Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 820579 times)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2012, 05:28:08 pm »
Oddly enough, but I didn't change anything about carrier/aircraft data acquisition code since version 0.1. Bummer...  :-[
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

robertorizzo

« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2012, 08:37:29 pm »
For now i'm going to enjoy my new toy, in a few days i'll try new paths, merging things in the vLSO folder hoping to use any new version. If I get results I'll tell you for your next releases. Bye.

Johan

« Reply #302 on: March 18, 2012, 12:42:54 am »
Oddly enough, but I didn't change anything about carrier/aircraft data acquisition code since version 0.1. Bummer...  :-[

Hi Serge,

First, thanks for all the improvements to the vLSO, I have been a follower since the very beginning.
I noticed that 0.6b is not working when I operate from Whitbey (KNUW) with ORBX Pacific North West scenery on. It is working when that scenery if off though....
Would there be an obvious reason of conflict between the two?
Just curious, so don't spend time unless the cause is obvious. I will try with previous versions of vLSO that I have kept.
Thanks again,

Johan

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #303 on: March 18, 2012, 09:03:25 am »
Johan,
Is your ORBX scenery Prepare3D compatible? I read on forums that using non-P3D addons under Prepare3D requires some manual intervention.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 01:21:43 pm by fsxnavypilot »

Johan

« Reply #304 on: March 18, 2012, 03:48:16 pm »
Johan,
Is your ORBX scenery Prepare3D compatible? I read on forums that using non-P3D addons under Prepare3D requires some manual intervention.

I don't believe my ORBX PNW version is Prepare3D  compatible. The P3D compatible version was announced on 1/5/12 and my install is older than that.
Thanks for your insight though. It doesn't bother me to do AC operations when this scenery if off. Your vLSO is great.
Thanks Serge,

Johan

syn

« Reply #305 on: March 19, 2012, 11:50:57 pm »
Hi, still to more issues after beta 6

- vLSO seems to be using baro altitude as read on the airplanes altimeter and not true altitude. A wrong altimeter setting (must be significant, lets say 2mb or .07inHg) causes weird outputs in vLSO and wave-offs on, otherwise, normal approaches.

- Still getting worse grades when rolling out on a .6DME case I 15-18 sec groove (ref: F-14 NATOPS, T-45 NATOPS) than when rolling out at .8 even with manual ball call for approaches with no significant deviations.

syn

« Reply #306 on: March 20, 2012, 12:55:53 am »
Follow-up on the second point of my previous post. Both of these are touch and goes on a straight-in approach. The only significant difference is the point at which I call the ball. I can reproduce this consistently and I will always get at least an OK with the far ball call and an (OK) only with the close-in ball call, unless I **** up the pass  ;D

EDIT: typo
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:58:35 am by syn »

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #307 on: March 20, 2012, 02:23:12 pm »
Earlier there was a question or related question about 'hook/eye' HE distances. Have come across a poor quality page with some data from latest LSO NATOPS PCL:

http://www.hrana.org/documents/PaddlesMonthlyApril2011.pdf

Graphic is best I can do to make it readable.

Super Hornet HE is 17.15 feet

Now attached is a second attempt at making a good graphic from a not so good original.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:55:36 pm by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

GOONIE

« Reply #308 on: March 20, 2012, 03:00:17 pm »
Syn,

I've noticed that when using 'manual ball call' the vLSO seems to grade harder or at least I am unable to get an OK3 even when it is a perfect pass (no comments from vLSO) to a three wire. I can only get an OK3 when in 'auto ball call', not sure what is going on here and Serge is aware of the situation. I too try to roll into the groove at .6-.7 DME on the TACAN, but my groove times always seem long >20seconds, not sure what is going on here either.

-CAPT
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Herbie

« Reply #309 on: March 20, 2012, 10:10:40 pm »
I had a Wave-off and got a 3 Wire. I think, we may ask to much. It's only FSX each set-up on a different Computer. If you like to be real graded, we all should use the same computer. Herb

Johan

« Reply #310 on: March 22, 2012, 01:54:29 am »
Johan,

Serge,

I downloaded and installed the updated version of FSUIPC4 and it fixed the bug. I can now to carrier ops in PNW (ORBX) with vLSO on. Just as an FYI for others.
Thanks for all your work,

Johan

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #311 on: March 22, 2012, 04:20:48 pm »
Johan,
Thanks for the info! By the way, does PNW need/use FSUIPC?

Johan

« Reply #312 on: March 22, 2012, 04:42:08 pm »
Johan,
Thanks for the info! By the way, does PNW need/use FSUIPC?

Serge,

I believe it does, at least to fix all the CDT issues that were known with PNW, occurring around KSEA. After installing the new version (unregistered, only the freeware), I did several flights last night with no CDT issues. Then I set Javier's AC north of Whidbey (KNUW) and ran vLSO, and everything worked well.

Johan

Tregarth

« Reply #313 on: March 25, 2012, 07:19:14 pm »
Dear FSXNP,

A while ago you said you were working on a version of vLSO for El Centro and Coupeville; can you please tell me if you have finished them or what has happened to them?

Thank you,

Tregarth

SUBS17

« Reply #314 on: March 26, 2012, 05:31:05 am »
I got LSOv0.62 to work but the sound file was missing so I'm trying to use the 0.4 sound files for it.