Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 819063 times)

Jymp

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #435 on: July 23, 2012, 11:18:20 pm »
System specs are : Intel i7 950, Nvidia GTX285, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard, 6GB Mushkin memory, 750 W power supply, 2 Raptor HD's, FSX on it's own drive (E), Doesnt matter which way I try to start vLSO, before FSX or after, says its connected on the vLSO UI, but on the task bar near the Microsoft flag, it changes from green to gray as I change from plane to plane, or date, or location, hope this helps.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #436 on: July 24, 2012, 01:24:38 am »
Jymp...

System specs are : Intel i7 950, Nvidia GTX285, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard, 6GB Mushkin memory, 750 W power supply, 2 Raptor HD's, FSX on it's own drive (E), Doesnt matter which way I try to start vLSO, before FSX or after, says its connected on the vLSO UI, but on the task bar near the Microsoft flag, it changes from green to gray as I change from plane to plane, or date, or location, hope this helps.

Thanks. What WINDOWS are you using? Can you post screenshots of the vLSO screen AND the taskbar as the situation occurs?

Later
Sludge

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #437 on: July 24, 2012, 01:40:43 am »
'Jymp' I have not used vLSO etc. but looking at the specs I see that FSX is not on the system D: drive. I think this alone will introduce problems. Try installing FSX on D: drive if that is feasible? Always I allow FSX to install 'as advertised'. In the past attempting to install to another directory or drive has always caused problems of some kind. However 'your mileage may vary'. YMMV.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Jymp

« Reply #438 on: July 24, 2012, 01:44:12 am »
Windows 7 64 bit, hmmm, not sure how to post screensshots, all I know is whenever I click something in FSX, the little circle goes from green with a check mark to grey with a check mark, the vLSO UI however is still green as if I'm connected, the three times I did connect I had a green bar at the top of my FSX screen saying something about CVN68, it went away and then I heard LSO chatter as I was taking off from KNTU going to the boat

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #439 on: July 24, 2012, 05:51:02 am »
Jymp
Doesnt matter which way I try to start vLSO, before FSX or after, says its connected on the vLSO UI, but on the task bar near the Microsoft flag, it changes from green to gray as I change from plane to plane, or date, or location, hope this helps.
There's something wrong with your FSX installation, I guess. The vLSO taskbar icon changes from green to grey whenever you toggle FSX master sound switch (the Q key by default). I've never seen that FSX toggles master sound when changing planes, locations etc. If the icon is grey, vLSO mutes all its sounds and you can't hear any calls, but FSX and SimConnect indicators remain green, i.e. the program does work. Try pressing the Q key and see what happens.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Jymp

« Reply #440 on: July 24, 2012, 12:57:04 pm »
I'm sure the FSX install is fine, it finally runs very smooth, I'm going to re-install vLSO, see what happens then, I tried the "Q" key, no difference in vLSO, it did toggle the FSX sound as it should, I just think it strange when I first installed vLSO it worked fine, now nothing, and I didn't change a thing, except planes, location and time.

Jymp

« Reply #441 on: July 24, 2012, 01:07:17 pm »
Just re-installed, same thing, when I start vLSO I have a green icon next to the Windows flag, when FSX starts its still green, but when I change to a Hornet, Tomcat, Goshawk etc. it turns grey, however it still says I'm connected in the vLSO UI, but I can't be because I don't hear any vLSO sounds, all the other sounds are there.

ruprecht

« Reply #442 on: July 24, 2012, 02:50:04 pm »
[Don't know the NATOPS numbers off hand, but let's say you flew 7 approaches in the last 10 days, you would get a "day qual'd" indication on the vLSO, once 11 days pass, you would need to get requald or something, and the indications would change.

Yep that would be awesome.  NATOPS requal requirements vary according to how long it's been since you were last qualified, but that could definitely be extrapolated from the dates.  I suppose the FCLP requirement could be moved to a boat for sim purposes.  There could even be a leaderboard on the proposed greenie upload showing the drivers with the longest continuous period of qualification, draw attention to newly qualified nuggets, etc?

ruprecht

« Reply #443 on: July 24, 2012, 02:52:04 pm »
See pic below for an example

I note this pic doesn't have scrollbars on the vLSO window, so I must be doing something wrong on both my systems because I can't get rid of them.  Is it a font thing maybe?

