Author Topic: Uninstall FSDreamTeam KLAX and Put Cloud9 KLAX Back  (Read 14859 times)

Swoop

Uninstall FSDreamTeam KLAX and Put Cloud9 KLAX Back
« on: October 26, 2011, 02:12:26 pm »
After seeing the poor performance of the new version, I tried to uninstall the FSDreamTeam KLAX and reinstall the Cloud9 KLAX version. Afterwards, there were no terminals (or buildings of any kind) at Cloud9 KLAX. How to fix this issue? Please advise and thanks!

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Uninstall FSDreamTeam KLAX and Put Cloud9 KLAX Back
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 02:15:58 pm »
Just be sure to use the FSDT installer for the Cloud9 version.

Swoop

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 10:26:18 am »
OK, it did finally come back after a number of reinstall acrobatics. Sure hope you guys work out the issues with the low frame rates because the airport does look beautiful.

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 11:13:27 am »
Sure hope you guys work out the issues with the low frame rates because the airport does look beautiful.

There are no issues with low frame rates, if you check this forum and other forums too, most comments are positive.

Don't expect KLAX would work on systems older than 3-4 years though, this was clear from the start. And, of course, since the Cloud9 version is still on sale and supported, that's always an option.

Swoop

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 04:27:58 pm »
Umberto, I responded in both the Avsim forum and now here.

I'm having frame rate issues...really! That means there are frame rate issues...

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 05:29:51 pm »
Umberto, I responded in both the Avsim forum and now here.

Which is now becoming *very* confusing and time consuming for me, since I might be supposed to reply on two identical threads now...as we said many times already, it doesn't make much sense to use Avsim as a support forum, it might be useful if you are discussing a product that doesn't have any support forum to begin with, or where the developers are known to not reply in time but, this is surely not the case.

I'm having frame rate issues...really! That means there are frame rate issues...

Nope.

That you are having frame rate issue, only means you have frame rate issues, not the scenery, otherwise it would happen to everyone. I've already replied in the *other* thread you are in (the 3rd one...), what might be the cause, your system is good hardware-wise, but crippled by a poor choice of software (XP32 and FS9).

The scenery DOES take quite a bit of VRAM so, it's possible that with your card taking away from the main memory (BECAUSE of the 32 bit OS), the video performances are going down, because the whole system is starving because of this.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:33:20 pm by virtuali »

DogStar

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 10:00:08 pm »
Come on Umberto. KLAX is running even slower than KJFK does! so there are FPS-issues ... people still using FS9, often run slightly outdated PC`s (2 years old in my case) so it is not fair to give false hope to them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 11:56:16 pm »
No, it doesn't, except for exactly you two guys. So no, there aren't any fps issues in the scenery, there are only two people right now that have a system which underperforms.

Swoop

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 02:18:42 am »
So, what do you propose that I do here Umberto? My system is running well, I'm not having any issues except with this airport where the frame rates are simply awful.

I've already done a clean install of FS9.1 and your software is the only thing running in the FS9 environment. My system boots with only 170mb of services plus what ever the operating system is currently using. Should I try to reinstall the new version of KLAX again? What are your suggestions....

keino333

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 04:09:21 am »
Come on Umberto. KLAX is running even slower than KJFK does! so there are FPS-issues ... people still using FS9, often run slightly outdated PC`s (2 years old in my case) so it is not fair to give false hope to them.
Gentlemen, I understand how you feel...I had the same issue when another developer produced KEWR and my system then was dog tired...Since that time I had up graded...my system is now 1year and 4 months outdated...but..

All FS9

fps are consistent around the entire airport...I must say that not all systems respond the same.

I later apologies in a post when I gave an unjust remark to the other developer for KEWR. 

I get these and greater fps with this system in the Great New York area...FSDT/Aerosoft/imagine lga/ewr

reference only (please accept my apology FSDT i know the rule)

Swoop

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 04:54:06 am »
Gents, can you please stop posting all of the screen shots...they're getting in the way of me reading this thread.

So Umberto, what do you propose that I do here? My system is running well, I'm not having any issues except with this airport where the frame rates are simply awful.

I've already done a clean install of FS9.1 and your software is the only thing running in the FS9 environment. My system boots with only 170mb of services plus what ever the operating system is currently using. Should I try to reinstall the new version of KLAX again?

