Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814610 times)

GOONIE

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2011, 05:42:11 pm »
Thanks Serge, my mistake, I thought there was a Charlie model in FSX.

Based on your earlier post, are you planning to develop a CASE III vLSO and mission? I was looking into using Instant Mission Maker to develop a Case III CV1 Approach mission, based on real world comms. The mission would be at night (new moon) and begin with the hornet in the air returning to the ship. You would receive marshal instructions (using real world comms) and an expected approach time. You would then have to meet the parameters for marshaling and then fly the CV1 approach to the carrier, meeting all parameters for the approach and making proper calls. I was hoping to include a tanker in the mission, so if you didn't trap on the first pass you would have to tank. I thought it would merge nicely with your vLSO ( which works on any carrier and would become active when transition to the ball at 3/4NM on the CV1 approach). Let me know if you are developing a mission or need any input. I am looking into developing this mission, but not sure how successful I will be, don't hold your breath.

Thanks again for the update .2 to the BETA vLSO!  ;D

-CAPT
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Tregarth

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2011, 06:39:48 pm »

FSXNP,

I am still trying to fly the El Centro FCLP mission 1.  I am making (slow) progress; can you please tell me how to connect the vLSO to El Centro?  Hopfully one day I will graduate to Coupeville!

Thanks,

Tregarth

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2011, 10:07:08 pm »
Fellas...

Just to clarify, the Sludge Hornet is an F/A-18 ALPHA with CHARLIE engine power. It has the 11k' static thrust settings. So, basically, you can call it an ALPHA PLUS (A+).

Tre...

Unless Serge has incorporated the vLSO program into the FCLP, AFAIK, the vLSO needs the carrier's "locus points" to work. You might get something similar that works with the FCLP AFTER he completes the initial vLSO into a full release version?

Later
Sludge

Essex

« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2011, 10:29:56 pm »
Does this carrier have an OLS similar to FSX CVN68? I mean is that OLS as precise as FLOLS?

I assume it's the same OLS as the standard acceleration carrier, although I normally cheat and use the IFLOLS gauge instead.

please tell me how to connect the vLSO to El Centro?

You could do a similar trick as with the Ark Royal. Download the FLOLS Trailer (or use some other object), then rename the Arresting Gear in the sim.cfg to something like;

[fltsim.1]
title=CVN68_AG
model=ArrestingG
texture=

Then place the Arresting Gear on the runway (probably easiest with AICarriers), I guess you'll need to place them at an angle and experiment with the positioning. I haven't tried this myself, but you've got me thinking that perhaps I can use this 2nd object method to get vLSO working perfectly with Ark Royal and any other carrier.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:32:28 pm by Essex »

K6952

« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2011, 02:07:39 am »
Hmm...

I ran 4 passes in a Sludge with decent results (Fair 3, OK 3, Fair 1, OK 2) and then transitioned to the IRIS Phantom... And I got no LSO calls whatsoever and my passes weren't recorded. Has something been changed in Beta 2 that's disabling the vLSO from calling unknown aircraft? It worked in the first Beta.
-Rabbit

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2011, 03:29:10 am »
K6952,
Yes, the 0.2b doesn't work with unknown aicraft.

Following aircraft now fully supported:

F/A-18A Hornet (both Acceleration and Sludge)
    F/A-18E Rhino (VRS)
    F-14D Tomcat (Dino Cattaneo)
    T-45C Goshawk (Dino Cattaneo)
    A-4K Skyhawk KAHU

However, I plan to add support for custom aircraft. You will have to know and specify some numbers, particularly AoA fast, AoA slow, abeam position, etc.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

K6952

« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2011, 03:42:51 am »
Okay. Not sure why, but the Alpha A-3 Skywarrior still works. What is the program using to identify the supported aircraft?
 I'll see if I can compile a list of alpha figures and abeam distances for the unsupported aircraft to help out.
-Rabbit
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:48:26 am by K6952 »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2011, 03:45:27 am »
You could do a similar trick as with the Ark Royal. Download the FLOLS Trailer (or use some other object)...

Essex,
I don't think that using this trailer is a good idea... When working on my FCLP missions I discovered that it's precision is twice as coarse (see the picture). This is due to limitations of technology Sylvain has used for his trailer. That's why I had to create my own Mk.14 IFLOLS replica, which fully meets Mk.14 specs. Unfortunately, it couldn't be used as a separate object like Sylvain's trailer, it's a part of an FCLP scenery. Yet another tech limitation...  :(

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2011, 03:48:34 am »
Not sure why, but the Alpha A-3 Skywarrior still works.
OMG... Does it really work with the 0.2 beta???? Could you tell me what's the value of its atc_model parameter under [General] section of its Aircraft.cfg, please?

wilycoyote4

« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2011, 04:15:06 am »
I don't know if this a proper place to mention that Iris has made the T-6A II Texan freeware.
The model seems not have a hook and I don't know if this aircraft ever made a carrier landing in real life nor a cat launch.

Hook and cat can be added to the cfg file.

Touch and go ----bolters ----- perhaps?  Anyway, part of real Navy training.
http://irissimulations.com/product-classics-t6a.php

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2011, 04:29:20 am »
RF-4B Phantom (USMC) NATOPS Carrier Circuit .GIF diagram with relevant NATOPS pages. I'll look for more AoA and other info in the NATOPS to add later if relevant.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:15:58 am by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2011, 09:15:34 am »
RF-4B Phantom NATOPS FCLP .GIF diagram and a 4 page PDF about AoA.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Tregarth

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2011, 12:11:21 pm »

Having read the replies I think I will simply ask FSXNP to add the vLSO to the FCLP missions when he has time.  I am sure many others would really appreciate this.

Tregarth.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2011, 12:39:24 pm »
Tregarth,
Sure I will make the vLSO compatible with the FCLP missions.

K6952

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2011, 01:14:53 pm »
RF-4B Phantom NATOPS FCLP .GIF diagram and a 4 page PDF about AoA.

Spaz,
 IIRC, the actual F-4 ran a flatter, faster pattern than most. Unfortunately, the IRIS doesn't fly that way. Anybody know how to get AoA data without installing a gauge?
-Rabbit