Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814479 times)

Mickey_Techy

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #270 on: March 12, 2012, 06:31:10 pm »
Did a little more testing with this 'glitch' FSXNP.

I moved the vLSO window around on the primary monitor (monitor 0) and closed it. No matter where I placed the window on the primary monitor, it always remembered its position while starting again.

Next, I moved the window to extend a little to the secondary monitor (monitor 1), and then progressively a little more to the secondary monitor.
What I see is that, as long as, any small part of the window remains on the primary monitor, even if it is just the teeny weeny left boundary of the window, it still remembers its position, when you start it again. However, the moment you move the window completely to the secondary monitor, it looses its memory, and defaults to left edge of primary monitor.

Hope that helps and provides you with any additional clues to help you debug this glitch.

Herbie

« Reply #271 on: March 12, 2012, 07:15:19 pm »
Here is my monitor set-up. What i said before about the vLSO screen, I can Not re-size it like other windows, It will not fit on my second 15" Monitor. See screen-shot, all info is there. Herb
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:20:09 pm by Herbie »

mjrhealth

« Reply #272 on: March 12, 2012, 08:01:22 pm »
I run them as seperate monitors. The Ini shows monitor 1, but it always starts on the left monitor, even if i drag it to the right monitor, and quit from there, it will restart on the left.Isnt programming fun.

thanks for all your hard work.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #273 on: March 13, 2012, 11:15:24 am »
Guys,
Thanks for your feedback. Looks like I've finally managed to fix this multi-monitor glitch. Please download this 0.61 beta http://www.gamefront.com/files/21424691/vLSO_6.1.zip (only the executable in there, so just replace your current 0.6 exe) and make sure it works ok. If it does, I'll replace my main download pack.
On my two-monitor, one-videocard, test setup here it runs as planned.  :)
Sorry for any inconveniences...

Next, I plan to make the program's windows resizable a bit, as per Herbie's request.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:17:39 am by fsxnavypilot »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #274 on: March 13, 2012, 04:42:49 pm »
Thank you FSXNP.

Preliminary tests suggest that it works, quite nicely now.

The reason I say 'preliminary' is because, there is another problem I face with vLSO, which I think is peculiar to my computer and I shall cover it a little later. Due t this problem, I'm not able to 'conclusively' test the 0.61b version.

But, it seemingly works as intended.

Thank you again.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2012, 07:29:05 pm »
FSXNP,

Further to my post#274 above.

Please see the attached picture

Do you notice that the whole vLSO window is enclosed by a 'red' box. In the earlier versions of vLSO, I would see this box, every once in a while. But, with the latest 0.61b release, this box shows up each and every time I start vLSO. It doesn't matter, if I start it by using its desktop shortcut or it starts automatically with FSX.

Whenever this red box shows around vLSO, the program automatically quits after about 45 odd seconds. When the program is running in this red window, it doesn't save any changes that I make either (changes to call sign, audio device etc).

The UAC on my computer is off, and I run vLSO with admin privileges.

I'm at my wits end trying to figure out what is not working? Can you figure it out.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #276 on: March 13, 2012, 08:15:52 pm »
Further to my post above.

Did a little more testing.

While releasing the ver 0.6b, you had released another 'exe' file for multi-monitor setup. I just tested the vLSO with both versions of vLSO.exe file for 0.6b version, and they work absolutely fine (except the window placement thingy).

However, the 0.61b version does not run for more than 45 seconds on my computer. It always starts with that red box around the program window, and automatically shuts down after a while. So, I'm guessing, whatever the issue is...its with the 0.61b version of the file.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #277 on: March 14, 2012, 03:25:53 am »
Mickey_Techy,
That's strange... Never seen that red frame myself, neither heard about it before. The only difference between 0.6 and 0.61 versions is that 'always primary monitor placement' glitch removed.

Does this frame only appear when you start vLSO on your secondary monitor?

Edit: I have just run the program on a Win7 64 single-monitor system - no red frame, no 45 sec shutdown.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:50:09 am by fsxnavypilot »

mjrhealth

« Reply #278 on: March 14, 2012, 09:05:48 am »
Works fine, thanks again. that red line could be antivirus, avast did originally run it in a sandbox, once i changed it to open normally it was fine. Mind you i did not see the red box.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #279 on: March 14, 2012, 02:01:20 pm »
Does this frame only appear when you start vLSO on your secondary monitor?

