Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814522 times)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #705 on: April 17, 2013, 08:54:03 am »
1) Not a big deal, but I noticed that even without FSX running I have a GREEN Flight Simulator X indication from vLSO.  Might cause issues with folks trying to troubleshoot problems.
Very strange... Normally, as soon as FSX quit, the program changes the FSX indication to RED. If it stays GREEN, then there's something wrong with SimConnect - the vLSO receives FSX events/notifications via SimConnect. On what OS are you running FSX, btw?

2) This is more FYI since I was too dumb to think to write down the error, but the first time I ran vLSO and flew a pass I got an error message after exiting from my flight.  The error appeared to be in Hex. Hasn't happened after that.  Anyone else experience this?
Please, make screenshots of any error messages popping up. This will help me to sort things out.

3)  The thing I was most excited about for this release (aside from correct G/S issues) was vLSO now grabbing VSI, AoA, and KIAS from each pass.  However, none of my passes have that info recorded. Not sure what is happening there but I'm guessing it might be something on my end.  Does vLSO need anything specific, i.e specific version of FSUIPC, or something of that nature?
Very strange again...  :) All passes recorded with vLSO 0.7 have VSI, AoA and KIAS info. When in the debrief window you hover the mouse pointer over the glidepath, the informer MUST show these data. The glidepath has width of 2 pixels, so you will be able to 'spot' any point on the glidepath.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #706 on: April 17, 2013, 07:28:03 pm »
Paddles,

Running 64 bit Win7.  However, I solved SimConnect issue with a good old fashioned reboot of the PC.

Haven't had the error message since the first time I ran beta .7.  I'm guessing it won't happen again, but if it does, I'll grab a screenshot for you.

I see VSI, AoA, and KIAS info now.  I thought it was simply the info from touchdown, didn't realize it would give it from any given point on the debrief.  Guess I should RTFM first, sorry about that  :-[

.7 really is a fantastic program.  I'm not sure what else you plan to implement, but it would seem to me that most of the bugs have been worked out and that it is rapidly approaching the end of its beta stage  ;D  Thanks again!

Pyro
Pops

SUBS17

« Reply #707 on: April 18, 2013, 01:31:37 am »
v7 looks good just did a trap in a T45C with it.

JamesChams

« Reply #708 on: April 18, 2013, 10:01:54 am »
Thank you, "Paddles" (the Dev. formerly known as "Fsxnavypilot") ;D
Will download and try it out shortly.  ;)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

SUBS17

« Reply #709 on: April 19, 2013, 12:41:57 am »
Ok paddles I spawned the tanker and it was set to VRS Superhornet, a few problems 1 the tanker had wrong load out and 2 it was flying weird yawing left to right. I think its time for you to have a talk with VRS maybe as I know that the Tacpac tanker spawned is what you really want to spawn. Thing I like though is you can in vLSO select which aircraft skin the tanker is going to fly with.(I'm going to add that request actually as its a very good option).

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #710 on: April 19, 2013, 04:49:29 am »
... it was flying weird yawing left to right.

When working on the tanker feature I've noticed some AC have yawing/banking, some fly steady. The most steady is the S3-B. As soon as the tanker spawns it starts flying as an AI aircraft along 4 waypoints. From now on it's movement is under FSX control, so perhaps there's something in FSX engine which makes some aircrfat fly weird in AI mode.

ctec1

« Reply #711 on: April 20, 2013, 03:48:10 pm »
Paddles,

I made a screenshot of an error I'm getting at startup of vLSO. I'm using Win 7 64bit and P3D. The last few versions of vLSO have worked just fine and just now started getting this error after installing 0.7.0. BTW I also installed the hotfix exe. This may or may not be the same error that the guys mentioned above. I keep getting the error even after the first run of the program. After I clear the errors the program seems to function properly as seen in the log in the screenshot. Just keep getting the error at startup. One other thing I noticed is that it shows the error message several times. Sometimes only once or twice but on subsequent startups it may show that message up to 4 times. after they stop I clear them and everything goes as planned. Heres a link to the shot:

http://sbcglobalpwp.att.net/c/t/ctec1/ATT_Files/P3D/vLSO.jpg

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
« Reply #712 on: April 20, 2013, 05:04:13 pm »

When working on the tanker feature I've noticed some AC have yawing/banking, some fly steady. The most steady is the S3-B. As soon as the tanker spawns it starts flying as an AI aircraft along 4 waypoints. From now on it's movement is under FSX control, so perhaps there's something in FSX engine which makes some aircrfat fly weird in AI mode.

I know, especially in the case of what was reported by SUBS17, the VRS Superbug for FSX does not support any functionality as an AI piloted aircraft. I reported this condition personally in February of 2012, and this has been documented, reported, asked and answered repeatedly on the VRS forums (as I'm sure SUBS17 is aware). I would also believe that there are many more aircraft in FSX, most probably those with accurate flight and control models, that don't "work" with AI pilots.

There's nothing you can "fix" with vLSO sir, it's a part of the FSX AI "pilot" engine.

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #713 on: April 20, 2013, 06:17:13 pm »
Paddles,

That was the same error I had.  Mine only occurred after my first trap, and when switching from FSX to the desktop.  2 error messages popped up, but unlike ctec, I haven't had them occur since then.

Pyro
Pops

SUBS17

« Reply #714 on: April 21, 2013, 09:11:42 am »

I wonder if VRS would be willing to allow you the input to spawn their AI tanker, BTW I think the load out/speed of that SH was the reason for its yawing.

ctec1

« Reply #715 on: April 21, 2013, 04:25:07 pm »
Paddles,

That was the same error I had.  Mine only occurred after my first trap, and when switching from FSX to the desktop.  2 error messages popped up, but unlike ctec, I haven't had them occur since then.

Pyro

Just an update to my previous post. Flew quite a bit yesterday and was getting that error message shown in my previous post everytime I ran vLSO. Shut down the puter last nite and after a restart this morning the error message has ceased. All seems fine at this point. Seems like a restart after the original install fixed the issue. Hope this info helps.

Mark

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #716 on: April 23, 2013, 01:58:23 pm »
Ok, guys
Here's a modified HUD for the Sludge with CVN65 support added and GS set to 4.12.

Currently supported carriers/freqs:

CVN68 Accel - 111.00 / 47X
CVN68 Javier - 112.00 / 57X
CVN65 - 114.00 / 87X.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 04:08:21 am by Paddles »

Johan

« Reply #717 on: April 23, 2013, 03:27:54 pm »
Ok, guys
Here's a modified HUD for the Sludge with CVN65 support added and GS set to 4.12.

CVN65 - 114.00 / 87X.

Perfect! I will try tonight.
Thanks Paddles.

Johan

Johan

« Reply #718 on: April 24, 2013, 02:50:03 am »
Ok, guys

CVN65 - 114.00 / 87X.

Hi Paddles,

First impressions are really good with the new CVN65 support.
A couple of points:
1-I have a flickering number on my HUD, 3D and 2D. See pictures attached and number in cloud. It varies very rapidly from 12 to 176 or so.
2-the IFLOLS gauge doesn't work on CVN65.
gauge00=Avionics\IFLOLS!IFLOLS.xml, 150, 580, 150, 65D
Other than that, the vLSO calls are good.
Great work,

Johan

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #719 on: April 24, 2013, 04:09:58 am »
Sorry, that was my fault - some debug code remained in a final version.
Now it's cleaned and the IFLOLS gauge tuned to CVN65 also.