any rate, I will not stoop down to the default FA-18 to get vLSO trying to work. That plane has no realism what so ever.
If and when you  ever get a version that is guaranteed to work on newer operating systems, I would be more than happy to pay for a copy of vLSO.
I believe a lot of people would pay to have your product if only it worked all the time on all systems.

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
« Reply #768 on: June 29, 2013, 05:34:02 am »
Surely you jest.

"Work all the time on all systems" is absolutely, patently, and completely absurd on it's face.

Not even "Solitaire" works on all Windows computers, all the time.

As someone who has operated the VRS Superbug since day one of the FSX release, as well as being part of the original CLOSED BETA test group, I can assure you there really is no interface whatsoever between the two products. vLSO could care less what the vendor or aircraft it handles is about.

I have also been running vLSO since November of 2011(vLSO 2 Beta) without problem, and it continues to perform flawlessly to this day (vLSO_07100).

My system is a Windows7 Professional at current maintenance levels, with ATI video, and SoundBlaster audio cards.

If it doesn't it work on your system: "IT's YOUR SYSTEM".

And, paying for it isn't going to fix the problem.

Al Rosenberg
WWW.CVW-2.ORG

mjrhealth

« Reply #769 on: June 29, 2013, 05:50:57 am »
Try removing or deleting the old log book. I had an issue with last release it did all funny things till i deleted teh log book, it created a new one and has being fine ever since.

Herbie

« Reply #770 on: June 29, 2013, 05:54:46 am »
carrier approach as per VRS manual
yes my gear is down prior to rolling into groove
No, reinstalling FSX is not an option. It is a fresh install on brand new high end PC.

(The program designed so that it must work from any place/folder provided there are no OS access control or security issues.)

Maybe so, other than win 7. I see over in the VRS forums where many have trouble making vLSO run. Even the Dev "Adiemus" stated he cannot get it to run.
Maybe because I fly the VRS super hornet and tacpack is why vLSO will not work. At any rate, I will not stoop down to the default FA-18 to get vLSO trying to work. That plane has no realism what so ever.
If and when you  ever get a version that is guaranteed to work on newer operating systems, I would be more than happy to pay for a copy of vLSO.
I believe a lot of people would pay to have your product if only it worked all the time on all systems.

Hello Friend!
You are Not fair with your statements, Carrier approach as per VRS Manual---vSLO was design for our F 18A Microsoft, Sludges, CS and Jimi's F-18's -- About newer Operating Systems: It work in Win7/32/64 also Win8. If you would posted in your first post, that you are flying the VRS super hornet, you would had the right answer right-away. Saving me alot of sreenshots to post. I also see: You did not read the vLSO Manual, It say here at the beginning: Compatibility Compatibility,Compatibility
vLSO requires FSX Acceleration, or FSX Gold installed. vLSO does not support FSX SP2, SP1 or the original FSX!
This program supports an AI carrier bundled with FSX Acceleration, as well as an excellent freeware AI carrier made by Javier Fernandez. More AI Nimitz-class carriers from great Lamont Clark’s AICarriers2 freeware add-on and Gary Taylor’s repaints for TacPack are supported too. Two more carriers, USS Enterprise and HMS Ark Royal, both in versions utilizing FSX FLOLS, are supported as well. Here's a list of all currently supported carriers and Planes-- snipped, the VRS super hornet is Not listed.. Herb
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:01:19 am by Herbie »

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #771 on: June 29, 2013, 06:52:14 am »
..........................Maybe because I fly the VRS super hornet and tacpack is why vLSO will not work. .............

tgiesige,

I have been following your 'issues' on this thread. Like Al said, it's something peculiar to your system (and your friends, who are not able to get it to work).

I have been using Paddles work, since he wasn't even 'Paddles'. And vLSO has always worked as advertised. AND, with VRS SH/TP also. I understand from your posts, that it doesn't work for your other friends in your group also. I fly full time with one VM and part time with a couple others. Don't know of anyone in these groups, for whom this app doesn't work?

