Author Topic: Klax exclude file  (Read 5446 times)

Dimon

Klax exclude file
« on: October 26, 2011, 05:29:47 pm »
First of all - my biggest thanks for the greatest release.

Question - am I correct that the exclude areas were made using AFX and these areas will be destroyed if AFD file being edited by AFCAD 2.21? If so, do you have a plan to create the exclude bgl by using bglcomp.exe, since it would be very helpful for us, old timers?

Technically, I can do it by myself, however I noticed (via ADE) that you created 4 separate exclude ares. Not sure that I can do this with bglcomp.exe.

Thanks

Dmitiry
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Klax exclude file
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 05:40:26 pm »
Wouldn't be easier to just use ADE to edit the airport ?

As an alternate solution, you could first decompile the AFCAD into XML format using ADE (just compile it, there's an option to keep the XML file), and keep that with a new filename.

Then, edit with AFCAD, open it again with ADE, decompile again into XML, open the XML you saved before, take the exclusion zones commands from it, open the XML derived with the AFCAD-edited version, paste the exclusions into that, and finally compile with BGLCOMP...

It's probably easier to use ADE...

Dimon

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 05:59:48 pm »
Thanks Umberto for the great idea!!! I didn't realize that from AFX/ADE designed AFD file I could delete everything except for exclude areas, then save and export this file and use it as a pure exclude!!! How simple is that.

Unfortunately, ADE does not allow some of my own tricks for AI movements utilization with runways' width that AFCAD allows.

Thanks again Dmitriy.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

data63

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 09:48:16 pm »

Unfortunately, ADE does not allow some of my own tricks for AI movements utilization with runways' width that AFCAD allows.

Thanks again Dmitriy.

Could you tell a bit about that "tricks" (very curious  ;))

Happy Landings

Juergen