Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 820472 times)

Jymp

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #450 on: July 25, 2012, 08:50:36 pm »
All I know is when I select Free Flight, the green circle turns grey, when I select anything else it will go back green, however the 3 times it worked I was in Free Flight, I'm completely baffled as to why it will not work now

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #451 on: July 25, 2012, 11:41:48 pm »
Jymp...

All I know is when I select Free Flight, the green circle turns grey, when I select anything else it will go back green, however the 3 times it worked I was in Free Flight, I'm completely baffled as to why it will not work now

Fair enough, was just trying to help with the troubleshooting and letting you know that most of the commonly-used aircraft are already included in the program itself.

Still puzzled about your button/functionality "grey out" problems. Hopefully, Serge is getting some traction figuring out what's happening? Anybody else have something similar?

Later
Sludge

Jymp

« Reply #452 on: July 26, 2012, 12:32:50 am »
Must have something to do with "Free Flight" Sludge, all looks good until I go there, then its grey only, thanks for trying to help.

Jymp

« Reply #453 on: July 26, 2012, 04:55:24 am »
Ok, bit of a development here, when I downloaded vLSO I extracted it to a new folder on my desktop, I've been trying to run the .exe from there, just for the heck of it I made a copy of the .exe and put it on the desktop, tried Jimi08's Hornet from Oceana out to the Nimitz, It works !, I hear all the LSO calls, get graded and everything, but....(You knew one was coming) when I try to change planes to Sludges Hornet or Dino's Tomcat, I don't hear anything but the plane flying, but the little green icon is green when vLSO is running.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #454 on: July 26, 2012, 05:50:22 am »
Ok guys,
Here's a special dev release 0.6.4, mostly for Jymp and JamesChams  http://www.gamefront.com/files/22036549/vLSO_64.zip
There are two exe files inside the zip, they are almost identical, but the vLSO_1.exe doesn't care about FSX master sound switch and its windows can't be resized.

Both support a new command line option log, which creates the vLSO_log.txt file in the program's folder. To activate this feature run vLSO.exe log command, or add this option to the vLSO shortcut.
Run the program and FSX, fly your airplane and close the program. Then you can open the vLSO_log.txt and see all the registered events.

Please try both versions to see any difference.

And finally, these are not compatible with previous 0.6.3.* versions, so you'll have to remove your Logbook.dat files first.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:20:45 am by fsxnavypilot »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Jymp

« Reply #455 on: July 26, 2012, 12:52:31 pm »
Just ran both, still no LSO sounds, in fact I now get several boxes with a red X, telling me "Cannot open file" "C\users\John\AppData\Local\Temp 7z0D374.tmp\Waveoff" the system cannot find the file specified", the other boxes say the same but instead of "Waveoff" it says "Call Ball", could this problem have anything to do with I have FSX Accel. on its own drive to itself ?, I have a "C" drive for everything, and a "E" drive for FSX Accel. only

Jymp

« Reply #456 on: July 27, 2012, 02:22:33 am »
Ok, thanks for the help guys, I'm going to have to delete this program, it ran good the 3 or 4 times it did work but I've tried most of the day but cannot get it to work anymore no matter what I try, thanks again.      EDIT :Wow, this is one hit and miss program, at least for me, I try one last time before deleting it and it works fine, I shut it and FSX down, restart both and cannot connect at all, uurrgghh
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:31:01 am by Jymp »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #457 on: July 27, 2012, 04:52:49 am »
Jymp,
Did you try the log option? I'd like to take a look at your vLSO_log.txt file....  :)

Jymp

« Reply #458 on: July 27, 2012, 05:05:03 am »
I tried that newer version you posted for James and me, couldn't get that to work at all, got a bunch of boxes with red X's on them, but if you walk me thru the .txt file idea I'll sure try it and send it to ya.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #459 on: July 27, 2012, 05:19:15 am »
Ok, the easiest way is to create a shortcut to the program, i.e. vLSO.exe, and set the option as explained in the manual, page 6 (just replace the auto option with log).
After you run the program, you'll have the vLSO_log.txt file in the program's folder. This is a plain text file and you can open it with any text editor, Notepad for example.

Jymp

« Reply #460 on: July 27, 2012, 10:31:54 am »
Ok, will try it

Jymp

« Reply #461 on: July 27, 2012, 12:52:38 pm »
I can't get it to connect to register any events, but here's my EXE.XML file as I found it without any changes, its a bit different from whats in the manual, should it say "vLSO", instead of "ai carriers"   ??, the "ai carriers" I believe is from Javiers Nimitz, also I have the extracted program in a folder on my desktop, then I have a shortcut of vLSO.exe on my desktop.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:03:51 pm by Jymp »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #462 on: July 28, 2012, 06:30:28 am »
Jymp,
Just add another section to your EXE.xml file, like this one (from my personal setup):

<Launch.Addon>
          <Name>vLSO</Name>
     <Disabled>False</Disabled>
     <Path>C:\vLSO\vLSO.exe</Path>
     <CommandLine>auto log</CommandLine>
   </Launch.Addon>

Note, that my copy of vLSO is kept in its own folder on the C: drive (it could well be any other drive or folder, whatever), this hepls to easily find it. I just hate keep things on the desktop...
So, your FSX should now launch both AICarriers and vLSO. Hope this helps  :)

Jymp

« Reply #463 on: July 28, 2012, 01:59:33 pm »
Thanks, gonna try this, one question, being my FSX is installed on its own drive by itself should I put vLSO in its own folder on that drive under FSX, or just put it on C drive with AI Carriers, or move both to the drive with FSX ?      Edit : Tried to copy and paste your file to mine but I cannot paste or add anything to my XML file, what am I doing wrong here ?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:12:43 pm by Jymp »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #464 on: July 28, 2012, 06:50:44 pm »
Ok,
First open your exe.xml in Notepad and paste the section from my previous post. Save it.
Then create the vLSO folder on the C: drive and follow the procedure described in the manual:
To install the program just unzip the downloaded archive, maintaining its internal folders
structure, to a folder of your choice. For example, we'll create a new folder at the root folder of
C: drive, name it vLSO and unzip the archive to this folder. You should have there these four
files and two subfolders – Sound and Sound\Marshal

In this case C:\vLSO is that folder of your choice  :)
Now your FSX should launch vLSO automatically.