Is anyone suggesting that this system is incapable of running FsDreamTeam KLAX? What is being suggested that I install and please, no more screen shots....

My FS9 System :
O/S Windows XP32 SP3
CPU Intel Core i5-650 @ 4.1ghz
M/B Gigabyte H55M-S2V
GPU Gigabyte GeForce GTX-560-OC TI
Memory G.Skill DDR3-1333 2 x 2gb @ 1600mhz
Cooler Thermaltake ISGC-400
HDD 4 x 1tb of SATA2
Case Antec DF-35
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 243T
Controllers Saitek X52 Pro and Rudder Pedals

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 07:02:59 am »
Gents, can you please stop posting all of the screen shots...they're getting in the way of me reading this thread.

So Umberto, what do you propose that I do here? My system is running well, I'm not having any issues except with this airport where the frame rates are simply awful.

I've already done a clean install of FS9.1 and your software is the only thing running in the FS9 environment. My system boots with only 170mb of services plus what ever the operating system is currently using. Should I try to reinstall the new version of KLAX again?

Is anyone suggesting that this system is incapable of running FsDreamTeam KLAX? What is being suggested that I install and please, no more screen shots....

My FS9 System :
O/S Windows XP32 SP3
CPU Intel Core i5-650 @ 4.1ghz
M/B Gigabyte H55M-S2V
GPU Gigabyte GeForce GTX-560-OC TI
Memory G.Skill DDR3-1333 2 x 2gb @ 1600mhz
Cooler Thermaltake ISGC-400
HDD 4 x 1tb of SATA2
Case Antec DF-35
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 243T
Controllers Saitek X52 Pro and Rudder Pedals

Your system should be able to run KLAX fairly well... With that said, it's hard to tell why you are having frame rate issues. Even with 4.1 GHZ?? Is that overclocked??????? Maybe that's why the problem. And who really uses a 32bit system anymore? You may be maxing on memory... That's my bet.

Swoop

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 08:05:00 am »
Yeah, this is an interesting situation as my current system runs really well. It's performance has been so outstanding, that I actually have built a Core i2500K, Z68X-UD3P which is just sitting next to my desk waiting for me to install my licensed copies of Win7x64 Pro, FS9, and FSX. (I built it for FSX)

I just haven't needed to do it because of the outstanding scenery that has been optimized for FS9 and Win32. Umberto has mentioned that this may be the cause, his airport is taxing the Win32 style of architecture which shares the O/S memory with the VRAM and it's simply too much for Win32.

Clearly and for whatever the reason, FSDT KLAX is not going to work on my great Win32 system which is a real tragedy. It's funny, I have a license for all but one of Umberto's airports and this one is the only one that is giving me grief. All of the rest of them are pretty much works of art.

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 10:36:48 am »
It's possible that, by overclocking, since more heat is generated, the system is throttling down its speed automatically to prevent damage ? Try to run a temperature monitor program before FS9 is launched, and while it's running, and see the difference.

Another thing you can try, is to lower the "Max Texture size" slider a notch, and see if things improves. If they do, it's clearly a memory problem, because lowering that slider will lower memory requirements for textures by a factor of 4

Swoop

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 11:06:26 am »
Thanks for the suggestion Umberto. I need all the help I can get with this. The hacks are starting to circle around me over at the Avsim forum just because I am experiencing terrible frame rates with this box and airport combination and said so :)

Anyway, I had already dialed down the overclock to the default optimized settings but it was the same. There aren't any heat issues with this box, "Real Temp" reports 20-22c at idle and if you can believe it, about 32c under load @ 4.1ghz. It's pretty amazing actually and is one of the reasons why I don't want to push the QPI any higher. It's totally stable and running really cold!

I think that maybe it could be that the video card has a memory issue when it starts hitting a certain level of usage. Fortunately, I have another identical card which has never been used and will give that a try.

And...your observations about upgrading to Win64 has been noted. Ironically, I have been positioned for that upgrade for more then a month now. The box is already built and just waiting for the software install. I've just been on vacation and haven't wanted to do a rollout and change over as laziness is my middle name right now.

Other then that, all of your other airports are working great...this one is a dog.

Mark