Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 818097 times)

Letourn

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #420 on: June 03, 2012, 09:26:14 pm »
yes i verified That before posting. i tried them both but still have the same problem.

Johan

« Reply #421 on: June 26, 2012, 05:48:05 am »
For all the CarrierOps lovers, I recommend this great addon FSX2BMAP by Koji Tsubakimoto (available at simviation and flightsim), which let you see your AC Carrier traffic (and other ship traffic) on a separate screen. You can spot them 40 miles away...It is a really nice app, no FPS impact.

Johan

mangold

« Reply #422 on: July 17, 2012, 06:30:05 pm »
Guten Tag.
vLSO newbie here. Started with v0.6.3.7 beta. Excellent prog, thanks very much !!!
Sometimes vLSO is running perfectly, sometimes not.
Some of my data: Win7 64bit*FSX Gold*vLSO in C:\Program Files (x86)*Sound and Marshal files present*.ini file unchanged*SimConnect+Flight Sim X show always green*LSO level NUG selected*Ball Call auto*I fly VRS F-18 E v1.2.1.0 SE*Javiers AICarrier2*always free flight, no missions.

I often run freeware FSXGET http://fsxget.codeplex.com/ * FSXGET connects FSX via SimConnect like vLSO.
I observed FSXGET makes vLSO stopping to work. Even when I stop FSXGET vLSO does not recover. I must restart FSX without FSXGET to regain vLSO.
Also Javiers AICarriers, FSUIPC, VRS F-18 and FSX make use of SimConnect (correct me if wrong)
I have zero knowledge about programming. Perhaps a look into the SimConnect-part of vLSO can help to clear some issues some simmers report in this thread.
vLSO remains a fine peace of software. Perhaps a newbie-observation can help to make vLSO finer.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #423 on: July 18, 2012, 10:43:48 am »
mangold,
My guess is that the problem is in FSXGET, which uses SimConnect and obviously intercepts all SimConnect event messages. Do other SimConnect clients, like FSUIPC or AICarriers work well when FSXGET is running?. Do you start vLSO prior to FSXGET? I'm not sure, but try to start FSXGET first, then vLSO and see what happens.
Thanks for your observation!  :)
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

mangold

« Reply #424 on: July 18, 2012, 07:26:36 pm »
fsxnavypilot thanks for reply.
AICarriers and FSXGET are working well together most time.
Sometimes FSXGET crashes without crashing FSX.
Sometimes FSX crashes while AICarriers is running. Dont know why.
Next I will test vLSO start before/after FSGET.
St by I call back here.

Johan

« Reply #425 on: July 19, 2012, 03:48:49 am »
Hi Serge,

I just acquired EZCA (Ezdok) and Track IR5. vLSO works great with EZCA, but doesn't seem to engage with EZCA and Track IR on at the same time...although the menu is here and all the checkboxes are green...I am looking in the forum if this was already discussed, but can't find it.
Any advice?

Thanks,

Johan

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #426 on: July 19, 2012, 06:14:02 am »
Johan,
There were some EZCA-TiR5 incompatibilities reported. Both use SimConnect and perhaps that's the reason vLSO doesn't work properly. I have none of them so I can't recreate your situation and try to sort it out... However, you can google and read lots of discussions on this issue:
http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=51546
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/316385-track-ir-fsx/
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/48683-ezca-trackir-and-movement-freeze-need-advice/
etc....
Hope this helps
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Johan

« Reply #427 on: July 19, 2012, 07:15:08 am »
Thanks Serge, I'll check these out.

Johan

mangold

« Reply #428 on: July 19, 2012, 07:34:08 pm »
vLSO and FSXGET can function side by side flawlessly - thanks again fsxnavypilot.
VLSO has to be started before FSX and a strict set up sequence has to be complied with.

However each aircraft chrash (not FXS crash) disables vLSO in that no more flights are logged (SimConnect+Flight SimX cont showing green)
FSXGET continues working unharmed after aircraft crash, same Javiers AICarriers.

To regain vLSO I have to shut down FSXGet+FSX+AICarriers and reset every thing from scratch.

Jymp

« Reply #429 on: July 22, 2012, 02:26:48 pm »
I don't have FSXGET and cannot keep vLSO connected, I've only been able to do three passes at the boat (Javier's Nimitz/Ike) with it, and that was only with Sludge's Hornet, and sometimes it will not stay connected with that, I've tried Dino's F-14D and T-45C but it will not connect at all with those birds.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:14:40 pm by Jymp »

ruprecht

Re: Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #430 on: July 22, 2012, 02:32:16 pm »
Just wanted to say thank you for this epic mod. After 20 passes today, it's working like a champion.  Got my first OK 3 on pass 18 :) that made my weekend.

One question: I get perma-scrollbars in the logbook and debrief, even on 1920x1080 screens.  I can't seem to resize it over the default size, even maximising it only pushes it up into the top left corner.  Is this fixable, or planned? Apologies if I've missed this in the thread, I read all of the pages but may have missed it.

ruprecht

« Reply #431 on: July 22, 2012, 03:14:22 pm »
er, also while I think of it... are there any plans to track currency in accordance with NATOPS, including day and night CQ?

Jymp

« Reply #432 on: July 23, 2012, 02:26:57 am »
Cannot get vLSO to connect at all now, it connected 3 passes yesterday, but will not connect at all now, haven't changed anything, weired.

GOONIE

« Reply #433 on: July 23, 2012, 06:10:09 pm »
er, also while I think of it... are there any plans to track currency in accordance with NATOPS, including day and night CQ?

Ruprecht,

Serge did talk about adding such a feature to track the number of approaches flown (day/night), and then give a "qual'd" call from the LSO based on your grades. Seems like this could be added to the vLSO interface (UI), with a simple function that looks at the number of approaches flown over the past days/weeks, grade point average (>3.0), and then determines if you are current/qual'd in accordance with NATOPS. Don't know the NATOPS numbers off hand, but let's say you flew 7 approaches in the last 10 days, you would get a "day qual'd" indication on the vLSO, once 11 days pass, you would need to get requald or something, and the indications would change. Again these currency numbers are made up, not NATOPS.

See pic below for an example, could add qual status, including expiration to the GPA table.

CAPT

"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #434 on: July 23, 2012, 08:53:13 pm »
Jymp...

Cannot get vLSO to connect at all now, it connected 3 passes yesterday, but will not connect at all now, haven't changed anything, weired.

What sequence do you start the vLSO? Do you start up FSX then load vLSO? Or the opposite, vLSO then FSX? Win 7? Obviously, you have FSX w/Acceleration for the Hornet to work, so anything else you are running with when you load up FSX, such as REX2?

Just trying to help you give Serge a bigger picture of what is happening when you get the "non-connect" errors on vLSO. The best help you can give Serge is to give your full system specs, then tell him how you start both FSX and vLSO. Finally, post a screenshot of the main vLSO window when its NOT connected, so Serge can make his evaluations and advise you further.

Later
Sludge