Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 818369 times)

GOONIE

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #555 on: January 06, 2013, 03:22:57 pm »
...auto load with FSX in EXE.xml caused my AI ships control/ select in fsx to disapear...

fsx acceleration , windows 7 64bit

Installed FSX + TacPack + vLSO on my computer and I got the following problem.

Second : I appear a little high on the graph, even if I am well below the glideslope (see the comms).

Using Windows7 64bit.

My vLSO is completely dead in FSX. Would apreaciate if there's some kinda of a solution for this. Using VRS + TacPack.

Guys, I have neither Win7 nor TacPack installed on my computer so I can't reproduce your situation and try to sort things out. My only suggestion would be try to run vLSO w/o TacPack active?
Anyway, I've found a bug in my code, which reported by jeff64. A new corrected beta 0.6.4 is here http://www.4shared.com/zip/KPUOu_6e/vLSO_0640.html (just an .exe file to replace).

Any chance for vLSO to support the F35C by Dino FSXNAVYPILOT?

Yes, I will add the F35C support.

I just wanted to report that v 0.2b that I had thankfully saved back still works perfectly, but I can't get even your latest 0.640 to do anything other than show green connected to FSX and SimConnect in the GUI.  Remember still running Win7 64-Bit with TACPAC spawned carriers and the Rhino here.  Works fine as I said with 0.2b.  So is there anything that you can think of that has changed from 0.2 to 0.640 that would cause it to stop working?  Seems that vLSO isn't recognizing my approach to the carrier.  I'm spawning it 10nm ahead of me at 25knts on my current heading near Oceana NAS.  All gear and hook down and locked by 5nm.  Let me know if there is anything I can try.  Feel free to PM me if necessary and I'll work with you any way I can.  Thank you!
Vr,
Adam

Hey Adam, try spawning a carrier using AIcarriers, and not via the tacpack GUI. Might work
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

ctec1

« Reply #556 on: January 06, 2013, 03:27:25 pm »
Same problem here. Its hit and miss, mostly miss. Usually when it works I get the CASE callout and then the distance to carrier callouts for .ie 7 miles...6 miles...and so on. I'll get to the boat and get the "paddles contact" then thats all she wrote. I'll land but get no info in the log. Take off and repeat same deal. One time I got an "abeam callout". I thought I was on to something but after several more attempts cant even get the "abeam callout".

Any chance of getting a link up for that 0.2b version so I can try that and see if that still works.

THX,

Mark

PS, Just saw the previous post and I'm spawning carriers with AICarriers and no TacPac.

theoklahomaaviator

« Reply #557 on: January 06, 2013, 04:14:56 pm »
GOONIE, 
I've tried with aicarriers and TacPack disabled and got the same results.  I really think its something in the GUI, but without knowing what has changed from 0.2b to now I can't be sure.
Vr,
Adam

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #558 on: January 07, 2013, 12:52:13 pm »
Guys,
When testing vLSO, I usually fly some missions, I have created specifically for vLSO testing. Nothing special - an Acceleration or Javier's carrier moves somewhere in the ocean with my trusty Hornet warming up its engines near Cat4.

Last night I did some tests with AICarriers and found no errors. Both Acceleration and Javier carriers spawned where specified, the program recognized them well and then commented and graded my landing attempts.

And, as previously. my system is WinXP 64. I think I'll need to switch to Win7 64...   ;D
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
« Reply #559 on: January 07, 2013, 01:29:03 pm »
Guys,
When testing vLSO, I usually fly some missions, I have created specifically for vLSO testing. Nothing special - an Acceleration or Javier's carrier moves somewhere in the ocean with my trusty Hornet warming up its engines near Cat4.

Last night I did some tests with AICarriers and found no errors. Both Acceleration and Javier carriers spawned where specified, the program recognized them well and then commented and graded my landing attempts.

And, as previously. my system is WinXP 64. I think I'll need to switch to Win7 64...   ;D

Sir,
First off, thanks for a great product, which has dramatically enhanced our enjoyment of FSX.

My question is in regards to your above statement, and the problems being reported by many folks in the communities with which I participate:

Do you perform any testing outside of your "Missions"?

My reason for posing the question is that we have noted substantial differences in the processing between "Mission" and non-mission SP & MP flight sessions. As a very vivid example, the TacPack by VRS does not support MP missions at all, and most of the users of TacPack/VRS fly in online MP sessions

Just looking for something we are missing, as I have personally not encountered any problem with basic functionality since the earliest Beta release of both vLSO and TacPack.

Thanks again.

Al Rosenberg
San Antonio, Texas

GOONIE

« Reply #560 on: January 07, 2013, 02:17:09 pm »
Serge,
You forgot to mention your vLSO blog! I saw it in your banner, nice  8)

GOONIE
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #561 on: January 07, 2013, 04:00:15 pm »
Do you perform any testing outside of your "Missions"?

