Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 820528 times)

Herbie

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #510 on: September 24, 2012, 01:43:17 am »
I will try, but at the moment I do have texture tearing. I use Fraps as an external Frame-counter for testing..
How about No Locus Entries? Herb----------------

Hello Spaz!
 I made a movie and Upload it to my Youtube, but it will take 2 Hrs for the download. I will link it in here later on. Herb

[Locus]
Range.1 = 5600, 2500, 1.3, 1.3, -1.6, -1.6
Range.2 = 2500, 2200, 1.3, 1.3, -1.6, -1.6
Range.3 = 2200, 2000, 1.3, 0.8, -1.6, -0.8
Range.4 = 2000, 1600, 0.8, 0.45, -0.8, -0.45
Range.5 = 1600, 1300, 0.45, 0.45, -0.45, -0.45

2200' and beyond, it will wave off concurrent with the Javier waveoff lights. HI, LO
2200' to 1600', it will wave off any excursion greater than 2 balls. HI, LO
1600' and closer, it will waveoff for any excursion greater than 1 ball. (HI), (LO)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:24:49 am by Herbie »

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #511 on: September 24, 2012, 02:53:27 am »
I'll be patient for the video. :D I have no idea about 'no locus' whatsit.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Herbie

« Reply #512 on: September 24, 2012, 05:24:16 am »

OK, here it is Made a wire #3. Herb

SpazSinbad

• A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #513 on: September 24, 2012, 09:00:34 am »
Herbie, Thanks for going to the trouble to make the movie. I'm guessing (from your PM but worthwhile noting here) that the .AVI made by FRAPS was very large hence long upload time. Youtube will crunch down the file dramatically and reduce the quality equally so you may as well put the .AVI through Windows Movie Maker and upload the quality .WMV result. I've been away from computer so a delayed reply also.

From the video I see you start below the glidepath. Here I have been looking only at the IFLOLS gauge and look at it only during the approach. I'll assume you are looking at the same thing. Mostly you are on Optimum Angle of Attack which is good.

Also I do not have sound on this computer so I can easily ignore whatever is said by LSO.  ;D  You ignore wave off signal and continue which is not good but for FSX and the demonstration then so be it.

The approach is flat meaning you start low then because there is minimal descent rate you gradually fly up through the glideslope to end up HIGH when the wave off is given. You keep flying the approach by I guess reducing power - I can see the nose drop also - so that eventually by 'deck spotting' I will guess you catch a wire - coming down quickly to do so.

Best to start from a circuit if possible so that your actual approach start is close to ideal and from then on only small corrections needed to stay on glideslope etc. If you want to continue to practice long straight in approaches then you need to get on glideslope very quickly and stay there.

The meatball in the IFLOLS gauge in your approach shows the meatball coming out of the depths to go out of the top almost (start low to go high through not enough descent rate when the meatball close to the middle). Carrier pilots cannot 'deck spot' (look at the deck to judge how to land). They can only use the IFLOLS and stay on the parameters of 'meatball (in the middle) - lineup (correct) and airspeed (optimum angle of attack). Nothing else will do.

Perhaps practicing FCLP circuits at dusk or late afternoon will help you make better carrier circuits? You can set up at start point (start a flight) at some distance from the carrier close to or on glideslope for a straight in approach but better to master the day carrier circuit via FCLP dusk circuit at least (low light to see lights better but not totally black as in an actual FCLP night circuit [Mission 5]). The idea behind FCLP at night is to reduce any distractions and pilot tendency to 'deck spot'. All the pilot can do is follow the meatball. Yes it is difficult but so is carrier landing if not practiced a lot via FCLP and at the carrier.

I would say that in FSX if one can make a good approach in FCLP Mission 5 - you can do anything.  ;D

GOONIE

« Reply #514 on: September 24, 2012, 07:39:53 pm »
Hey Herbie, maybe you are having this realworld problem "ACLS Is Dropping Me Off Low!!!"  ::)

http://www.hrana.org/documents/PaddlesMonthlySeptember2012.pdf
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

WC_Tweety

« Reply #515 on: September 27, 2012, 07:51:46 pm »
I would like to give this vLSO a try, but all the links I find in here for it (from gamefront.com) are dead; the file no longer exists.  Would someone please post a working link to the current version complete with documentation?  Thanks

SpazSinbad

« Reply #516 on: September 27, 2012, 08:48:49 pm »
First entry on this thread [top of first page] (first part only repeated here) has the latest downloadable vLSO:

"The Beta 0.6.3.7 is here http://www.gamefront.com/files/21688080/vLSO.zip

To install the program unzip this archive (keeping its internal folder structure) to a temp folder and read the manual...."

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #517 on: September 28, 2012, 08:20:41 pm »
Serge...

Sorry that I've been "offline" on the vLSO testing as of late, but just had some really good developments with the implementation of JIMIs (and Roy Holmes/FSDeveloper.com) PA mode auto-trim XML. In short, I just got my head fully wrapped around it and now it will damn near NOT lose 8.1 AoA, even during 30deg AoB turns the pattern. The big stickler is getting it there without alot of "notching" when you get into PA mode, but once you do, it locks in. This also has big implications as far as holding 1.0 G in level flight and most of JIMIs other XMLs as well.

All that being said, I will definately ramp up my vLSO testing alongside Pitch AutoTrim.XML testing to see how the two will work hand-in-hand.

Later
Sludge

SandPro

• FSXCarrierOps
« Reply #518 on: October 25, 2012, 02:28:48 pm »
In case we missed Robertorizzo's post in September.... would like to see if it is possible to add the new CV65 Enterprise to the vLSO carrier list... looks like it may have similar specs.

GOONIE

« Reply #519 on: November 13, 2012, 03:28:04 pm »
Serge, long time brother. Any updates for the vLSO (FCLP, Tanker, etc)?  :'(

-GOONIE

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #520 on: November 14, 2012, 05:34:26 am »
Yeah, long long time...  :) Currently I'm working on FCLP support, but not sure about dates, sorry.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

GOONIE

« Reply #521 on: November 14, 2012, 03:58:16 pm »
Thanks for the update Serge, was worried you got snatched up by some commercial venture.  ;)

Looking forward to any updates or new releases of the vLSO, as always great work!

-GOONIE

dave76

« Reply #522 on: November 16, 2012, 10:06:12 pm »
guys any idea why vlso icon on desktop is green and it doesn't work ???? sim connect and flight simulator x on the screen are green, but seems it doesn't pick up the aircraft when i fly carrier pattern, i hear no vlso also in nugg or fleet mode with no zip lip and it does not appear any grade on the board...thanks

i have version 0.6.3.7. beta and vrs tacpack installed
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 10:37:34 pm by dave76 »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #523 on: November 17, 2012, 12:04:19 pm »
Dave,
Basically, there are two reasons - either you forgot to lower landing gear or your aircrafts is uknown to the program.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

dave76

« Reply #524 on: November 17, 2012, 04:07:01 pm »
Dave,
Basically, there are two reasons - either you forgot to lower landing gear or your aircrafts is uknown to the program.

ehm, gear was down and i fly vrs superbug......how can i fix it????? thanks man :) :) :) :) :) :)