Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 820391 times)

Artopsy

Re: vLSO Beta release Manual & audio sound files
« Reply #405 on: May 12, 2012, 09:30:28 am »
Just want to say wow and thanks. great program!!!
Those of us that are new to carrier ops need something like this and I'm sure vets do too.

I notice zip files of versions b6.1, b6.2 and the latest vLSO_0637, found on game front, don't have the the needed sound files, VLSO Manual, font or ini file these are 4 to 5 meg files and just contain the exe
It still works (at least on win 7 with FSX accel) but no sound.

If you don't get sound this might be why. Find the full package, here it should be 15-16 megs

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21417589/vLSO.zip   I think this is the 6.0 or 6.1 dated 3-11-2012   I would guess you can then  then update the exe to taste.

It took me a while to put all this together so I thought I would post a reply for other noobs like me who aren't on the ball

and thanks again fsxnavypilot  great work!!!!!  

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #406 on: May 12, 2012, 12:31:19 pm »
That's right! Here is a complete 0.6.3.7 version with all the bells and whistles - http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4915.msg45464#msg45464  :)
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

bentwing

« Reply #407 on: May 13, 2012, 04:49:19 am »
I think I've found my problem, and its between my ears!

Yesterday, I was able to get several graded carrier landings. I upgraded to the latest version of vLSO this afternoon and got a couple more. I stink at carrier landings, and my grades are VERY ugly! I'm inconsistent and definitely need alot more practice and study!

I supect my entire problem was my approaches were nowhere near spec for vLSO to recognize them as landing attempts or warrant LSO calls. What I thought was acceptable clearly wasn't. I think working on this for the last week or so simply improved my skill enough to actually get some grades and LSO instruction.

I've attached my logbook.dat, just in case a software glitch might appear as a contribuiting factor. A software glitch would ease my bruised ego, but I doubt  one will be found!

Despite my troubles, this is an AWESOME piece of software!!! I definitely have a new found appreciation and deepest thanks for the developer and everyone who has contributed to vLSO, and to all of our carrier veterans who did this stuff in real life in service to their country.

Thanks everyone!

Bentwing

SUBS17

« Reply #408 on: May 13, 2012, 08:42:38 am »
Awesome work FSXNAVYPILOT why were the other features removed eg the 6 traps/10 traps qual etc?

SandPro

• FSXCarrierOps
Re: vLSO 06.3.7 Beta release
« Reply #409 on: May 13, 2012, 03:34:48 pm »
After installing and running, I was getting windows errors on any audio callout issued. An error expample:  Cannot open file "C:/Windows/System32/"PaddlesContact". The system cannot find the file specified.  Of course I heard no audio.... with about 20 repeated windows errors popping up until I paused.

I closed and ran (via command prompt) vLSO.exe log. The log file was created and the audio is now working fine. Of course, I no longer received any more audio errors.

I deleted the log file and ran again normally... Again the error on any audio calls.
I tested creating an empty vLSO_log.txt file.. restarted normally and again received audio errors.

For me, it appears I MUST at least run vLSO.exe log ... at LEAST ONCE.. to generate the log file... for it to run without the audio errors.
The the folder must contain a generated log file to work properly?

(win7 64bit)

SandPro

Johan

« Reply #410 on: May 18, 2012, 09:43:49 pm »
Hi Serge,

I have a question for you:
As you are able to launch vLSO automatically through the EXE.xml file, is it also possible to launch aicarrier2 automatically through EXE.xml, setting a carrier on a specific lat/long location and going forward?
Thank you,

Johan

Orion

« Reply #411 on: May 19, 2012, 12:30:32 am »
As you are able to launch vLSO automatically through the EXE.xml file, is it also possible to launch aicarrier2 automatically through EXE.xml, setting a carrier on a specific lat/long location and going forward?

If you just want a carrier at a predefined location, it'd be much more simple to create an AI boat schedule.  You can do so with Lamont Clark's utility, AIBTC: http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/boat/.

However, I did suggest adding functionality to vLSO similar to AICarriers2r2: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6374.msg55910#msg55910.

Johan

« Reply #412 on: May 19, 2012, 12:56:10 am »
Thanks Orion, I will try the AI boat schedule, and yes, I am following your previous request with much interest.

Johan

SUBS17

« Reply #413 on: May 20, 2012, 08:17:09 am »
Might want to add A7D/E to list of aircraft for vLSO.

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
« Reply #414 on: May 31, 2012, 02:12:06 pm »
Rel 0.6.3.7

A request for some additional information:

I have noticed that is a very rare occurrence when the Comments field is more than 50% populated with information. :-\

I would like to see an additional column added to the LSO Logbook; :-*

CASEx Operation (so we can track the circumstances of the approach/landing) 8)

I think this information is easilly available, since the "Marshal" gives the call for the type of operation that's in progress, and the the field to provide the information would be the same size as the "WIRE" field. :D

Thanks very much for a most useful tool. ;)

Al Rosenberg
www.cvw-2.org

Letourn

« Reply #415 on: June 01, 2012, 02:32:52 am »
Hi Serge,

I update the VLSO from 0.6b to 0.6.3.7 and now when i open it I get a smaller windows and i cannot resize it.

Did not have that problem with 0.6b. Im running in surround resolution at 6005 x 1200.

thanks

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #416 on: June 01, 2012, 04:30:11 am »
Letourn,
Please check your vLSO.ini file and make sure these parameters are set as follows:
Width=1187
Height=701
The resizable windows were introduced to fit small monitors running at resolutions 1024x768. Is it a useful feature?

texxasal,
I thought D/N date notation would suffice  ;) What would be better - just replace D/N with Case info or sacrifice some logbook space and add another column?

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
« Reply #417 on: June 01, 2012, 04:45:23 am »
As a matter of personal preference, I would op for the reduction in size of the Logbook Space, since I don't often see the commentary taking up more than 1/2 of the space of the field. ;D

Thanks again.
This tool is an integral part of our operations with the VRS Superbug & TacPack.

AL
www.cvw-2.org

Letourn

« Reply #418 on: June 03, 2012, 12:13:00 am »
I did verify the setting in the vLSO.ini file and these parameters are set as follows:
Width=1187
Height=701

I did some more testing and found out that if i use a shortcut in windows it does give me that problem but if i execute the file directly i dont have this issue.

So i went back to 0.6b and can use the shortcut and everything is fine.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #419 on: June 03, 2012, 05:11:38 pm »
Ok, could you open your shortcut's properties window and see what Run setting is selected - normal window or maximized?