Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814448 times)

Jymp

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #465 on: July 28, 2012, 07:32:18 pm »
Well tried it, didnt work of course, when I open my XML file with notepad, its all one continuous line across top of screen, when I try to edit with your XML file edits I get a line of the word "False" all across my screen in my XML file, another question, I have both Jimi08's FSXBA Hornet and the Sludge Hornet, could that maybe be a conflict ?, but it will not work with Dino's Tomcat or T45C so I don't know, is there anyone here that ever gets on Teamspeak ?, I think it would be a help, also I remember the few times I got it to work I had the realism settings to "Hard", I usually keep them on "Medium"

Jymp

« Reply #466 on: July 28, 2012, 10:23:29 pm »
Just took a look at the VRS forums, seems there quite a few folks there who have the same problem as I with vLSO, while its not good folks are having issues, at least I know it not just me

Jymp

« Reply #467 on: July 29, 2012, 12:09:18 am »
I put the vLSO folder in C, program files, put shortcut on my desktop and it works like a charm, go figure

JamesChams

« Reply #468 on: July 30, 2012, 02:36:59 am »
Mr. "Jymp,"
I put the vLSO folder in C, program files, put shortcut on my desktop and it works like a charm, go figure

You might have an *OLD unrelated issue* to do with a corrupt registry entry for FSX path within Windows which prevents app.'s working with FS to find FS directory structure from FS' exe.xml, dll.xml, scenery.cfg, fsx.cfg, etc....

Here is a tool that fixes that from Flight1's Main Page: http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library
DOWNLOAD HERE: FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB)

Enjoy! :)

Mr. "FSXNAVYPILOT,"

Thank you for the update(s); however, it did NOT quite work out as expected.  While re-trusting and restarting FSX before launching vLSO (under "auto log") did work, I am still having issues with the MDL Parent window (i.e. resizing) and the panes NOT resizing together correctly in either of these versions (both vLSO v0.6.4 - vLSO.exe & vLSO_1.exe).
[Please see attached]

Thanks! :)

EDIT: Attached vLSO LOG file bellow (at the bottom)!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:44:12 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Jymp

« Reply #469 on: July 30, 2012, 05:11:08 am »
Thanks James, reckon I will try it, cause vLSO isn't working again, uurrgghh.     EDIT : Just tried it, didn't work, anyone else have any ideas, well I guess it does say beta.   EDIT 2  This is strange, I just tried to run this program 10 times, everything the same all times, only 3 out of ten was I able to connect.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:10:37 pm by Jymp »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #470 on: July 30, 2012, 05:20:41 am »
I am still having issues with the MDL Parent window (i.e. resizing) and the panes NOT resizing together correctly

Well, here's my latest 0.6.4 update http://www.gamefront.com/files/22054052/vLSO_64.zip. Now the window's width and height are set explicitly and should not exceed predefined limits (1187x701). I have no idea how this could happen, but on your system the program counts its window's sizes much larger than they should be, that's why you see those strange pictures. Hope this update will work fine...
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Orion

« Reply #471 on: July 30, 2012, 07:13:07 am »
I have no idea how this could happen, but on your system the program counts its window's sizes much larger than they should be, that's why you see those strange pictures. Hope this update will work fine...

High DPI?

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #472 on: July 30, 2012, 01:13:00 pm »
Bingo! Orion, thank you for the heads-up. Here's the updated program http://www.gamefront.com/files/22055042/vLSO_64.zip, which now supports various screen resolutions, not just the default 96 dpi. It was successfully tested on 120 dpi and 72 dpi modes.

Tregarth

« Reply #473 on: July 30, 2012, 06:18:11 pm »
Dear FSXNP,

Is this download only for 64 bit Win 7 or will it work for 32 bit as well?

Also, will it work for El Centro in FCLP?

Thanks,

Tregarth

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #474 on: July 30, 2012, 08:25:10 pm »
Tregarth,
Is this download only for 64 bit Win 7 or will it work for 32 bit as well?

Also, will it work for El Centro in FCLP?
I do not plan to create a separate 64-bit version, so this program should work equally well on both 32 and 64 win versions, win7 or xp.
Currently there's no FCLP support, sorry... But it will be in future releases, be sure.  :)

GOONIE

« Reply #475 on: July 30, 2012, 08:37:25 pm »
But it will be in future releases, be sure.  :)

Awesome!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:11:52 pm by GOONIE »
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Jymp

« Reply #476 on: July 31, 2012, 01:28:23 pm »
In trying to help development from my experience with vLSO, heres what I've found :, I run vLSO, then start FSX, select one of the vLSO default planes ie: Sludge Hornet, Dino's Tomcat or T45C, set up location and time, click "Fly Now", select Javier's Nimitz, vLSO does not do anything, I end flight, then restart flight and vLSO connects everytime and works fine,  I see the green bar at top of screen saying Case I or III recovery, hope this helps.      Also fsxnavypilot, could you add jimi08's Hornet and maybe the Iris FSX Tomcat to the default list  ?, and will vLSO work with the new FSX Enterprise just released ?

Tregarth

« Reply #477 on: July 31, 2012, 06:43:49 pm »
But it will be in future releases, be sure.  :)

Awesome!

Can't wait!!

Tregarth

Doum76

« Reply #478 on: August 01, 2012, 06:52:13 pm »
Greetings,

I've got all working fine exept one thing, since i've been doing some Case III Approches, once in a while i get no sound/calls exept the 3/4miles and roger ball ones, once in a while i can get the Marshal CV-1 approach call and all the miles calls, paddles, 3/4 mile and roger ball, but some others all i get is the green line a 10 miles about the CASE III Recovery/Approach and no other voices/calls as i said until the 3/4 miles... is there any trigger or something?

Thanks,

Orion

« Reply #479 on: August 01, 2012, 06:56:37 pm »
Are you flying perfect OK 3 approaches? :P