Jymp

« Reply #444 on: July 25, 2012, 12:22:31 am »
Is there a certain procedure to starting vLSO ?, I can't understand why it ran fine the first three passes I used it but cannot connect since, I hate that because the times it worked it was outstanding, LSO calling distance etc., just as a real LSO., small update, just noticed I can click on "Missions", "Multiplayer" etc. the green icon will stay green, when I click on "Free Flight", it goes grey, don't know if this will help but thought I'd pass it along.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:45:11 am by Jymp »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #445 on: July 25, 2012, 04:47:46 am »
Jymp,
The program doesn't require any installation procedures, all you have to do is just run its executable.
What is really weird is that FSX toggles master sound as you go for free flight, change planes etc. The vLSO just receives SimConnect notifications on switching FSX sounds on/off and toggles its own sounds respectively. To inform the user it also changes its icon from green to grey and vice versa.
I have no idea why your FSX toggles sounds by itself... Perhaps there's something wrong with SimConnect part of the installation?.. Can you reinstall FSX and try again? As a guess, maybe there are lost clusters on your HDD or something?...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:50:32 am by fsxnavypilot »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

JamesChams

« Reply #446 on: July 25, 2012, 10:39:12 am »
Mr. "fsxnavypilot,"

A very lovely and useful addon - Bravo! 8)

... So, I decided to test it today for the first time with the new Blue Angles F/A-18 v12.3.1, Dino's T-45C v2.21, & VRS' SH and ran into a few minor issues that I wanted to bring to your attention.

I know its a work in progress (WIP), so I wanted to mention a couple of technical issues that hopefully you can resolve at some point, which are mainly functional to the interface and the sim.
1. I cannot adjust/extend the width or height parameters for the GUI; either in the vLSO.ini on the application parent window.  Even if the GUI is maximized it is unchanged and will NOT fill the screen. (Please see vLSO.png)
2. despite having the module code statements in exe.xml file and trusting it, it does NOT load along with the Sim; I have to manually launch it by double clicking th application (vLSO.exe) file.
Code: [Select]
<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>vLSO</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\vLSO\vLSO.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>auto</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>

That aside, I only had a few runs at it but found it quite enjoyable.  I will play around with more of its features soon.  keep up the good work and thanks for making this freely available. ;)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Jymp

« Reply #447 on: July 25, 2012, 12:54:40 pm »
Thanks for your help fsxnavypilot, very appreciated. I start vLSO, little icon is green, on the UI "Simconnect" is green, "On Screen Messages" is green, "Flight Simulator" is red, I start FSX and it goes directly to the default Trike Ultralight Friday Harbor default flight in "Free Flight", "Flight Simulator" in vLSO is now green, little icon is now grey, if I switch to "Home" "Missions" "Multiplayer" "Pilot Records" "Learning Center" or "Settings", icon will turn green again, so whatever the issue is it must have to do with "Free Flight".   Hope this helps.

Jymp

« Reply #448 on: July 25, 2012, 07:12:35 pm »
Just took a look at the .cfg in vLSO, the only plane there is a S-3 Viking, shouldn't there be a listing for a F18, F14, T45, F18E etc ?

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #449 on: July 25, 2012, 07:18:40 pm »
Jymp...

Just took a look at the .cfg in vLSO, the only plane there is a S-3 Viking, shouldn't there be a listing for a F18, F14, T45, F18E etc ?

In the MANUAL, there's a list of all the planes that are built as DEFAULT into the program. I'm at work, but I think its the default, the Sludge, the VRS, the T-45C, and maybe the F-14? You can look at the exact list in the manual that comes with it. The S-3 is an additional that also gives you a template/format so you can add your own aircraft as they come along.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 07:34:36 pm by Sludge »