Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 818593 times)

tgiesige

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #750 on: June 23, 2013, 01:59:42 am »
Have tried to get this to run on my win 7 machine and a friends. Not able to hear anything and does not write LSO logbook at all. get a greenbar at top of screen indicating its working, tells me what wire caught and all, but no sound or write to the logbook. Any help much appreciated !

tgiesige

« Reply #751 on: June 23, 2013, 03:36:22 am »
That it does, I can play all the sound files. Just not with vlso and vlso does not write anything viewable in the logbook.

tgiesige

« Reply #752 on: June 24, 2013, 12:53:55 am »
Installed as admin in C:\vLSO  and UAC off, kept vlso folder structure intact, audio set, gave it every permission available.

Put in File 13 with the last 4 or 5 versions. I would rather pay for one that works than deal with that.

Letourn

« Reply #753 on: June 24, 2013, 07:37:01 am »
I been having fun with vLSO and the tankers all evening Thanks again Paddles!!

Using the S-3B and KA-6D i tought that it might be fun to have a more modern tanker then I remembered that the F/A-18F from Team SF KBT had a model tanker for MP. So i finally found it but no luck it does not deploy the hose automatically or have a fix model. I found this it the Readme

-----Inflight refuel tank : (F type only)
Though this is not an animation, we have added a retractable refuel hose.

To use this feature,  at ALT 10,000 - 25,000 press "L" to turn off the lights and then press
the Panel Light inside the VC to activate the refuel hose(other switches can be ON or OFF).-----

Paddles do you think you can do some magic again after doing it with the Iris S-3B :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:45:35 am by Letourn »

SUBS17

« Reply #754 on: June 24, 2013, 11:39:32 pm »
What needs to be done is some sort of agreement between the guys who make these addons and makers of vLSO and Tacpac so that one standard command makes the hose probe extend and retract as an AI in both MP and SP. In that way such mods will work without to many issues for people to install them or mod makers/addon makers can easily allow them to work with their mods. ;)

Orion

« Reply #755 on: June 25, 2013, 12:42:34 am »
The hose/boom/drouge animation is model specific.  FSX doesn't have a single variable dedicated to the state of a refueling hose animation, so aircraft modelers choose their own.

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #756 on: June 25, 2013, 01:23:43 am »
'LeTourn' you have linked to a conventional LSO NATOPS manual PDF. My link was to a V/STOL version of such a manual. I'll look again for V/STOL version.

Here is the entire PDF 148 pages dated 2004 attached.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:27:38 am by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Letourn

« Reply #757 on: June 25, 2013, 01:56:08 am »
Yes Sorry it wa too late last night i guess.

Thanks Spaz but i already have it was just looking to find a public download link for everyone else

Herbie

« Reply #758 on: June 25, 2013, 04:17:22 am »
Installed as admin in C:\vLSO  and UAC off, kept vlso folder structure intact, audio set, gave it every permission available.

Put in File 13 with the last 4 or 5 versions. I would rather pay for one that works than deal with that.
What you mean File 13? From where did you got the installer? Where is your vLSO.exe located? Nobody here had any serious problem. It is your set-up somewhere wrong. Payware got screwed-up too when installed the wrong way. Here is a answer from before, So read it very careful:

Regarding your LSO sound issue, first do you have the on screen messages checked, and do you see the LSO text messages on the top of the screen ? Second, I would move the entire vLSO folder, which contains the vLSO.exe (this is important) and sound folder (as well as other files), from FSX to  your desktop. If you run the vLSO.exe file directly from the main vLSO folder the sounds should work. I moved the vLSO.exe out of the folder at first, and had no sounds until I moved it back to the main folder. The only other thing I can think of, is you might want to check your sound settings in FSX, make sure "voices" volume is set to high.---------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBS17

« Reply #759 on: June 25, 2013, 07:53:37 am »
The hose/boom/drouge animation is model specific.  FSX doesn't have a single variable dedicated to the state of a refueling hose animation, so aircraft modelers choose their own.

It makes sense for them all to use the one then its easier for them to be used by programs like vLSO.

tgiesige

« Reply #760 on: June 26, 2013, 12:42:50 am »

What you mean File 13? From where did you got the installer? Where is your vLSO.exe located? Nobody here had any serious problem. It is your set-up somewhere wrong. Payware got screwed-up too when installed the wrong way. Here is a answer from before, So read it very careful:

Regarding your LSO sound issue, first do you have the on screen messages checked, and do you see the LSO text messages on the top of the screen ? Second, I would move the entire vLSO folder, which contains the vLSO.exe (this is important) and sound folder (as well as other files), from FSX to  your desktop. If you run the vLSO.exe file directly from the main vLSO folder the sounds should work. I moved the vLSO.exe out of the folder at first, and had no sounds until I moved it back to the main folder. The only other thing I can think of, is you might want to check your sound settings in FSX, make sure "voices" volume is set to high.---------------------------------------------------------------------

File 13 = means trashed
As I stated previously ; vlso is installed in root of C: drive in vLSO folder and vlso executable copied to desktop. Per your statement: ( Second, I would move the entire vLSO folder, which contains the vLSO.exe (this is important) and sound folder (as well as other files), from FSX to  your desktop )
vLSO was never installed in FSX !! It is installed just as the PDF instructions apply ! My sound settings for voice is checked and high in FSX.
I get all the on screen messages from vLSO and what wire I trap ! I never hear any vLSO talk ! And it never writes anything to the LSO logbook after successful traps !
It is not my installation. Not one person in our group can get it to work ! I do know this version has no logbook.dat file in it or any text file.
and this version came from : http://vlso.blogspot.com/

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #761 on: June 26, 2013, 07:37:44 am »
Guys,
Another beta is ready to test (read here), as well as NALF Fentress photoreal scenery, compatible with the new vLSO beta (multiple FCLP runways)
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

tgiesige

« Reply #762 on: June 26, 2013, 11:11:37 pm »
Question:Did you installed vLSO beta .v 0.7.0.2.(Full) May 4. 2013? Do you have those files in your installation: See screenshot 03? If not, Your install is wrong, missing files. Herb

vLSO beta .v 0.7.0.2.(Full) May 4. 2013 is what is installed
two files are missing Logbook.dat & vLSO.exeBAK
no matter how many times I download it, they are not included in the zip
the latest beta puts a Logbook.dat file in but still same troubles
So how to correct missing files?

tgiesige

« Reply #763 on: June 27, 2013, 02:51:23 am »
I have done all that several times over! I have been following this on the VRS forums also. well known issue with this program and Win7  64bit
I and many others same issues.

Well now I am getting all the sounds working but still no write to the logbook for debrief
no reason as to why sounds started working, they just did.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:32:27 am by tgiesige »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #764 on: June 27, 2013, 04:01:00 am »
My apologies, I forgot to include sounds to the package. Corrected. Just redownload it.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!