Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814490 times)

tgycgijoes

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #525 on: November 18, 2012, 03:03:21 am »
I have been trying to download the latest version to have all "the bells and whistles" you have added since version one.  I was able to download the first version from gamestop using the link on page one but the last link to gamestop takes you to a new gamestop and can't find the file.  Any help please?  Also the cloud file wants money from Paypal even for the free trial.  Mediafire is free and a lot more friendly.  Can you upload the latest version to mediafire please? BTW can you configure a Hawkeye and an A6?

Richard E2A Hawkeye VAW124 CVW9
CVA-66
1967-1970
NAS Glenview
1971-1992

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #526 on: November 18, 2012, 05:25:43 am »
The first page of this long thread is updated with the latest vLSO.zip file and whatever has been updated. Go to page 1 top of page to find a link to this file:

"0.6.3.7b
•New version numbering scheme
•Some little improvements"

Best to go to first page to read all the information there about incompatibilities and whatnot:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4915.0

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21688080/vLSO.zip  (16Mb) Just tested and it works OK for me.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

syn

« Reply #527 on: December 01, 2012, 09:06:43 pm »
The download link for the last build is not working.

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #528 on: December 02, 2012, 12:40:02 am »
IF the URL for download above:

vLSO Beta 0.6.3.7 is here http://www.gamefront.com/files/21688080/vLSO.zip

is used then you can download it and I have just done so again just now - today.

File Name:vLSO.zip
File Size:15.73 MB
Date Added:05-12-2012
Download Last 2 Week:88

vLSO VERSION 6.3.7 beta

Try an alternate browser or download method or switch off something that is preventing your download?
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

syn

« Reply #529 on: December 05, 2012, 12:46:01 pm »
Found the answer. Gamefront recently banned literally half of the world (see http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=573716)... Any chance for an alternative download site?

GOONIE

« Reply #530 on: December 05, 2012, 03:50:52 pm »
Hi Serge,
Lately I have been having some problems with vLSO and FSX. The issue happens after I manually call the ball, and now with the auto ball call, FSX turns into a slide show. Basically goes from 30 fps to 5 fps and I have to close FSX. When I close FSX, I see that vLSO GUI is completely greyed out (grey square) with a warning saying vLSO had to close due to error. 

This doesn't happen every flight, but it is happening more an more. maybe 50% of the time. Any thoughts? Can I send you anything to investigate?

Thanks

GOONIE
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #531 on: December 06, 2012, 03:38:13 am »
Found the answer. Gamefront recently banned literally half of the world (see http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=573716)... Any chance for an alternative download site?
I have moved my file from gamefront to other locations. See the first message on this topic.
From now on gamefront is in my blacklist  >:(
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #532 on: December 06, 2012, 04:42:25 am »
Lately I have been having some problems with vLSO and FSX. The issue happens after I manually call the ball, and now with the auto ball call, FSX turns into a slide show. Basically goes from 30 fps to 5 fps and I have to close FSX. When I close FSX, I see that vLSO GUI is completely greyed out (grey square) with a warning saying vLSO had to close due to error. 

This doesn't happen every flight, but it is happening more an more. maybe 50% of the time. Any thoughts? Can I send you anything to investigate?
Brennan, that puzzles me a lot... I guess this FSX slideshow could probably be caused by some SimConnect inconsistencies. For example, when you close FSX, vLSO still waits for SimConnect notifications, but receives nothing from nowhere and thus 'hangs' (its main window doesn't repaint - gray square - because the program stuck, still waiting for responce from already dead SimConnect). I'd suggest to reinstall FSX...

dave76

« Reply #533 on: December 07, 2012, 12:31:30 am »
hallo navy pilot, i still cannot get my vlso working and when i launch it i get a window range check error message...i still have 6 3 7 beta.....pls what can i do????   i really miss it while trap!!! thanks again :)

error    access violation at address001074850 in module simconnect.dll.write of address 00000010

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:03:13 pm by dave76 »

GOONIE

« Reply #534 on: December 13, 2012, 04:43:39 pm »
Serge,
To add additional sound files to the vLSO (add more variety), can I make new .wav file that is sequentially higher than the last wav file in the sound folder (e.g. ballcall8.wav)? Or do I need to replace one of the current wav files using current naming scheme?

Thanks,
GOONIE

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #535 on: December 14, 2012, 03:14:48 am »
Yes, you can add your own files, following the naming scheme, or replace an existing one. The more files with similar names (e.g. BallCall*.wav) the more variety in calls. You are not obliged to number your files sequentially (see the sound folder - many sample files do not have 'number ones'), so both BallCall8.wav and BallCall18.wav will do  :)

Herbie

« Reply #536 on: December 14, 2012, 06:27:20 am »
Serge,
To add additional sound files to the vLSO (add more variety), can I make new .wav file that is sequentially higher than the last wav file in the sound folder (e.g. ballcall8.wav)? Or do I need to replace one of the current wav files using current naming scheme?

Thanks,
GOONIE
What happen to your Slide show? Adding more sound help it? Herb

Edit: Nice to hear what fixed the problem. Herb
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 04:45:58 am by Herbie »

GOONIE

« Reply #537 on: December 15, 2012, 02:28:03 am »
Thanks, Serge. I'll give it a try.

Herbie, yes I was tweaking some sound files and after I reinstalled the vLSO sounds I haven't had any issues or slide show.

GOONIE

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #538 on: December 15, 2012, 10:13:29 am »
Brennan,
what kind of wav files are your tweaked sounds? SDK notes that Flight Simulator can load most PCM .wav formats, as well as compressed formats. When a compressed format is used, Flight Simulator uses Audio Compression Manager (ACM), an audio compression module included in Windows to load the file. If you include compressed files, make sure that they are in a format supported (by default) by Windows such as ADPCM.

FYI. My vLSO sound samples are all PCM 16 bit wave files, both mono and stereo, sample rate 11-22-44 KHz.

GOONIE

« Reply #539 on: December 15, 2012, 04:11:51 pm »
Thanks, Serge

I wasn't doing anything too crazy, just adding some sound files and editing some of your originals. I remembered the old pilot saying, when something goes wrong, undo the last thing you changed. Seems to have worked.

One thing I am still having issues with is the Bolter call, sometimes I Bolter, but get no call from vLSO, other times it works, probably 50% of the time it works. Anyway to tighten up the tolerances? vLSO realizes you didn't catch a wire, leaves wire value blank in the score sheet, could that be an indication to vLSO to make the Bolter audio call in FSX if the hook is down? Basically if hook is down, and if no wire recorded by vLSO, and if weight on wheels, then Bolter call is made?

Goonie