..........the VRS super hornet is Not listed..........

Herb, that is not entirely true.

I (and many others, trust me) have been using vLSO with VRS SH/TP. It works perfectly well.

Mickey

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #772 on: June 29, 2013, 08:57:27 am »
tgiesige
I'd suggest you this:
1. Run the program with a 'log' option, just the same way as with the 'auto' option described in the manual.
2. Do a couple or more passes around the boat (or field) and quit the program.
3. Locate the 'vLSO_log.txt' file within the vLSO folder and send it to me (or attach to a message here at the forum).
I think this would help me to undestand what's wrong with your copy of vLSO.
Thanks

tgiesige

« Reply #773 on: June 29, 2013, 10:17:15 am »
My version of FSX Is FSX Gold edition. Herb
and also pasted right from vlso manual compatible:
Following carrier-capable aircraft are supported by default:
F/A-18A Hornet Acceleration, the Sludge and the FSXBA mods
F/A-18E Super Hornet VRS
T-45C Goshawk Dino Cattaneo
F-14D Tomcat (version 2) Dino Cattaneo
F-35C Lightning II Dino Cattaneo
A-4K Skyhawk KAHU
You can extend this list by adding other carrier-capable aircraft (see the Settings window chapter).

VRS manual is same as natops manual for carrier based landings as far as pattern and approach.

Run program with Log options ? a little vague. not sure what you want.
I have never seen a log.txt file ever in vLSO 's folder.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #774 on: June 29, 2013, 10:26:04 am »
...................Run program with Log options ? a little vague. not sure what you want.
I have never seen a log.txt file ever in vLSO 's folder.

..............1. Run the program with a 'log' option, just the same way as with the 'auto' option described in the manual...............

He  couldn't be more clear, than this.

..............2. Do a couple or more passes around the boat (or field) and quit the program.............

This will ensure that the log file is written with necessary debug data.

..........................3. Locate the 'vLSO_log.txt' file within the vLSO folder and send it to me (or attach to a message here at the forum)................

Log file is NOT there by default. It will be "generated" IF you follow what is stated above.

tgiesige

« Reply #775 on: June 29, 2013, 11:50:59 am »
ok, hope this helps. by adding the log options in the xml for some reason has made the sounds to work.
still not getting the "call the Ball" sound, but I am sure parameters must need adjusted for the VRS Hornet or maybe I am too high or low at 3/4 mile, but was able to generate a Log.txt I flew a straight out approach from 20 mile airport to carrier just to make sure all call sounds were there as they were, except for "call the ball" and which is like you said why it may not write to logbook for debriefing. So tiring, will play with it some more later. here is that text file.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #776 on: June 29, 2013, 08:04:39 pm »
tgiesige,
Looks like you're too hight at the 3/4. What was your altitude when you got 'paddles contact'?
When flying a correct FSX carrier approach (even with the 4,12 glideslope), your altitude AMSL at the 3/4 should be below 400'. The program reserves additional 100' for your errors, and even if you're flying at high 400's you'll still be able to get a ball call. If any higher, no ball calls, no logbook records. Period.

By the way, you said that VRS manual is same as natops manual for carrier based landings as far as pattern and approach. Believe me or not, but my program is based only on NATOPS specs too.  ;D

tgiesige

« Reply #777 on: June 29, 2013, 11:58:48 pm »
well today we are back to square one ( no sounds) and nothing has changed. I am attaching new log.txt
vLSO is also set to auto run with fsx. Don't understand why sounds work one time and not the next.
Restarted PC and no go either. I still see those access errors now and then too. :-\
where do I go from here?

tgiesige

« Reply #778 on: June 30, 2013, 02:40:31 am »
After a complete reinstall again. Same ole same ole
attaching log.txt

tgiesige

« Reply #779 on: July 01, 2013, 12:36:14 pm »
ok gonna try and install in program files just for &%^$ and giggles and see what happens.