Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 818308 times)

Orion

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2012, 05:57:23 am »
Just had a go- my first carrier landing in a couple months; however, I have been taking real flying lessons lately.  Maybe it's rubbed off on my FS flying skills. ;D

Victory103

« Reply #196 on: February 03, 2012, 09:53:47 am »
BZ to CASE III ops, could not find a way to post the CV-1 approach plate, but here is at least the voice calls one would be expecting to use/hear during CASE III:

DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

theoklahomaaviator

« Reply #197 on: February 03, 2012, 04:17:15 pm »
I can't get .4 to work for me.  I have green for SimConnect and FSX when running, but no matter what I seem to try I can't get the LSO to talk behind the boat.  I'm using the Crowded Deck 2 Nimitz via aicarriers.  I do have my FS/Acceleration installed in C:\FSX rather than the normal program files folder.  Shouldn't matter I wouldn't think due to it indicating that it is connected to FS.  Any ideas?  Am I doing something wrong?  It was a fresh install and no other prior versions are present.  Thank you gentlemen!

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #198 on: February 03, 2012, 04:37:43 pm »
theoklahomaaviator,
Make sure that the Sound folder, as well as its subfolder Marshal, are in the same folder with the vLSO.exe.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

adiemus

« Reply #199 on: February 03, 2012, 09:34:28 pm »
Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious.

The only download link I can find is for 0.4, but doesn't include a manual, which I read was included in 0.3.

Combined with the instructions on the download post: "then copy/move it to a folder of your choice and replace the existing files" I'm wondering if all I've actually done is download an update archive, and am missing the complete package.

Does downloading the 0.4 archive provide a complete install or do I need something else first?

(I am able to make graded passes, sometimes, but the intermittent functionality I'm guessing is likely related to my potentially incomplete installation)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:00:57 pm by adiemus »

theoklahomaaviator

« Reply #200 on: February 03, 2012, 09:58:44 pm »
theoklahomaaviator,
Make sure that the Sound folder, as well as its subfolder Marshal, are in the same folder with the vLSO.exe.

I have both folders placed properly within the vLSO folder and vLSO run as administrator.  I would like to try to revert to v0.3 in attempts to isolate the problem to 0.4, but I don't have an old copy available.  Suggestions are more than welcome! This is a great piece of software and it only gets better! Thank You!

MikeB54

« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2012, 02:33:16 am »
Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious.

The only download link I can find is for 0.4, but doesn't include a manual, which I read was included in 0.3.

Combined with the instructions on the download post: "then copy/move it to a folder of your choice and replace the existing files" I'm wondering if all I've actually done is download an update archive, and am missing the complete package.

Does downloading the 0.4 archive provide a complete install or do I need something else first?

(I am able to make graded passes, sometimes, but the intermittent functionality I'm guessing is likely related to my potentially incomplete installation)

Adiemus,

The 0.4 is a complete release, minus the manual that was included in 0.3.  If you want to private message me your email address I will send it to you.

Mike

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #202 on: February 04, 2012, 08:28:44 am »
Guys,
The manual is now attached to the first message, so you can get it there.

Orion

« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2012, 09:28:54 am »
Two things:

1. Can you add a font option in the ini file?  I don't care for the handwritten style, and whatever it defaults to without it doesn't really suit my tastes either.
2. Was I supposed to get a "Ball call" speech bubble type thing on the debrief page (see screenshots on the top of this page, attached to my post)?

Edit: Just saw the comment in the manual- so the ball call speech bubble only applies to the manually trigger?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:33:41 am by Orion »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2012, 09:35:38 am »
1. Can you add a font option in the ini file?  I don't care for the handwritten style, and whatever it defaults to without it doesn't really suit my tastes either.
2. Was I supposed to get a "Ball call" speech bubble type thing on the debrief page (see screenshots on the top of this page, attached to my post)?

1. Actually it is already there, but not enabled (nobody requested that until now). Will make it active in the 0.5 release.  :)
2. Assign a manual ball key (see the pdf) and you'll get that bubble.

Victory103

« Reply #205 on: February 06, 2012, 05:12:48 pm »
Love the CASE III, even if it is basic right now. Might be a small detail, but like the manual ball call, anyway to "manually" call needles? Still getting a "Too Close Abeam" out to 1.5nm, which looks far from the cockpit, different site picture I guess and test this more.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

SandPro

• FSXCarrierOps
« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2012, 06:19:29 pm »
Great job.   Really working well.

Small issue.... every once in a while, I am seeing an error box pop up:
    vLSO 0.4b      Range Check error.       

Not sure what the issue is.   I have noticed I did loose the abeam paddles call... even in range .. after that.

Keep up the great work.

texxasal

• CVW-2.ORG
« Reply #207 on: February 08, 2012, 06:33:21 pm »
A small request to the developer;

can the voice "calls" be routed to the FSX "VOICE" sound device rather than the "SOUNDS" device?

It currently comes out with the engines, cockpit, and environment stuff to my speakers, while all my radio traffic (which I would assume the "calls" to be) such as ATIS and atc, are routed to my headphones.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #208 on: February 08, 2012, 08:28:54 pm »
Serge...

A small request to the developer; can the voice "calls" be routed to the FSX "VOICE" sound device rather than the "SOUNDS" device?

I've been meaning to ask the same thing but was gonna wait til you weren't as busy w/the vLSO. Also, if you can re-route the Betty stuff in the same way, would be much appreciated as all your work is here.

Using Doug's Sound gauge, he said it was possible. Here was my similar request at FSDEVELOPER.

http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140127

Thanks
Sludge

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #209 on: February 08, 2012, 09:31:11 pm »
This is one amazing product you have put together!  You have really brought carrier op in FSX up to the next level.  I know many have already said it, but THANKS.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1