Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814794 times)

Johan

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #720 on: April 24, 2013, 07:01:31 am »
Sorry, that was my fault - some debug code remained in a final version.
Now it's cleaned and the IFLOLS gauge tuned to CVN65 also.

Thank you, Thank you, it works very well now. CVN65 is operational.

Johan

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
« Reply #721 on: April 25, 2013, 09:46:46 am »
A Question about adding/deleting carriers.
How can we add/delete carrier configurations from vLSO?
I have repaints of Javier's Nimitz/Ike in empty deck configuration for the rest of the carriers in the Nimitz Class.
Once I install them into FSX simobjects>boats>USS_Nimitz, they show up just fine, and are completely usable (TCN/ILS/JBD/Cat/Arrest, etc.), except by vLSO.
What must I do to get the vLSO to "recognize" the other carriers?

I am willing to remove some of the current optional Nimitz configurations (T-45, Crowded deck, etc.)

the following URL points to a mediafire repository for the repaints:

http://www.mediafire.com/?c8tuuq2gpy304ut

Thanks

JamesChams

« Reply #722 on: April 25, 2013, 10:02:22 am »
@Paddles
How can we add/delete carrier configurations from vLSO? ....
I just tried using vLSO v0.7.0.1 with Sylvian & Team's RFN PAN Charles De Gaulle v1.0 with "NO JOY" ...  Could you make that customizable in the next version as well?  Thanks!  :D

@texxasal
...the following URL points to a mediafire repository for the repaints:
Thanks for the free repaints. ;)

FYI: I worked out the TacPack Managers configuration for RFN PAN Charles De Gaulle v1.0 & will post it onto VRS' site shortly.
EDIT: here they are:-  http://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=11477&p=78026#p78026
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:32:31 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #723 on: April 25, 2013, 10:28:39 am »
...............I just tried using vLSO v0.7.0.1 .....................

JamesChams,

Is that a typo, or, is there another version released. I'm still using v0.7.0.0b and thought, that was the last version released.

Where could you obtain the updated version from?

JamesChams

« Reply #724 on: April 25, 2013, 11:09:41 am »
...............I just tried using vLSO v0.7.0.1 .....................

JamesChams,

Is that a typo, or, is there another version released. I'm still using v0.7.0.0b and thought, that was the last version released.

Where could you obtain the updated version from?
Not a typo, you can get it here: http://vlso.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/vlso-07-news-fclp.html
(Look on the right side of the page).
 ;)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #725 on: April 25, 2013, 01:50:43 pm »
.........Not a typo, you can get it here.......

Ow man!

Thanks James.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #726 on: April 30, 2013, 06:53:05 pm »
Paddles...
When working on the tanker feature I've noticed some AC have yawing/banking, some fly steady. The most steady is the S3-B. As soon as the tanker spawns it starts flying as an AI aircraft along 4 waypoints. From now on it's movement is under FSX control, so perhaps there's something in FSX engine which makes some aircrfat fly weird in AI mode.

Yeah, there is something odd about the minor "ducking and weaving" of AI Traffic during point-to-point navigation. If you wanna see the same thing, just load up the my KC-135 KSAN to KLAS AI track and it does some easy angle-of-bank light "jinking", if you will, and I have no idea about the "why".

Also, on another front, thanks for those fixes on the Enterprise ICLS/TACAN and the IFLOLS, as I've implemented those into the current Sludge and all future releases will have those included.

Fellas...
As a result of Paddles work on the Enterprise/Combat HUD fix, I was tinkering with the HUD doing integration the other night and got caught up making the HUD fonts bigger and spaced a little wider. Also, more realistic positions (ie. HUD clock intersects on the great circle steering ring). Still a Work-In-Progress (WIP) but it's coming along nicely. Because of the brightness and size change, I might go back to the previous HUD glass texture (extreme clear), so there's no disparity between the two brightness levels where the glass texture changes on the current HUD Glass texture.

Later
Sludge

GOONIE

« Reply #727 on: April 30, 2013, 07:09:22 pm »
Sounds good Sludge, post some pics when you are ready to share!

GOONIE
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Johan

« Reply #728 on: May 01, 2013, 02:06:54 am »
If you wanna see the same thing, just load up the my KC-135 KSAN to KLAS AI track and it does some easy angle-of-bank light "jinking", if you will, and I have no idea about the "why".

Hello Sludge,

Yes, I am using your tanker all the time, and I always wondered about this tanker behavior...It is systematic, therefore predictable, so when I tank behind, I just follow this little "dance" that takes place at regular intervals.
I haven't had time to try your new F/A-18 release yet, but I will, it's on my list.
Thanks as always,

Johan

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #729 on: May 01, 2013, 07:48:52 am »
Johan...

Ya, I did the same thing, I'd get used to the wide turns as I'm doing ARs (air refuelings) on the way to Vegas after doing some cats/traps with the carrier boat traffic. It worked as well as could be expected for a tanker that "jinks" along the way.

Wish I actually had an answer as to WHY it does this, but if I'm not mistaken, I think ALL FSX AI Traffic does this? I know that before I made that KSAN-KLAS Tanker AI Route, I would just pull up behind the nearest 737 or whatever and it would do the same thing while I was pulling "virtual gas" from it.

