Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 818463 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #495 on: August 06, 2012, 08:03:56 pm »
FSAFranek...

We didn't make new ones but just used the TEXAN (no offence) sounding ones from the Acceleration missions.

Thats funny, I dont care who you are...

the right "radio voice" to make our own.

right "radio voice"= DJ voice

Later
Sludge

SUBS17

« Reply #496 on: August 10, 2012, 02:15:43 am »
Lol was that your voice Sludge. ;D

fsafranek

• Mirage Aircraft for Flight Simulator
« Reply #497 on: August 10, 2012, 06:48:34 am »
Lol was that your voice Sludge. ;D
If it was someone here's voice how about a new set with no reference to an aircraft number? 
These are the English equivalents to the French messages that Sylvain Parouty included in his RFN_Tacan gauge package.

Wire1_msg="Wire number 1!"
Wire2_msg="Wire number 2!"
Wire3_msg="Wire number 3!"
Wire4_msg="Wire number 4!"
TooHigh_msg="Too high!"
TooLow_msg="Too low!"
LineUp_msg="Line up!"  // no left or right call
CallBall_msg="Call the ball!"
WaveOff_msg="Wave Off! Wave Off!"

---
Frank Safranek

skimmer

« Reply #498 on: August 19, 2012, 07:47:11 pm »
What does this mean= Don't forget to uncomment this parameter ? I have dwnloaded vSLO from the first page of this post on 08/13/12 and Ive read and read but I cant get the manual ball to define(work). I did what instructions said but the problem is most likely the uncomment part. This is how the config file looked like when I dwnloaded it=

[Manual]
ManualBall=0
;ManualBallKey=TOGGLE_WATER_RUDDER

I have even deleted the TOGGLE_WATER_RUDDER part and copyed it from event IDs table and placed it where you see it. I just have a hard time understanding it :)
All else I get. Now the config file is the same as ini file ,right?  ??? I have Windows 7,64 bit and FSX and AI Carriers2.

Thankyou
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:32:43 pm by skimmer »

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #499 on: August 19, 2012, 08:58:34 pm »
I am thinking, it must be a typo.....but the square bracket should enclose manual, like so [Manual]

Otherwise, rest of config/ini file looks okay. "Un-commenting" actually means removing ";" before the ManualBallKey=....." command.  Un-commenting will make that command 'active', so you will have to press Shift+W (Toggle Water Rudder Key) to 'call the ball' yourself.

Try starting vLSO AFTER you are already in the sim. For some people this works too.
In my case, I have found, if the hook is down 'before' the break, the vLSO will more often than not..work correctly.

skimmer

« Reply #500 on: August 19, 2012, 09:40:41 pm »
The ] was included when I dwnlded it ,I must have missed it when I copyed it for this post ( I just put it back.) So I will now remove the ;  start FSX and start vLSO while sim is on.

Thank you Mickey

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #501 on: August 19, 2012, 09:49:34 pm »
The ].......So I will now remove the ;  start FSX and start vLSO while sim is on.....................

No. Please do not do that, just because I said so.

You must do that ONLY if you want to manually call the ball. Un-commenting the Key Command for manual ball call, will also (probably) require you to change the value from '0' to '1' in the previous line of the code.

Personally, I fly with 'auto ball call' and am quite happy with it.

As far as I'm concerned, the software mostly works for me. Sometimes it doesn't, but what the heck. It's still beta and FSXNP continues to refine it.

skimmer

« Reply #502 on: August 19, 2012, 09:51:33 pm »
Okay Mickey. That worked fine and it will also start when sim is off. ;D ;D ;D.  Thanks for the help and now its on to add the default F-18

Ooops ,dont have to its already on ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:10:16 am by skimmer »

Johan

« Reply #503 on: August 20, 2012, 12:42:09 am »

As far as I'm concerned, the software mostly works for me. Sometimes it doesn't, but what the heck. It's still beta and FSXNP continues to refine it.

Hi Mickey,

vLSO works for me too most of the time, unless I use it with Track IR. Are you using Track IR by any chance? I am looking for someone on the forum who uses successfully vLSO and Track IR together.
Thanks,

Johan

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #504 on: August 20, 2012, 08:12:47 am »
I am looking for someone on the forum who uses successfully vLSO and Track IR together.

Your looking stops here Johan. Ever since I got introduced to TrackIR a few years back, I have never flown my sim without it.

And both TIR5 & vLSO work together.

I haven't been careful to take notes, but I will stick my neck out and confirm that vLSO works for me about 95% when in single player with AI boats. I only have trouble in MP sessions (with AI boat or with drivable one).

Hope that helps!

Happy landings,

Mickey

robertorizzo

« Reply #505 on: August 22, 2012, 11:19:49 am »
Is there any way to have THIS vLSO working with big E besides Javier's and acceleration carriers?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:21:07 pm by robertorizzo »

CoolP

« Reply #506 on: August 24, 2012, 09:53:31 pm »
Thanks for your work on this nice program.  :)

dave76

« Reply #507 on: September 17, 2012, 08:59:12 pm »
hallo everybody, :D :D :D
first of all just want to say hallo and that i really appreciate vlso, since its first release.....
now i have a problem.....i have installed last version of vlso. but i cannot get it working....i have LSO voice while i trap but the program is connected to fsx (green ).
i have a normal installation with VLSO installed in C:/ PROGRAMS/ VLSO.....and it always worked fine with previous installations.
also, i had assigned the manual ball key , but it doesn't work...what can i do to fix it?????? thanks a lot :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:21:11 pm by dave76 »

Herbie

« Reply #508 on: September 23, 2012, 11:21:53 pm »
Hello All!
I will use this Tread to find out "what do I wrong". I'm just fraction of a second before getting a wave-up and flashing red light, but I land on Deck wire #1. See Screenshot. If I go lower, I'm below the deck  ???...BDW, I have No Locus Range entry in my vLSO INI-file. Herb
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:31:59 pm by Herbie »

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #509 on: September 24, 2012, 01:26:34 am »
Herbie, Could you describe an approach in reference to that screenshot (or a new one) please. In the screenshot (according to the IFLOLs) you are too high and would be waved off for that. I'm not sure if you then continue to land. Anyway a longer description will help. Of course if you can make a movie that would be terrific. Thanks.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)