Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814772 times)

taff pilot

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #540 on: December 26, 2012, 09:42:51 pm »
hello
I had a few problems with this , I followed the instructions to the letter and useing the aproved ships and aircraft , firstly adding the wording to auto load with FSX in EXE.xml caused my AI ships control/ select in fsx to disapear , when i removed this , it returned top normal , i used the shortcut sugestion which worked , the program worked as it should for one session , however when I restarted it later ,it refused to work no matter what I tried ??, i again tried to place the wording in the EXE.xml , but no difference and agin the drop down menu for AI ships dissapeard , however this time upon removing it , the AI ships menu has not returned !!!.
any suggestions
fsx acceleration , windows 7 64bit

theoklahomaaviator

« Reply #541 on: December 29, 2012, 02:22:38 am »
06.3.7 refuses to work for me either on FSX Accell under Win7 64-bit.  I've tried everything I could think of to no avail.  Removing any second party addons, run as admin, shows connected to SimConnect and FSX in the GUI, but nothing in the sim indicates vLSO is recognizing my position around the boat. No green messages in screen, no callouts, no Greenie Board results... nothing.  Any ideas? I'd really like to get my LSO back from leave :)
vr,
Adam

jeff64

« Reply #542 on: January 01, 2013, 05:32:57 pm »
Hello Everybody.

Installed FSX + TacPack + vLSO on my computer and I got the following problem.

First : The vLSO window is very small.
Second : I appear a little high on the graph, even if I am well below the glideslope (see the comms).

Using Windows7 64bit.

Any idea ?

Thank you for your ideas.

Orion

« Reply #543 on: January 01, 2013, 07:25:15 pm »
High DPI strikes again?

Kenan

« Reply #544 on: January 02, 2013, 02:29:12 pm »
06.3.7 refuses to work for me either on FSX Accell under Win7 64-bit.  I've tried everything I could think of to no avail.  Removing any second party addons, run as admin, shows connected to SimConnect and FSX in the GUI, but nothing in the sim indicates vLSO is recognizing my position around the boat. No green messages in screen, no callouts, no Greenie Board results... nothing.  Any ideas? I'd really like to get my LSO back from leave :)
vr,
Adam

I registered here for I have the exact same problem as the poster above. My vLSO is completely dead in FSX. Would apreaciate if there's some kinda of a solution for this. Using VRS + TacPack.

taff pilot

« Reply #545 on: January 03, 2013, 05:04:56 pm »
the support is very poor , few people here would like some help , but not even a "hang on we'll get to you " very disapointing
 :-\

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #546 on: January 03, 2013, 05:26:34 pm »
Hi Taff pilot

Serge is a good guy and always goes out of his way to help people ... due to the fact that it is his program
I am guessing that only he would be able to assist you. Unfortunately it is still vacation time for some people
at this time of the year and he is probably away or spending some time with his family. Please remember that this is
a free program and support service that he is providing. Im sure he will get to you as soon as he can. I had to speak up
on his behalf cos he has helped me a couple of times before and I have nothing but respect for the guy.

Peace out

"Sonofa"
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #547 on: January 03, 2013, 05:33:41 pm »
the support is very poor , few people here would like some help , but not even a "hang on we'll get to you " very disapointing  :-\

Please remind that the F/A-18 area of this forum is NOT something that is supposed to be supported by FSDT, other than the fact that we pay for the web space and maintenance, and allowing free access to anyone.

The original reason for having this board here, was to better explain how to use the F/A-18 included in the Acceleration pack, which was made by us in 2007 and included by Microsoft in their product. Since the airplane was considerably more complex than the usual "default" MS airplane, and the documentation was very sparse, we opened this forum as a way to help people knowing how to use it.

Along the years, the forum has evolved to be a meeting place of users and developers of modifications and additions to the F/A-18, and this thread is an example of that: another forum user has graciously decided to offer an addon for FREE to the community, and discuss and support it using this board, which is convenient, since many users of the default F/A-18 included in the Acceleration pack are accustomed to gather here.

