Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 818080 times)

syn

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #255 on: March 09, 2012, 04:12:00 pm »
26 seconds in the groove and it still gave me a fair.

Joe, try shooting a straight in approach instead of a case I pattern and call the ball ASAP and you will see what I mean. That's how I realized that turning to a 15-18 second groove (around .6 DME ball call) seems to be somehow affecting the grading algorithm.

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:13:51 pm by syn »

mjrhealth

« Reply #256 on: March 09, 2012, 09:17:33 pm »
I am enjoying this, my carrier landings are getting better thanks for the hard work. One question, would there be a chance to work with the guys from RFN to get it working with the Clemencau with french accent, thanks again.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2012, 07:21:49 am »
I run my FSX on a two monitor setup, and my vLSO is configured to start/shut down automatically with the FSX.

The issue I'm facing is that, for some reason vLSO considers both my monitors to be one single monitor and starts 'centered'. So, what I see is that one half (left) of vLSO shows up on one monitor and the other half (right) shows up on the other monitor.

While, I drag the program window to my secondary monitor, but it does the same with 'debrief windows' too, and, over a period of time, it kinda gets to be a bother.

I was trying to upload some screen shots...but for some reason, my photobucket account is not working correctly.

Is there a setting/flag that I could tweak and ensure that vLSO only shows up on my secondary monitor.

Thanks in advance.

Herbie

« Reply #258 on: March 10, 2012, 07:25:15 pm »
I run my FSX on a two monitor setup, and my vLSO is configured to start/shut down automatically with the FSX.

The issue I'm facing is that, for some reason vLSO considers both my monitors to be one single monitor and starts 'centered'. So, what I see is that one half (left) of vLSO shows up on one monitor and the other half (right) shows up on the other monitor.

While, I drag the program window to my secondary monitor, but it does the same with 'debrief windows' too, and, over a period of time, it kinda gets to be a bother.

I was trying to upload some screen shots...but for some reason, my photobucket account is not working correctly.

Is there a setting/flag that I could tweak and ensure that vLSO only shows up on my secondary monitor.

Thanks in advance
quote]

Hello Mickey!
What O/P? Windows 7/64bit? I have my set under Multiple Display to: "Extend this displays" I can drag it over no problem. One problem could be, you can't re-size the vLSO window and it's to big for a small monitor. It won't fit my old 15". Try it out. Herb

mjrhealth

« Reply #259 on: March 10, 2012, 11:29:52 pm »
Herbie, its not the dragging over he says is the problem, what he is saying is it always starts in the middle, he would refer it started on the right screen. A bit like thunderbird etc, if you close it on the right screen it will open next time on the right screen it remembers its last positions, if you open a new email it too will open on the right screen. It isnt a major issue,but would be nice.

Herbie

« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2012, 02:33:38 am »
Herbie, its not the dragging over he says is the problem, what he is saying is it always starts in the middle, he would refer it started on the right screen. A bit like thunderbird etc, if you close it on the right screen it will open next time on the right screen it remembers its last positions, if you open a new email it too will open on the right screen. It isnt a major issue,but would be nice.

I read yours and yes my windows 2nd monitor on the right side, if I close with a program in the window, it will start-up the same. See setting above. Herb

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2012, 06:41:38 am »

mjrhealth,

You are right. Dragging the vLSO window is not the problem.
I am running Windows 7 64bit on a i7 920 (not OC). A picture of my two monitor setup is as shown below:-

The part of vLSO main screen that shows up on my left monitor is as below:

and the rest of program window shows up on my second monitor as below:

And, like you observed, dragging the window is not a problem. I'm able to move it where ever I want, on either of the monitors. However, unlike other programs, which remember which monitor they were open on, when closed. vLSO doesn't seem to remember its position, and always starts 'centered' between the two monitors. It's the same issue with the 'debrief' windows too. They too start up centered between both the monitors.

