Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814796 times)

mjrhealth

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #675 on: March 30, 2013, 10:57:41 pm »
Hi, like to thank you all for your efforts. Especially enjoy the tanking option. Thank goodness for the AI map couldnt find it otherwise. Now I take off from an airfield in Hawaii. do a couple of loops behind the tanker than land on the carrier. Getting lots of practice quiet difficult maintaining airspeed but improving.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #676 on: April 13, 2013, 07:55:16 pm »
Ok, guys
The 0.7 beta is out (see post number one), at last.   ;) It's a major update with lots of features added/updated/reworked. Enjoy and don't hesitate to report any bugs/suggestions/whatever....
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #677 on: April 13, 2013, 08:38:18 pm »
Yeah, downloading it.

Could you manage to include the 'debrief tool' I had requested in a separate thread?

Johan

« Reply #678 on: April 13, 2013, 09:37:26 pm »
Ok, guys
The 0.7 beta is out (see post number one), at last.   ;) It's a major update with lots of features added/updated/reworked. Enjoy and don't hesitate to report any bugs/suggestions/whatever....

Thanks Paddles, all these goodies in the same package. Amazing work.

Johan

Tregarth

« Reply #679 on: April 13, 2013, 11:04:46 pm »
Dear Paddles,

I started to download v0.7 but suddenly saw that a number of other programs wanted to run as well - NCDownload and Search Protect, both of which started a warning on ZoneAlarm. 

Are these your programs and what do they do?  I suspect they are advertising as a way of paying for a "free" download. If they are, I am willing to pay you for the use of vLSO (you certainly deserve it) in order to avoid having these programs on my PC.

How can I pay you directly?

Thank you,

Tregarth

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #680 on: April 14, 2013, 12:33:07 am »
I started to download v0.7 but suddenly saw that a number of other programs wanted to run as well - NCDownload and Search Protect, both of which started a warning on ZoneAlarm. 
Tregarth

I believe those are programs from the file hosting site, NOT from Paddles.  I would uninstall/remove all the files, and then re-download from his mirror.  Below the download button, UNCHECK the box that says "Use our download manager blah blah blah" and then click download.  Voila.  No more extraneous programs.

Paddles, correct me if that is not the case.  Thanks for all the hard work.  Will hopefully get a chance to check it out tonight.

Pyro
Pops

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #681 on: April 14, 2013, 02:12:55 am »
Thanks 'pyroperson87' - I would add to: click the grey smaller 'download now' button immediately above the 'unchecked' tick box you mention. If the very much larger BLACK 'Download Now' button is clicked on the right hand side of the screen then all the junk - specifically the .EXE file for the unnecessary 'download manager' will be downloaded. Thanks again 'fsxnp/PADDLES'!  ;D
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #682 on: April 14, 2013, 07:42:21 am »
Oops, I forgot to mention - a new FCLP pack 3 is available here http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/6971e06d.

More vLSO compatible FCLP locations to come...  ;)

Tregarth

« Reply #683 on: April 14, 2013, 09:43:01 pm »
1.  What a brilliant job Paddles has done!  Thank you very much.

Thank you also to SpazSinbad and PyroPerson 87 for the help with the download instructions.

Some information:

I have a 2 x SSD set up, which has Win7 64 bit on the C drive and FSX on the F drive.  If anyone else needs to know, the vLSO files go into C\Prog Files (x86)\vLSO, (the same drive as AICarriers) .  Please don't ask how long it took me to find this out.

Some questions:

I have the Log Book showing the SimConnect, FSX, On-screen messages and Manual Ball all showing green but no one talks to me.  I have Sound, SeanHand, vLSO (application) and vLSO.cfg all in the vLSO folder, is this right? 

I also have the FCLP tab active; have flown over Coupeville but do not see the "You are in Coupeville area" as shown on p10 of the manual.

I am using the Coupeville daylight Mission which loads properly and shows the IFLOLS.  I take it Coupeville does not have an ILS, just a DME so the brilliant ILOLS gauge doesn't work.

I tried flying round both Coupeville and El Centro but neither seemed to work.  I have vLSO Options showing in the Add-Ons tab but when I click on that nothing happens.

Finally, I am flying Dino Cattaeo's T-45, when I go into settings on the LogBook page which shows the palne selected is the F18 A - D but when I select the T-45, click Save, the page closes but when I re-open it the plane selected is the F18 A-D.

I am sorry if I am being a pain, but as you can tell I enjoy trying to fly but am crap at installing the software.

Any help, comments, guidance will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Tregarth

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
« Reply #684 on: April 14, 2013, 09:58:52 pm »
Oops, I forgot to mention - a new FCLP pack 3 is available here http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/6971e06d.

More vLSO compatible FCLP locations to come...  ;)

In the area of FCLP locations, may I put in a request for the Master Jet Bases of KNLC, and KNTU? Also places like Corpus Christi NAS, Meridian Miss, and KNUW would be great.