This just to clear up the fact that for THIS specific area of the forum, you shouldn't expect to be supported directly by FSDT and the level (or the eventual lack of it) is not an indication of the support level of the rest of the forum, which deals in the FSDT commercial offerings.

So, basically, threat this forum sub-section, as a "freeware island" inside a commercial developer site, but don't expect much support from us, other than keep the forum running.

taff pilot

« Reply #548 on: January 03, 2013, 07:29:34 pm »
message recived and understood , and I aleays respect people in the fs comunity who give up there time and effort to help others
peace all

SUBS17

« Reply #549 on: January 04, 2013, 08:14:22 pm »
Any chance for vLSO to support the F35C by Dino FSXNAVYPILOT?

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #550 on: January 05, 2013, 01:55:26 pm »
...auto load with FSX in EXE.xml caused my AI ships control/ select in fsx to disapear...

Second : I appear a little high on the graph, even if I am well below the glideslope (see the comms).

Using Windows7 64bit.

My vLSO is completely dead in FSX. Would apreaciate if there's some kinda of a solution for this. Using VRS + TacPack.

Guys, I have neither Win7 nor TacPack installed on my computer so I can't reproduce your situation and try to sort things out. My only suggestion would be try to run vLSO w/o TacPack active?
Anyway, I've found a bug in my code, which reported by jeff64. A new corrected beta 0.6.4 is here (just an .exe file to replace).

Yes, I will add the F35C support.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:14:46 pm by fsxnavypilot »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

jeff64

« Reply #551 on: January 05, 2013, 06:51:19 pm »
hello and thank you for your support.

Just reinstalled an older version (0.3b) and it works fine.

I'll try your suggestion and keep you posted.

thank you

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #552 on: January 05, 2013, 08:07:26 pm »
'fsxnp' thanks for update and support for F-35C however your URL above does not work for me using IE 10 in Win 8 64bits with an Error report from Apache:

HTTP Status 500 -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
type Exception report
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.32 logs.

Have used FireFox 17.0.1 in Win 8 64bits now with the same URL and it worketh good! :D I dunno. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:17:52 pm by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

theoklahomaaviator

« Reply #553 on: January 06, 2013, 06:20:06 am »
...auto load with FSX in EXE.xml caused my AI ships control/ select in fsx to disapear...

Using Windows7 64bit.

My vLSO is completely dead in FSX. Would apreaciate if there's some kinda of a solution for this. Using VRS + TacPack.

Guys, I have neither Win7 nor TacPack installed on my computer so I can't reproduce your situation and try to sort things out. My only suggestion would be try to run vLSO w/o TacPack active?
Anyway, I've found a bug in my code, which reported by jeff64. A new corrected beta 0.6.4 is here http://www.4shared.com/zip/KPUOu_6e/vLSO_0640.html (just an .exe file to replace).

Yes, I will add the F35C support.

I just wanted to report that v 0.2b that I had thankfully saved back still works perfectly, but I can't get even your latest 0.640 to do anything other than show green connected to FSX and SimConnect in the GUI.  Remember still running Win7 64-Bit with TACPAC spawned carriers and the Rhino here.  Works fine as I said with 0.2b.  So is there anything that you can think of that has changed from 0.2 to 0.640 that would cause it to stop working?  Seems that vLSO isn't recognizing my approach to the carrier.  I'm spawning it 10nm ahead of me at 25knts on my current heading near Oceana NAS.  All gear and hook down and locked by 5nm.  Let me know if there is anything I can try.  Feel free to PM me if necessary and I'll work with you any way I can.  Thank you!
Vr,
Adam

jeff64

« Reply #554 on: January 06, 2013, 10:54:29 am »
Hello,

Tried the 0.6.4b yesterday. Worked perfectly.

But, when putting back the 0.6.3.7b, it worked too (still the graph problem, but speaking only of FSX in game sequence).

So all the evening, I played, but, without restarting FSX.

This morning, I tried to relaunch FSX and vLSO, and no way to get it working.
I deleted completely vLSO, reinstalled (unzipped), etc, and no way to get labels (CASE 1 in effect, etc.), audio, debrief, etc.