I think 'herb' was trying to show me some settings, but I'm not able to understand them at this moment.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2012, 07:10:43 am »
Guys,
the new 0.6 beta is here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4915.msg45464#msg45464

Happy landings!  ;D
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

mjrhealth

« Reply #263 on: March 11, 2012, 09:19:53 am »
Tried the new version, having the LSO in headphones is so much nicer, but still the program always opens on the left screen it does not remember the place it was closed, right screen. Thanks for all the hard work, having fun with this. well i will do when i stop getting wave offs.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #264 on: March 11, 2012, 09:26:28 am »
mjrhealth,
Please tell me more about your setup. What is your desktop's resolution? After you have placed the program on the right screen and quit the program, open the vLSO.ini (with Notepad for example) and see what are the Top and Left params?

Edit: I have modified the 0.6b, which now should address the muli-monitor issue. Those, who have more that one monitor, please report if this works ok or not on your multi-monitor / multi-videocard systems. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:06:21 pm by fsxnavypilot »

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
« Reply #265 on: March 11, 2012, 05:41:45 pm »
Sir,
Thank you very much for the updates to vLSO. They are extremely helpful and add to the convenience and usability of the product. :D

BTW, I run an ATI 5870 EyeFinity 3-monitor image (3x22" monitors resolved to a single image of 5760x1080). Once I "found" where Windows7 put the vLSO, I moved it to where I wanted it, and now it comes up in the same place where it was shutdown. No more "Treasure Hunt". ;D

My son who shares my "man-cave" really appreciate not having to listen to my being "waved off" over and over, while he's reaching field marshall level in MW3 or BF3 or whatever it is that he's doing. The sound routing is really neat. :)

When you get around to the "export to Greenie Board" function, can you please make it possible to specify the dataset and folder for the destination? The reason I make the request is my group will be using vLSO for currency, and I would like the ability to combine the various individual outputs into a single Green Board for each squadron.

What would be an "Ultimate" Enhancement would be the ability to run vLSO on a Multi-Player server, and have it record the traps for all the players onto a single Green Board.

Under the VRS Superbug "TacPack" we have the ability for the host to spawn and control a Javier's carrier for all mp players to utilize with full functionality (Tacan, ILS, Ball, Cats, etc.) for everyone.

Thanks again for a great product.

mjrhealth

« Reply #266 on: March 11, 2012, 08:03:31 pm »
I just run2 wide screen monitors, off 2 different video cards, will check resolution when i get home, and the b version. Thanks again.

mjrhealth

« Reply #267 on: March 12, 2012, 09:21:41 am »
Hi have a GTX 560TI and 8800GTX at 1920 X 1080,

VLSO ini has

[Main]
CommMode=0
LSOlevel=0
OnscreenMsg=1
Callsign=BusyB
SoundCard=Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)
Top=161
Left=2085
Monitor=1

Changed monitor to 2 and it didnt change anything. And I shut down both from the quit button and the usual widows X

Thanks

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #268 on: March 12, 2012, 10:51:25 am »
mjrhealth,
so, does vLSO start from where it was closed or no?
BTW, monitors are numbered starting from 0, i.e. your first monitor is 0, the seconds is 1, etc.

Are your two video cards merged into one big desktop of 3840x1080?

Thanks!

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #269 on: March 12, 2012, 06:15:42 pm »
FSXNP,

Same issue as mjrhealth with me too.

Just to check if vLSO was writing to my ini correctly, I changed the values for call sign, sound card etc, and it updates the ini file correctly.
I have a two monitor setup as well (please refer my post #261 above).

The ini file has Monitor=1 setup, but the vLSO ALWAYS starts of monitor '0'.

Edit:

No matter which monitor I place the vLSO window, when I shut it down, it resets the ini file to Monitor=0, and that's where it starts the next time. Even if I manually edit the ini file the vLSO window still starts on monitor 1
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:21:11 pm by Mickey_Techy »