Nope. It didn't matter, if the window was on the primary monitor or the secondary. On the 0.61b version, the red frame/45sec shutdown happened each and every time.

...that red line could be antivirus, avast did originally run it in a sandbox, once i changed it to open normally it was fine....

That was awesome mjrhealth.

It WAS an Avast sandbox issue. On your clue, I created an exclusion in the sand box and now vLSO works like a charm.

Thank you FSXNP/mjrhealth for the headsup.

The issue is now conclusively solved.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #280 on: March 14, 2012, 06:20:31 pm »
Lovely!
Is this Avast issue worth mentioning in the manual? Looks like other antiviruses are not that suspicious  ;D

Herbie,
what is the resolution of your 15" monitor? My program's main window is 1187x701 and if it doesn't fit in your 15" screen, I guess its resolution is good old 800x600. I'm going to limit resizing of the window to these minimums.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #281 on: March 14, 2012, 07:23:48 pm »
....Is this Avast issue worth mentioning in the manual? Looks like other antiviruses are not that suspicious....

I propose, "Yes".

There is no harm with additional information. If I faced this issue, at some point in time, there might be another bloke who might face it too. And, if the fix is already there in the manual, it is additional help info already available.

Just my 2 cents.

Herbie

« Reply #282 on: March 14, 2012, 07:33:28 pm »
My 15" Monitor runs at 1024X768. Thank You for your nice program you made. If I could re-size, that would be nice, but I can live without it too.
Those fellows with problems, I wounder how bad is their Hardrive, what I mean is Defraging as per Nick. Google for: "New FSX set up guide from Nick Needham" exception is a SSD Hardrive. Herb

robertorizzo

« Reply #283 on: March 14, 2012, 09:06:04 pm »
I can't get vLSO working.

Hi guys,
I downloaded it one week ago but i can't get it working.
Or, it just worked the very first time i used it with Dino's Goshawk, since then my logbook remains blank, no screen messages, no sound messages. FlightSim, onscreen messages, Simconnect and Manual ball call windows all green, (yes I pressed CTRL+W). Here's a pic of my screen with vLSO window and FSX. The same with F-14 and E-2. Nope. Running as Admin. The prob aroused after i deleted the first (and only) line of the logbook. Since then not a landing has been tracked and logged. Tried .5 and .61 versions. Avira antivirus both on and off, it doesn't change.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertorizzo/6836667372/

I must say the first time i executed the vLSo, i always got a message from FSX for permission, but now I no more get them.
It seems to me that even if the green fsx box is ok, the two programs do not "talk" togeter...

Here's my ini file from the beginning to dino's Gowshawk but it continues with raz A-7 E-2 and so on.

[Main]
CommMode=0
LSOlevel=1
OnscreenMsg=1
Callsign=BusyB
SoundCard=Altoparlanti (VIA High Definiti
Top=55
Left=55
Monitor=0

[Font]
Name=Franklin Gothic Medium
;File=Framd.ttf

[Manual]
ManualBall=1
ManualBallKey=TOGGLE_WATER_RUDDER

; Custom aircraft definitions.
; All the properties are required! Aircraft section numbers must be contiguous.
[Aircraft.1]   ;Default/Sludge/Combat/Blue Angels 2012
ATC_model=F18
Type=Legacy Hornet
Name=F/A-18 A/B/C/D
Slow=9.3
Fast=6.8
AbeamClose=1.0
AbeamWide=1.5

[Aircraft.2] ;  VRS Superbug
ATC_model=F18E
Type=Rhino
Name=F/A-18E
Slow=9.3
Fast=6.9
AbeamClose=1.1
AbeamWide=1.5

[Aircraft.3]  ; Dino's T-45
ATC_model=T45
Type=Goshawk
Name=T-45C
Slow=18.1
Fast=15.8
AbeamClose=0.7
AbeamWide=1.1

Yes i use Sylvain's Tacan ILS Carrier gauge.
Could anyone help me please? What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance. Roberto.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:48:27 pm by robertorizzo »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #284 on: March 15, 2012, 10:01:09 am »
Roberto,
Thanks for your feedback. That was a bug in my program, which prevented you from using some customized aircrafts.
Please download this 0.62 beta http://www.gamefront.com/files/21431348/vLSO_6.2.zip and make sure the program now works with your .ini file.

BTW, are you sure you want to use 18.1 and 15.8 for the Goshawk?...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:00:17 am by fsxnavypilot »