Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814781 times)

wilycoyote4

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2012, 12:54:56 am »
neutrino @
Super vid, really liked it, learned from it, thanks aplenty

SUBS17 @
I think Aerosoft has a similiar system ----AES--- released some months ago.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:37:47 am by wilycoyote4 »

SUBS17

« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2012, 11:21:16 pm »
Sweet I'll buy it if anyone makes such a mod.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #227 on: February 12, 2012, 08:06:49 am »
I can't get .4 to work for me.  I have green for SimConnect and FSX when running, but no matter what I seem to try I can't

Make sure that the Sound folder, as well as its subfolder Marshal, are in the same folder with the vLSO.exe.

I have both folders placed properly within the vLSO folder and vLSO run as administrator.

Gentlemen,

Been trying to make 'vLSO' run since yesterday but am not able to.

Have read through the complete thread, and have 'tried' to learn from about everything that is posted here, but no joy.

FWIW, the last version that worked for me was ver 2. I didn't check out ver 3 at all. I made sure that I delete the old folder before installing (copying) the new folder.

vLSO is installed in C:/vLSO path. All sub-folders are positioned correctly. The exe.dll is modified to ensure that vLSO starts/shut down automatically with FSX. The program starts, and I see all the 'greens' for FSX/Sim Connect, but it doesn't grade any landings.

I have tested it out only with VRS SH till now, and not with any other plane.

Any help is appreciated.

Happy landings.

Mickey

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2012, 07:33:20 am »
Mickey,

1) Do you fly with manual ball enabled? If yes, vLSO won't monitor your approach until you press a manual ball key being in the groove.
2) If not, make sure you roll into the groove prior to 3/4.
3) Try another aircraft (the Sludge or Goshawk). However, no Superbug driver has complained yet
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2012, 03:19:07 pm »
Dear FSXNP,

I thank you for your response.

I was just about to make a post in response to my own post, but you beat me to it. I think, I have figured out the 'what' of the issue, even though I have no clue as to the 'why' of the issue.

My sim was set up such that VRS Rhino was the default airplane (instead of the Aircreation trike). When I started a flight, and loaded in with the 'bug', the vLSO did not work for me. I made the above mentioned post, since I had not tested out any other airplane.

Later, when I changed my airplane to Dino's T45, the vLSO started to work. I reloaded the flight with VRS Bug again, the vLSO continues to work.

Bottomline....If I load a flight with VRS Bug, vLSO doesn't work. But, if I load the flight with any other airplane, it works.

I have no clue 'why', but that's how it works.

1) Do you fly with manual ball enabled? If yes, vLSO won't monitor your approach until you press a manual ball key being in the groove.

I am not sure, what is correct response to this query.
When I look into the vLSO.ini, I find that ManualBall=O & ManualBallKey=TOGGLE_WATER_RUDDER entries are 'not commented'. Notwithstanding, I hear the LSO call the ball automatically, and I do not need to press the 'Control+W' to manually call the ball.

2) If not, make sure you roll into the groove prior to 3/4.

With my flying skills, I roll into the groove prior to 2 miles, lol.

3) Try another aircraft (the Sludge or Goshawk).
Did that sir. Should have done that myself, before making the post.

However, no Superbug driver has complained yet

I am certain that my 'bug' is more 'buggy' than others. I have made posts on various 'typical' issues on VRS support forums too. But, since these are issues I can live with, I haven't pursued them much. For example, whenever, I load the VRS Bug into a session and do my 'rig' check, my left engine flames out. Each and every time. This is something that doesn't happen with any other bug driver I know, but it does with me.

I figure, who ever (or whatever) switches off my left engine, is the one who scares the vLSO away too.

Never mind sir. Your package is 'awesome'. The bug is in my setup. If nothing else, this post will serve to help some other blokes like me.

Happy landings.

Mickey

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #230 on: February 14, 2012, 04:07:27 am »
Mickey,
Yes, there's definitely something very strange about your Superbug setup. Perhaps a complete reinstall of the SH (or even FSX) will fix the problem?
Anyways, much thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it. It helps me to make vLSO perfect, because Don’t be afraid of perfection – you can never reach it  ;D

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #231 on: February 14, 2012, 02:51:45 pm »
Perhaps a complete reinstall of the SH (or even FSX) will fix the problem?;D

GOONIE

« Reply #232 on: February 16, 2012, 03:54:08 pm »
Serge,

I was thinking the FCLP and "nugget" vLSO could include LSO calls/corrections that start from the 180, I know this is no small task, but based on real world T-45 qual videos, you hear the LSO giving calls helping pilots fly the correct pattern from the 180 to the groove. Just a thought.

