Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814581 times)

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #240 on: February 20, 2012, 10:00:25 am »
Subs...I see you left the next photo out ...the one of you being crapped on by the LSO for landing after being waved off  ;D
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

SUBS17

« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2012, 10:40:18 pm »
 ;D

syn

« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2012, 04:22:53 pm »
I was testing the latest beta, great job!

Still having some problems with Dino's T-45 and Javier's Nimitz though. I can only trap on the 4th wire if I don't want to get a (LO)AR (and I still get tons) and I even did some bolters when the debrief shows a perfect glideslope (and no, I'm not flaring!).

Am I the only one with this problem?

neutrino

« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2012, 01:19:38 pm »
I was testing the latest beta, great job!

Still having some problems with Dino's T-45 and Javier's Nimitz though. I can only trap on the 4th wire if I don't want to get a (LO)AR (and I still get tons) and I even did some bolters when the debrief shows a perfect glideslope (and no, I'm not flaring!).

Am I the only one with this problem?

Same things happens on my landings with the T-45. I assume the glideslope plane must be lowered for the T-45. If it is calibrated to the F/A-18, the T-45 because it is smaller will pass the 3rd wire and catch the fourth (or bolter), or if you want to stay on the ball and catch 3rd wire, you will get (LO)AR.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #244 on: February 25, 2012, 05:57:36 pm »
Yes, that's right. Different aircraft have different Hook-to-Eye distances, so the glideslope must be adjusted for each H/E. In real life the LSO uses IFLOLS lens roll axis to compensate for that. The roll angle is increased when changing from an aircraft with a small H/E to an aircraft with a larger H/E. In FSX we have the glideslope, which is hardcoded and set for the Hornet. That's why you have to fly a little low to catch #3 wire in the Goshawk.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2012, 08:42:26 pm »
Just to add another graphic to fsxnp explanation. The PDF url no longer works - perhaps the
PDF can be found elsewhere:

RHE-NAV-90-TR-1 | OUTER-LOOP CONTROL FACTORS FOR CARRIER AIRCRAFT by Robert K. Heffley

http://robertheffleyengineering.com/docs/CV_environ/RHE_NAV_90_TR_1.pdf

Other excerpts from this PDF are available on this forum here:

CarrierLanding+LSOstuff only RHE_NAV_90_TR_1.pdf (.3Mb) - all the very long URL must be cut/pasted or otherwise find the thread with this info.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=rhe-nav-90-tr-1%20outer-loop%20control%20factors%20for%20carrier%20aircraft%20by%20robert%20k.%20heffley&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fsdreamteam.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D3211.0%3Battach%3D9153&ei=4TlJT-jOIa6YiAe11oi1Dg&usg=AFQjCNG_-2bQc7GZmfpaMpeDvbiij_gSgQ&sig2=ihyqVrvmP42wH_Vd0c1c8Q

In meantime have found new website for Heffley docs: http://www.robertheffley.com/pages/lib.htm#Aircraft%20Design

Sadly this doc not available there now. I dunno.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:49:20 pm by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Jonathan livingston

« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2012, 12:37:06 pm »
Yes, that's right. Different aircraft have different Hook-to-Eye distances, so the glideslope must be adjusted for each H/E. In real life the LSO uses IFLOLS lens roll axis to compensate for that. The roll angle is increased when changing from an aircraft with a small H/E to an aircraft with a larger H/E. In FSX we have the glideslope, which is hardcoded and set for the Hornet. That's why you have to fly a little low to catch #3 wire in the Goshawk.

Hello,
I wonder what is the most realistic "Locus.GS" to put in the .ini for glideslope  with a F/A-18E of VRS. Original, Nugget, ... ?
Thanks for your help.

SUBS17

« Reply #247 on: March 02, 2012, 07:27:46 am »
Just tested 0.5 with SFCARRIERS2.5 and found the LSO did not work.

syn

« Reply #248 on: March 05, 2012, 02:58:04 am »
I was blaming the H-E distance as the main cause of not getting OKs at all, but actually it seems it had nothing to do with it. I just realized that I was getting (OK)s with the T-45 for late ball calls (manual ball call enabled) as I was rolling wings level at about .6NM. If I lengthen my groove to .75-.8NM I get OKs as well with Dino's T-45.

However this results in longer than desirable groove times (~25 sec while CV NATOPS and CQ instructions say 15-18 ideally), doesn't it?

SandPro

• FSXCarrierOps
« Reply #249 on: March 07, 2012, 02:42:22 pm »
Range Check Error:

Re: vLSO Beta release « Reply #206 on: February 06, 2012, 06:19:29 PM »
Every once in a while, I am seeing an error box pop up:    vLSO 0.4b      Range Check error.   

vLSO: 05b   Still see the Range Check error... as I reported on 2/6.  Any idea what is causing this ?

MikeB54

« Reply #250 on: March 07, 2012, 10:17:01 pm »
I get the Range Check errors on occasion myself.  I think it is when I wait too long after a launch to start my turn to downwind.  My guess is that the error is generated when you fly outside the airspace monitored by the program.

Mike

tpollen

« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2012, 10:20:01 am »
Great little addon, here's a little video I took today:

SUBS17

« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2012, 11:33:06 pm »
Cool video.

ExNusquam

« Reply #253 on: March 09, 2012, 04:15:59 am »
I was blaming the H-E distance as the main cause of not getting OKs at all, but actually it seems it had nothing to do with it. I just realized that I was getting (OK)s with the T-45 for late ball calls (manual ball call enabled) as I was rolling wings level at about .6NM. If I lengthen my groove to .75-.8NM I get OKs as well with Dino's T-45.

However this results in longer than desirable groove times (~25 sec while CV NATOPS and CQ instructions say 15-18 ideally), doesn't it?

26 seconds in the groove and it still gave me a fair.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #254 on: March 09, 2012, 09:25:24 am »

The 'only' way I can get this debrief window is through 'Photoshop',  :D.

Awesome flying Joe!