Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 819067 times)

burner12

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2011, 01:09:20 am »
I don't know what my problem is ,but I installed the program but never hear the sound only text at the top.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 02:55:44 am by burner12 »

micro

« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2011, 11:11:56 pm »
Been away for awhile and just now got to test out the new Beta. I’d say it’s just about perfect except that it promotes to long of a groove length. Specifically, it wants you to be wings level prior to ¾ of a mile. Yes, glideslope intercept and the ball call are at ¾ of a mile, but to get a proper groove length you won’t be wings level until somewhere like 0.6 – 0.5. When I do that, it grades me as “very lined up left at the start”. Is there a way to start the groove time and the grading when you roll wings level?

micro

« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2011, 11:48:16 pm »
Here's a vid of what I mean. I roll wings level at 3:00 and thus have a 17 second groove length. This is a replay using FS-Recorder so the "airspeed" displayed is really ground speed. It was a 3 wire the first time around but the replay must have been off a touch as it shows a 2 wire. Sorry about the sound.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2011, 03:50:58 am »
micro,
thanks for your input!

...it wants you to be wings level prior to ¾ of a mile. Yes, glideslope intercept and the ball call are at ¾ of a mile, but to get a proper groove length you won’t be wings level until somewhere like 0.6 – 0.5. When I do that, it grades me as “very lined up left at the start”.

Currently the vLSO doesn't care about your banking. It just starts the groove timer and grading as soon as you call the ball, either automatically (i.e. passing the ¾) or manually (in this case you can be closer to the ramp).

Is there a way to start the groove time and the grading when you roll wings level?

No problem, let's give it a try. I suppose that the banking angle of ±3..5 degrees would be nice  :)
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

micro

« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2011, 04:08:44 am »
I guess I should say that it wants you to be within line-up limits by ¾ of a mile. To do that you would have to be wings level somewhere like 0.7nm giving you about a 20 second groove at best. I used the manual ball call in the previous beta but it doesn’t seem to be an option in the new one. Am I missing something?

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2011, 04:18:25 am »
Have you set a button for manual ball call? By default this setting is disabled (commented out) in the .INI file.

micro

« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2011, 04:27:05 am »
Ah, my bad. I didn't update the .ini file. (Face Palm).

WilliamCall

« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2011, 03:24:00 am »
Serge,
Awsome mission!  I see where several folks have gotten vLSO to work in free flight mode, no joy here.  Not sure where to begin to debug.  For starters, I'm using Vista 32 as an operating system.  Initially, I had the vLSO folder located on my G: drive, inside my Microsoft FSX folder.  I've since moved the vLSO folder to my C: drive, inside My Programs folder.  The mission works great, but can't get vLSO to work in free flight mode.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

syn

« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2011, 06:34:14 pm »
Hello,

Awesome program, real fun to practice patterns with it. Really hard to get a OK 3.

Just some feedback. I'm using Dino's T45 on Javier's Nimitz and sometimes the LSO would say that I trapped on wires 3 or 4 when I actually boltered. Haven't tried the f18 yet.

syn

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2011, 03:41:11 am »
Yes, there are still some inconsistencies with trapping/boltering... I'm working on this..

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2011, 03:45:43 am »
...The mission works great, but can't get vLSO to work in free flight mode.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!
The vLSO should work in any missions and free flights provided 1) there is a Nimitz class carrier and 2) you're flying one of the supported aircraft.
Are you sure your free flight meets these requirements?

WilliamCall

« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2011, 04:07:38 am »
...The mission works great, but can't get vLSO to work in free flight mode.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!
The vLSO should work in any missions and free flights provided 1) there is a Nimitz class carrier and 2) you're flying one of the supported aircraft.
Are you sure your free flight meets these requirements?

Yes, I believe so.  I'm using Javier's Nimitz class carriers and flying VRS Super Hornet.  I thought that maybe I needed to run vLSO as an administrator, but that didn't make any difference.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2011, 04:28:05 am »
One more question - when flying, are your vLSO's SimConnect and FSX indicators green?
If yes, you can also try to start the vLSO after FSX.

micro

« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2011, 04:33:54 am »
This brings up a question for me. Does the ICLS need to be tuned in for the vLSO to function?

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2011, 04:48:28 am »
No. The program doesn't depend on ILS.