Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814484 times)

Doum76

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #480 on: August 01, 2012, 07:16:00 pm »
Nah no Ok 3 underlined so far with Case III :P

humm hold on a sec, i just thought about something, my first tries were night and dusk time, and i decided to made them day time with bad weather, in day time would be easier for a movie since it's brighter, and just realised the green line on my daytime CASE III stated Case I.... didn't seen that before, so it detect night time for a Case III, but even if daytime, with less than 1 mile visibility it.s still state Case I.... gonna try this out, same weather but make it night time.

Here's a little vid i made, showing, Dawn, Day, Dusk and Night and ending with anotehr Day with visibility down to 1/2 mile.... Is there anyway way we can make the calls even in day time, or is it entirely part of the application?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:08:31 am by Doum76 »

Doum76

« Reply #481 on: August 01, 2012, 10:10:19 pm »
Humm,

Well i'Ve tried to install the latest version found a few post up, the 0.6.4.0 as i was reading the thread.. and now odds stuff occurs, i always get No Grades and same comments, very high from the start up to the ramp.... i replaced the .exe application, deleted the log book... did a few tries and always get the same, No grade etc... so i decided to delete my folder, re-install the first version from the upper post in this thread, so i use the default files, then updated the exe with the lastest mentionned up here... and now, no matter what, i get wave off calls, ending up in cut-offs with the same comments. Always very high... As you can see in this vid, i might not have been on ball all the time, but i wasn't for sure Very High. :) Ok i landed a bit hard.... bit still, not enough to damage the LSO's helmet with the shockwave so he can miss interpret my landing!  ;D Am i the only one with a prob. with this version? Is it normal the Glideslope states 3,99 deg  in the debrief?

MikeB54

« Reply #482 on: August 02, 2012, 03:50:23 am »
If it makes you feel any better, I'm getting the same thing.  The grades say very high even though the graph shows me low.

Mike

Doum76

« Reply #483 on: August 02, 2012, 03:22:07 pm »
Are you flying perfect OK 3 approaches? :P

Well, i decided to re-install the 0.6.3.7 versions which gives me proper comments and grades... and as i remade my so wanna-be Case III approach i got my first OK 3 underline with a Case III Approach. :P Nothing so special but glad of it. :) Ok, ok it wasn't that perfect, was a bit hard on the trap and was a little low at the ramp. but still, i haven't smashed into the tower.  ::)

neptune07

« Reply #484 on: August 02, 2012, 11:18:11 pm »
I have version 0.6.3.7, and it seems to work fine (windows 7 - 64 bit). My problem is that it only works with Javier's Nimitz, but not my new SDB USS Enterprise. The new Enterprise is totally acceleration compatible (uses the same cables and cat system). What needs to be done so that vLSO will recognise this new carrier?

Bill

JamesChams

« Reply #485 on: August 03, 2012, 06:48:52 am »
Mr. "fsxnavypilot,"
I am still having issues with the MDL Parent window (i.e. resizing) and the panes NOT resizing together correctly

Well, here's my latest 0.6.4 update http://www.gamefront.com/files/22054052/vLSO_64.zip. Now the window's width and height are set explicitly and should not exceed predefined limits (1187x701). I have no idea how this could happen, but on your system the program counts its window's sizes much larger than they should be, that's why you see those strange pictures. Hope this update will work fine...

Thank you, I will test it shortly and get back to you. :)

To everyone that's asked this question,
....The new Enterprise is totally acceleration compatible (uses the same cables and cat system). What needs to be done so that vLSO will recognise this new carrier?

I take it that none of you'll have seen this in their manual???  ::)
(Please see attached)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 06:52:44 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

skimmer

« Reply #486 on: August 03, 2012, 10:12:18 pm »
Doum76, I was woundering how you get the approch to ship voice . Such as 5 miles and call the ball . I know they are from ship atc but do I need to purchase VRS F-18 ?    Nice video by the way. :)

Doum76

« Reply #487 on: August 03, 2012, 11:17:28 pm »
Skimmer,

Thanks for the comments, and humm well how can i answer your question.... i give you a hint for the voices..it starts with vLSO and finishes with, the application/add-on mentioned in this thread. ;) You get the voice calls starting when you're around 10,7 miles back of the carrier, starting a Case III Approach. (in this case, no matter what the weather is, i was only able to get it at night and dusk) but the other voices you get them doing normal pattern also (Abeam call, ball call and roger ball). Try it out, it's a brilliant little app helped me out a lot to fix my miss-aligenements ;p