Here is a video I created that tried to mimic a real world video, crazy how similar they are  ;)

-CAPT
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2012, 08:24:03 am »
Guys,
The beta 0.5 is here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4915.msg45464#msg45464

This time only a minor cosmetic change - customizable logbook font, as per Orion's request.  :)
And a modified PDF, indeed...

I was thinking the FCLP and "nugget" vLSO could include LSO calls/corrections that start from the 180 ... Just a thought.

I'll think about it. There's also SHB call on the list...  ;)

can the voice "calls" be routed to the FSX "VOICE" sound device rather than the "SOUNDS" device?

It currently comes out with the engines, cockpit, and environment stuff to my speakers, while all my radio traffic (which I would assume the "calls" to be) such as ATIS and atc, are routed to my headphones.

Yes, it's easy. Just assign FSX "Voice" to your system's primary audio device (see Control panel) and FSX "Sounds" to your secondary audio device. This way, vLSO will 'speak' on the same channel with ATC (because vLSO always uses primary audio device), not with engines...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:42:53 am by fsxnavypilot »

Orion

« Reply #234 on: February 17, 2012, 08:34:07 am »
Nice, thanks. :)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #235 on: February 17, 2012, 10:15:34 am »
Serge...

Yes, it's easy. Just assign FSX "Voice" to your system's primary audio device (see Control panel) and FSX "Sounds" to your secondary audio device. This way, vLSO will 'speak' on the same channel with ATC (because vLSO always uses primary audio device), not with engines...

This didn't work for me.

Just to make sure we are on the same page and avoid any confusion:

In my FSX setup, I have 5.1 speakers (primary Windows audio device) and a headset/mic (secondary Windows audio device). Before doing your change, the externals (engines, cockpit noises, etc) played out of the 5.1 speakers, along with the vLSO voice comms; the only thing I got in my headset was ATC comms ("cessna n2743, contact socal approach...").

After trying your fix, I had ATC and vLSO coming out of the 5.1 speakers; and the externals now play thru the headset. It seems that vLSO will only play from the main speakers no matter how the FSX sound setup occurs.

My request, along with TEX' as well, is can we get vLSO to always play in the secondary audio device? So we can have this setup (5.1 speakers=externals; headset=ATC w/vLSO). Not sure how that would affect people who use 2.0/5.1 speakers for all FSX sounds but if its too much pain or cant work, just say so and I'll let it go.

Thanks
Sludge
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:22:57 am by Sludge »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2012, 11:33:06 am »
After trying your fix, I had ATC and vLSO coming out of the 5.1 speakers; and the externals now play thru the headset. It seems that vLSO will only play from the main speakers no matter how the FSX sound setup occurs.

Yes, vLSO always plays sounds via system's main audio card (the one you set first in the Control panel). The idea was to use this output device for voice comms and the secondary audio device for other sounds. So your headset should be plugged into the main sound card and the speakers into the secondary (number two in the Control panel). In FSX you just reassign 'voice' and 'sounds', if required...

Quote from: Sludge
My request, along with TEX' as well, is can we get vLSO to always play in the secondary audio device? So we can have this setup (5.1 speakers=externals; headset=ATC w/vLSO). Not sure how that would affect people who use 2.0/5.1 speakers for all FSX sounds but if its too much pain or cant work, just say so and I'll let it go.

I couldn't manage to do that, but still hope...  ;D

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2012, 06:57:30 pm »
Serge...

Yes, vLSO always plays sounds via system's main audio card (the one you set first in the Control panel). The idea was to use this output device for voice comms and the secondary audio device for other sounds. So your headset should be plugged into the main sound card and the speakers into the secondary (number two in the Control panel). In FSX you just reassign 'voice' and 'sounds', if required...

OK, I see what you're saying. Bummer, probly wont be able to get this to work, as I have my sound card powering the main speakers and my USB headset is completely independent of the soundcard both physically and in Windows. Oh well.

Thanks for trying. Keep up the improvements to this great program.

Later
Sludge

jetjam619

« Reply #238 on: February 18, 2012, 07:18:19 am »
Tried it and got an Underlined OK  3Wire on my second trap..........great update.....

SUBS17

« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2012, 05:23:54 am »
Case 3 approaches are quite cool I did some today and the radio coms is quite good.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:33:21 am by SUBS17 »