Anyway, hopefully someone here can dig and find out why FSX AI Traffic feels the need to jink as it navigates from point to point. And, whenever you can use the new Sludge, just let me know what you think. Remember to include the HotFix as well, as it remedies some known issues that I haven't really solved yet.

Later
Sludge

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
« Reply #730 on: May 04, 2013, 03:01:11 am »
I have repaints of Javier's Nimitz/Ike in empty deck configuration for the rest of the carriers in the Nimitz Class.
Once I install them into FSX simobjects>boats>USS_Nimitz, they show up just fine, and are completely usable (TCN/ILS/JBD/Cat/Arrest, etc.), except by vLSO.

I am willing to remove some of the current optional Nimitz configurations (T-45, Crowded deck, etc.)

the following URL points to a mediafire repository for the repaints:

Thanks

I'm not certain of the protocol here, so am replying to this thread in order to obtain a response from the developer.

Thanks for your response.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #731 on: May 04, 2013, 01:28:07 pm »
First of all, my apologies for the delay...  :(

Unfortunately, a user can not add or delete a carrier. All carriers that the program 'recognizes' are hardcoded because of various technical limitations.
Anyways, the carriers in question are now supported by the program, as these are merely repaints of the Javier's Nimitz.
You can download the 0.7.0.2 beta using links either from the post #1 or my blog.

Happy landings!
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
« Reply #732 on: May 05, 2013, 02:45:42 pm »
First of all, my apologies for the delay...  :(

Unfortunately, a user can not add or delete a carrier. All carriers that the program 'recognizes' are hardcoded because of various technical limitations.
Anyways, the carriers in question are now supported by the program, as these are merely repaints of the Javier's Nimitz.
You can download the 0.7.0.2 beta using links either from the post #1 or my blog.

Happy landings!

Paddles,

No problem sir,  I'm grateful for your efforts on our behalf.

Carrier repaints now being recognized, and tracked just fine.

At the risk of being a total "troll" and PITA, is there some way we can add FCLP locations? The only reason I'm asking is that are literally about a hundred of them around the US and, in the case of Coupeville, the scenery/runway supplied doesn't match that which folks already have installed (in my case I use Mega Scenery Earth which is a faithful representation from Google Earth sources).

Anyway, thanks again for a great product.  It's as significant an addition as Javier's carriers.

Bravo Zulu.

Al :)

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #733 on: May 06, 2013, 04:07:30 am »
'texxasal' back on page 46 of this now very long thread 'fsxnp' now 'Paddles' mentions this:

"Oops, I forgot to mention - a new FCLP pack 3 is available here http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/6971e06d.

More vLSO compatible FCLP locations to come..."

Also earlier elsewhere on this thread (or here: http://vlso.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/vlso-wip-update.html ) he mentions why only Coupeville was available (I'll find that info).

"FSXNavyPilotMarch 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Spaz,
NOLF Choctaw is probably the most scenic, but in FSX its runway elevation is somehow 356', not 102' as in real life, which would require additional work to fix that glitch. There is a good FSX scenery by Brandon Thetford with a nice photoscenery, by the way. But there's no authentic carrier box (with night lighting) and a Mk14 IFLOLS. I don't think that 'tweaking' Brandon's work would be a great idea, so if I decided to create my own scenery, I'd have to start from scratch. No big deal, though. Just a matter of time...
By the way, NALF Fentress' runway elevation is 16' both in FSX and in reality. ;-)"

Anyway I'll guess 'Paddles' will be here soon to explain further if the earlier explanation cannot be found.... YAY Paddles! :D

Probably this info (about why few FCLP locations are available) is on the vLSO website:

http://vlso.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/more-fclp-locations-to-come.html

"Sunday, May 5, 2013 More FCLP locations to come
Well, at last I dusted off my trusty Gmax and other modeling stuff and started working on a new FCLP location - NALF Fentress. This time I'm going to make usable both runways at Fentress. This means there will be two IFLOLS, two LSO shacks, two carrier boxes with lighting and two abeam lights. Oh, and two wind socks, of course! ))) So, you will be able to choose a runway to bounce depending on winds..."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 04:19:28 am by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #734 on: May 06, 2013, 02:08:20 pm »
... is there some way we can add FCLP locations?
No way, sorry. This requires some specific work on making a scenery vLSO-compatible.

... that are literally about a hundred of them around the US and, in the case of Coupeville, the scenery/runway supplied doesn't match that which folks already have installed (in my case I use Mega Scenery Earth which is a faithful representation from Google Earth sources).
Al, it appears that the runway angle of my KNRA scenery differs from the real one by 3 (or so) degrees. When working on the scenery my biggest concern was the wrong FSX KNRA placement, which is shown in yellow on the picture. And at that time I thought its angle was correct, so I just moved the runway without changing the angle. I was wrong!  ;D
Well, I will have to rebuild my KNRA scenery once again... Can you show me how much this scenery differs from Mega Scenery Earth?

BTW, I had a word with Brandon and we'll work on making his Choctaw and Joe Williams FCLP sceneries vLSO compatible.

[Update]
Changed the scenery. There was the 4-degree difference between the real and FSX runways, it's been fixed and the next KNRA version will be free of this glitch.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 06:25:54 am by Paddles »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!