To know with what airplanes it works and carrier, read the vLSO readme/manuel .pdf for more details, but no, you don't necessary need the VRS, it also works with the default Acceleration Hornet.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:22:34 pm by Doum76 »

skimmer

« Reply #488 on: August 04, 2012, 06:32:08 am »
Man I wish I wasnt so darn slow somtimes . :-[ Now I gotta go by your hint to answer my ? I will read some more on this post and if I get the answer I will buy you a cold one! ;D   

vLSO             Hmmmm ::)

Jymp

« Reply #489 on: August 04, 2012, 02:04:22 pm »
In trying to figure out the connection issues I've had, just noticed to get vLSO to connect everytime and run perfectly I start FSX and set everything up, aircraft (Sludge Hornet, Dino's T-45 or Tomcat, I don't have the VRS SH) location, time date, start AI Carriers, set up the Nimitz configuration and location, ESC out of FSX, start vLSO, go back into FSX, I will then get the green Case I or III bar at the top of my screen depending on the time of day, then vLSO will work perfectly, at least for me, hope this helps, just passing along info for development.

Doum76

« Reply #490 on: August 04, 2012, 02:17:07 pm »
Man I wish I wasnt so darn slow somtimes . :-[ Now I gotta go by your hint to answer my ? I will read some more on this post and if I get the answer I will buy you a cold one! ;D   

vLSO             Hmmmm ::)

;) You're on the right path i gotta admit that.  :D

Doum76

« Reply #491 on: August 04, 2012, 02:24:03 pm »
In trying to figure out the connection issues I've had, just noticed to get vLSO to connect everytime and run perfectly I start FSX and set everything up, aircraft (Sludge Hornet, Dino's T-45 or Tomcat, I don't have the VRS SH) location, time date, start AI Carriers, set up the Nimitz configuration and location, ESC out of FSX, start vLSO, go back into FSX, I will then get the green Case I or III bar at the top of my screen depending on the time of day, then vLSO will work perfectly, at least for me, hope this helps, just passing along info for development.

That's what i mainly was doing also, do all i had to do, once the carrier is down if using Ai Carrier, then i start vLSO, i mainly fly with window mode on. If i retart the flight, i don't take any chance i close vLSO agian, do all i have to do in all menus, then when ready to launch, take-off, i start vLSO, it somtimes seems to be a problem if, for exemple i get back in a menu like weather, then vLSO seems to loose connection, so as Jymp said, do all your stuff, setp-ups, once you'Re ready to take-off, start LSO. If you don't use window mode, when you wanna head back to desktop to start your vLSO, a trick that some might not know, instead of ALT-Tabing which sometimes freeezes as any many games, simply go on window mode, ALT-Enter, start your vLSO and re ALT-Enter when in FSX and ready to go.

skimmer

« Reply #492 on: August 05, 2012, 01:26:02 am »
Doum76. game over as my ? is answered on first page . Thanks for the fun. Now to dwnld and install. I am also getting the big E. :) :) ;D

Doum76

« Reply #493 on: August 05, 2012, 04:53:30 am »
Doum76. game over as my ? is answered on first page . Thanks for the fun. Now to dwnld and install. I am also getting the big E. :) :) ;D

Cool, and good choice, you'll have plent of fun with it, if you have any question let me know. :)

fsafranek

• Mirage Aircraft for Flight Simulator
« Reply #494 on: August 05, 2012, 08:54:20 pm »
....The new Enterprise is totally acceleration compatible (uses the same cables and cat system). What needs to be done so that vLSO will recognise this new carrier?

I take it that none of you'll have seen this in their manual???  ::)
(Please see attached)

The Audible LSO with the Team SDB Enterprise only "speaks" to you from the point of calling the ball to catching the wire or wave off.  The distances and parameters for the flight path adjustment calls from the LSO are at the top of the "carrier.xml" file placed in your Gauges folder during installation.  At the bottom of that same file are the assigned wav files for the LSO calls.  We didn't make new ones but just used the Texan (no offence) sounding ones from the Acceleration missions.  We didn't feel anyone on the team had the right "radio voice" to make our own.  But doing so is on my short list for any patch.  In the interim if someone feels like coming up with a list of new wav file assignments that could be called from another package it would be great to know and share.  But with the vLSO installed it probably isn't necessary.

---
Frank Safranek
Team SDB