Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 818530 times)

GOONIE

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #690 on: April 15, 2013, 06:53:27 pm »
Paddles,
Thanks for the update! regarding the FCLP missions, can you add the old LSO shack views to the mission (e.g. selectable view to watch FCLPs from the LSO PoV)? I enjoyed these view in your previous FCLP missions, but didn't see them available in the new ones.

Thanks!

GOONIE
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #691 on: April 15, 2013, 06:56:37 pm »
Ok, will fix that
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #692 on: April 15, 2013, 07:01:49 pm »
...I have uninstalled all of the KNRA scenery and the missions and then reinstalled the scenery (not easy using Win 7) and then the missions. 
May I have a screenshot of your KNRA_FCLP\scenery folder (in details view mode, not thumbnails)? Looks like something wrong with your setup, because vLSO doesn't recognize the scenery.

Tregarth

« Reply #693 on: April 15, 2013, 08:08:33 pm »
Thanks for your reply.

I have found the folder and opened it as shown below.  I have used Win Explorer to search the entire PC, the only references I can find to KNRA_FCLP are this folder and a file with the address C\Users\Clive\Desktop\Add On Scenery\KNRA_FCLP which is a TAG file.  (My C Drive contains Win 7 64 bit, my F Drive contains FSX.)

I had expected to see a KNRA folder in either my FSX or FSX\Scenery folder but there is not one there.  I have also looked for KNJK files but the only KNJK files are in F\FSX\Missions\Military\FCLP Part 1 and \...Part 2.  They are both PNG files.

I hope this helps you.

Clive

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #694 on: April 15, 2013, 09:11:36 pm »
..............a file with the address C\Users\Clive\Desktop\Add On Scenery\KNRA_FCLP which is a TAG file.  (My C Drive contains Win 7 64 bit, my F Drive contains FSX.)

I had expected to see a KNRA folder in either my FSX or FSX\Scenery folder but there is not one there.  I have also looked for KNJK files but the only KNJK files are in F\FSX\Missions\Military\FCLP Part 1 and \...Part 2.  They are both PNG files..................

Hi Clive,

I'm thinking, the correct location for the add on scenery is FSX Drive\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\KNRA scenery folder. But, from the path you provided above, it looks like you have installed this in a folder on your desktop. I wonder, if that is so, how are you even able to see the new scenery.

Some piece is not fitting the larger puzzle here.

Tregarth

« Reply #695 on: April 15, 2013, 11:34:31 pm »
Dear Mickey_Techy,

I could not agree with you more, but as I said I cannot find any KNRA (or KNJK) files on the PC.  It is the reason I looked for the KNJK files as well.  But as you can see from my Scenery Library both KNRA and KNJK are in the list.

Out of curiosity I have looked for another add-on scenery e.g. UK 2000's EGLL and that appears in F\FSX\UK2000 scenery.....  I have no understanding of how FSX works.

One point for you, I have been told by many people never to put the FSX program in the default Prog Files/MS Games folder.  That is why my FSX program is in drive roor directory i.e. F\FSX.

Thanks for your comments,

Clive

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #696 on: April 16, 2013, 04:27:29 am »
Clive,
The program supposes that any FCLP sceneries are installed in the 'Addon Scenery' folder, which is not in your case. Please move the KNRA_FCLP folder to the 'Addon Scenery' and install the scenery as usual. This should work.

I'll have to correct the program to work with sceneries installed from other locations...

Brennan,
I've added two views to the missions so now you can enjoy these views again  :)

Johan

« Reply #697 on: April 16, 2013, 05:21:04 am »
Hello Paddles,

I am not testing the missions but rather different fleets approaches. I have 4 AC fleets in the PNW between Comox, Vancouver, and Everett. The vLSO works great between the 4, switching from one AC to the other. The only drawback is the HUD readings. The "bug" and the distance to TCN is always to the nearest AC, not to the one I am selecting as my target when they are more than 10 miles apart.
Other than that....I have very happy landings.
Thank you,

Johan

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #698 on: April 16, 2013, 05:44:15 am »
Johan,
I suppose all these carriers are Javier's CVN68/69? They all have the same 57X TCN channel, no way to change it...

Johan

« Reply #699 on: April 16, 2013, 06:19:07 am »
Johan,
I suppose all these carriers are Javier's CVN68/69? They all have the same 57X TCN channel, no way to change it...

Correct, all these are Javier's. No CVN65 or HMS Ark Royal in the mix in my PNW fleet configuration.
It is not a big deal. As soon as you get close enough to your target AC (10 miles or so), then all the needles come right, bug and TCN included. You have done a wonderful job.

Johan

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #700 on: April 16, 2013, 06:26:08 am »
Glad you liked it. Enjoy and happy landings!  ;D

GOONIE

« Reply #701 on: April 16, 2013, 02:53:10 pm »
I've added two views to the missions so now you can enjoy these views again  :)

Bravo Zulu!  8)

Thanks, Paddles
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Tregarth

« Reply #702 on: April 16, 2013, 04:43:04 pm »
Thank you all very much for your help.  Everything is working as advertised; it is amazingly good.

This is the first time I had added scenery manually to a 2 HD system, hopefully others will learn from my mistakes.

I have started 2 new posts:

Low Passes

TrackIR set up info

I hope they will be entertaining and helpful

Thanks again,

Clive

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #703 on: April 17, 2013, 05:32:20 am »
Paddles,

Beta .7 is absolutely amazing!  I only flew a few passes, but the calls are now much more synced with the ball on the boat.  Some brief feedback:

1) Not a big deal, but I noticed that even without FSX running I have a GREEN Flight Simulator X indication from vLSO.  Might cause issues with folks trying to troubleshoot problems.
2) This is more FYI since I was too dumb to think to write down the error, but the first time I ran vLSO and flew a pass I got an error message after exiting from my flight.  The error appeared to be in Hex. Hasn't happened after that.  Anyone else experience this?
3)  The thing I was most excited about for this release (aside from correct G/S issues) was vLSO now grabbing VSI, AoA, and KIAS from each pass.  However, none of my passes have that info recorded. Not sure what is happening there but I'm guessing it might be something on my end.  Does vLSO need anything specific, i.e specific version of FSUIPC, or something of that nature?

Thanks for all the hard work you do man.  FSX Nav Av just keeps getting better and better!

Pyro
Pops

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #704 on: April 17, 2013, 06:35:55 am »
...............but the first time I ran vLSO and flew a pass I got an error message after exiting from my flight.  The error appeared to be in Hex. Hasn't happened after that.  Anyone else experience this?................

Now that you bring it up Pyro, I experienced this also. Since it never happened after the first time, I didn't even take a notice of it, till you mentioned.