Anyway, thanks very much for all your efforts. they are much appreciated.

Al

Johan

« Reply #685 on: April 15, 2013, 02:44:01 am »
Ok, guys

Serge,

Lots of good things on the Beta 0.7, I really like the tanker with the drogue deploying automatically when closing on it.
I tried with 2 AC's 10 miles away from each other. One is the regular CVN68 (Javier's), the other is the CVN65 SDB Enterprise. I can pick one or the other, vLSO works fine with both. However, my F/A-18 HUD will only pick the CVN68 in terms of distance and direction. So as I land on the CVN65, the HUD actually tells me that I am 10 miles away from the carrier...I don't know if this can be corrected but I guess it's probably from the HUD programming, not from vLSO.
I will continue testing this great release.
Thank you,

Johan

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #686 on: April 15, 2013, 04:08:40 am »
...I don't know if this can be corrected but I guess it's probably from the HUD programming, not from vLSO.

This can be, and will be, corrected. You're right, this is the HUD programming and it's on my 'to-do' list.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #687 on: April 15, 2013, 04:24:22 am »
I have the Log Book showing the SimConnect, FSX, On-screen messages and Manual Ball all showing green but no one talks to me.  I have Sound, SeanHand, vLSO (application) and vLSO.cfg all in the vLSO folder, is this right?  
Seems correct. vLSO will talk to you when your gears lowered and you're abeam or in the groove. Also, in CASE III, you will hear mile calls (from 9 to 1) when behind the boat.

I also have the FCLP tab active; have flown over Coupeville but do not see the "You are in Coupeville area" as shown on p10 of the manual.

I am using the Coupeville daylight Mission which loads properly and shows the IFLOLS.  I take it Coupeville does not have an ILS, just a DME so the brilliant ILOLS gauge doesn't work.

I tried flying round both Coupeville and El Centro but neither seemed to work.  I have vLSO Options showing in the Add-Ons tab but when I click on that nothing happens.
Make sure you have the latest FCLP pack 3 properly installed, which means that my previous Coupeville FCLP scenery from pack 2 must be uninstalled first. This new pack doesn't have vLSO compatible El Centro, sorry.

Finally, I am flying Dino Cattaeo's T-45, when I go into settings on the LogBook page which shows the palne selected is the F18 A - D but when I select the T-45, click Save, the page closes but when I re-open it the plane selected is the F18 A-D.
Well, this setting is for custom aircraft definition, this has nothing to do with an aircraft you're currently flying. Every time you open the settings window you'll see the first item highlited.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:54:03 am by Paddles »

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #688 on: April 15, 2013, 06:52:57 am »
Johan...

...I don't know if this can be corrected but I guess it's probably from the HUD programming, not from vLSO.

This can be, and will be, corrected. You're right, this is the HUD programming and it's on my 'to-do' list.

Yeah, this would have to be Paddles work and giving fixes out for this, as the Enterprise SDB is a "whole 'nother ball of wax" for me. It's currently not a part of Rusev/Printz Combat HUD XML. Remember, as a refresher, the Combat HUD makes the ICLS/TCN possible with the Acceleration/AI/Javier carriers, thru XML programming. To make it work with the Enterprise SDB, one would have to figure out ICLS/TCN points, glideslopes, and other specifics and then include them into the Combat HUD XML. That's why the Enterprise works with the package gauges and NOT the Combat HUD.

BTW, hate the Enterprise gauges, they slowed my FSX down to under 10 FPS in carrier ops. I uninstalled it and haven't messed with it since.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:57:55 pm by Sludge »

Tregarth

« Reply #689 on: April 15, 2013, 06:40:11 pm »
Dear Paddles,

Well, I have tried.  I have uninstalled all of the KNRA scenery and the missions and then reinstalled the scenery (not easy using Win 7) and then the missions.  The scenery works, the mission starts at KNUW with Nav 1 = 112.5.  I try new scenery out with my trusty Cessna; with vLSO running I saw a message saying the plane was not supported, which is correct.  I flew to KNRA and saw the additional runway markings, IFLOLS and the shack so all seems to be working properly.

I then used the mission to fly to the airfield using the T-45, a crap flight but nothing on vLSO i.e no voice, no log book entry despite gear down, flaps and air brakes extended.  I tried using a FSX Blue Angels F-18, a slightly better flight (I am learning) but still nothing on vLSO.  Also, when I look at add-Ons, I see FSUIPC, A2A, AIShips all of which are active.  vLSO Options shows but when I click on it nothing happens.

I then moved to Miramar, flew to a carrier using AICarriers and everything worked as advertised using the F-18.  Also, vLSO Options had a menu in it.  Brilliant!

Can't say the same for the pilot, I now have W/O in my log book.  (My first entry!)

Shame about El Centro not being included; I was hoping to polish my flying before moving to Coupeville.

Thank you again for a marvellous add-on,

Cheers,

Tregarth.