Al,
Many, many thanks for your 'mission' head-up!
First, I've tried vLSO with stock carrier missions - no joy! Not to be too technical - unhandled weather requests caused the problem.  ::) These requests are needed to determine CASE condition.

Until now I believed that FSX always answers weather requests. I was wrong! As it appeared, for some missions FSX answers, for some doesn't... And when it doesn't, some internal variables remain not set, that's why vLSO couldn't find a carrier.

Anyways, this current 0.6.4.1 beta is free of this nasty bug, so now you can continue enjoying FSX carops!  8)
And I'll continue to study FSX SDK...  ;D

You forgot to mention your vLSO blog!

Oh yes, I'm forgetful sometimes...

jeff64

« Reply #562 on: January 07, 2013, 07:48:48 pm »
hello

do we need to replace the vLSO.exe from 0.6.3.7, or this .exe is a standalone ?

jeff64

« Reply #563 on: January 07, 2013, 11:19:53 pm »
My problem seems to be resolved. Installed the new 0.6.4.1 (installed over 0.6.3.7), tried several times with different reboots, seems to work.

Thank you very much for your work.

One little thing : I don't have anymore the first label indicating CASE 1, BRC blabla...
But in flight, i have all the labels (paddle contact, call the ball, 205 xx, roger ball, etc.)

ctec1

« Reply #564 on: January 08, 2013, 12:26:26 am »
Working as well on my end also with a slight catch.

I made the changes to 0.6.4.1 and tried my usual flight which is kinda strange but I'll give you the details. Since KCLE is home, I like to just takeoff from Hopkins International and head N. for a few miles and then drop Javiers Nimitz (AICarriers2) into Lake Erie, a few miles off shore. This is the scenario that I was trying to get to work all along with vLSO. Well after installing 0.6.4.1 I still had the same issues, sometimes it works and the next time cant get it to work at all. Most of the time it doesnt want to work period.

I was ready to give up on it and decided lets move the carrier somewhere else. So went to Pensacola NAS and tried the same procedure there. And it works!!. Did quite a few tests, shutdown reboot the whole nine yards and it still works. But I see the same thing as Jeff64, the CASE message isnt showing at the start.
Other than that I can deal with it. ;D

Kinda lost as to why it works out of KNPA but not KCLE. I do have Aerosoft Cleveland installed if that matters. Maybe the carrier has to be in an ocean versus a pond in someones backyard.  Anyways no big deal there, I'll be more than happy to do my traps out of Pensacola.

Thx so much for the work youre doing with vLSO. It rocks!!!

THX Again,

Mark

theoklahomaaviator

« Reply #565 on: January 08, 2013, 01:27:27 am »
After a long hiatus of no vLSO, 0.6.4.1 is now working for me.  I'll keep you posted if anything changes.  Thank you very very much!  FANTASTIC piece of software!
Vr,
Adam

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #566 on: January 08, 2013, 06:44:15 am »
One little thing : I don't have anymore the first label indicating CASE 1, BRC blabla...
But in flight, i have all the labels (paddle contact, call the ball, 205 xx, roger ball, etc.)

As I mentioned before, no CASE info means that vLSO's weather request remained unanswered by FSX. Why is that I have no idea... But we will find a solution to this problem, be sure  ;)

Thanks to all for their patience!

Kenan

« Reply #567 on: January 09, 2013, 04:03:48 am »
After extensive testing I realized vLSO gives out "Wave Off" in situation when it really shouldn't ie. I make a steady approach (on the glideslope) and also inside the energy carret specs..I slide down the runway and at the very moment when I'm about to have a touchdown, due to the velocity vector going UNDER the glideslope, vLSO immediatelly calls out "Wave Off" and in the logbook, it grades me a CutPass..

I think this is wrong. I saw some RL Youtube videos and the Flight Path Marker always goes under the glideslope on the very topuchdown (which is to be expected afterall).

However, the vLSO is very sensitive to this situation and even if it was a schoolbook landing if prior touchdown FPM goes under the glideslope (in the situation pilot can't wave off anymore), it still calls out a WO..

Has anyone noticed this as well?

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #568 on: January 09, 2013, 04:33:08 am »
I guess 'fsxnp' will say more - this is one note I have about the vLSO: "FSX vLSO grades the approach on FLOLS (not ‘ILS needles’)". HTH.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #569 on: January 09, 2013, 07:37:24 am »
Sure I will  ;)

Let me show this (stolen from VRS):

As you can see, the ILS beam source is located aft of the center of the model, whereas the Optical Landing System's (FLOLS) focal point is located afore. This means that the glideslope, represented by the HUD ILS needles, lies below the optical glideslope. This also means that the closer you get to the ramp, the larger deviation from the optimum GS you have. That's why vLSO way you off when you're about to land, still flying needles. After you have called the ball, fly the ball, not ILS.  :)