Author Topic: Nice place we have here...  (Read 83320 times)

ifly_canadian

Re: Nice place we have here...
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2011, 10:00:45 pm »
I'm also disgusted with all the users on this forum showing detest of this scenery choice. Over the years, FSDT has been pushing out top quality sceneries for airports all over the world. I have quite the collection myself. I do tend to stick to North America with my FSing, but FSDT has also shown me a world outside of NA, airports like Zurich, Geneva, even the HI islands. I have adapted to making the 5hr+ flight out to the pacific just so I can witness the beautiful sceneries FSDT has put forth. Yes we know the US has probably 3 major airports in every state (sooo many great ones to choose from;)) while Canada only has 3 Major Airports Nationwide. And meanwhile, the only payware that has been made available to us are the projects submitted by Blue Print Sceneries, that look like the airports have been made with a bunch of card board boxes.

Thanks for throwing us back our hockey puck FSDT. Keep em' coming.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2011, 11:31:35 pm »
the only payware that has been made available to us are the projects submitted by Blue Print Sceneries, that look like the airports have been made with a bunch of card board boxes.

AAhhhh hah!!! hahah!!!! Stupid Blueprint!! So true!!  :D

Cardboard boxes and Hotwheels... LOL!!!

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2011, 11:46:11 pm »
I'd Say team 1 CYVR and CYYZ team 1 , 2 amazing airports , WestJet destinations plus PMDG NGX = beaucoup, en grande quantité  $$$$

ifly_canadian

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2011, 01:06:13 am »
beaucoup, en grande quantité  $$$$

I hope they will accept Canadian Tire Money!  :D

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2011, 01:36:52 pm »
..the only payware that has been made available to us are the projects submitted by Blue Print

And why does everything have to be payware?  Plenty of free Canadian scenery available.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

ifly_canadian

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2011, 10:02:37 pm »
..the only payware that has been made available to us are the projects submitted by Blue Print
And why does everything have to be payware?  Plenty of free Canadian scenery available.

I do not understand your logic? Thats like saying why make any airport, if there's plenty of freeware available???

I'm sure it has something to do with Accuracy, Quality and Recentcy right???

And how do you justify the fact that in the past decade there has been only TWO payware sceneries available for Canada?

Have you alerted FSDT that there a bunch of free alternatives to their sceneries? That might be bad for competition...  ;D

Tino

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2011, 10:58:27 pm »

I do not understand your logic? Thats like saying why make any airport, if there's plenty of freeware available???

And how do you justify the fact that in the past decade there has been only TWO payware sceneries available for Canada?

Have you alerted FSDT that there a bunch of free alternatives to their sceneries? That might be bad for competition...  ;D

Well said!

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2011, 02:44:04 am »

Well said!

Ditto. But he is a fan of Blueprint so I would take him too seriously... ;)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2011, 03:28:33 pm »

My logic is you canucks are whining like your country has no scenery, and I'm pointing out that there is plenty of scenery for you to use besides Blueprint, which I am NOT a fan of, despite what newmanix may lead you to believe.  If you choose to not use what is available, then don't whine about having nothing.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Tino

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2011, 04:56:04 pm »

My logic is you canucks are whining like your country has no scenery, and I'm pointing out that there is plenty of scenery for you to use besides Blueprint, which I am NOT a fan of, despite what newmanix may lead you to believe.  If you choose to not use what is available, then don't whine about having nothing.

Bruce,

The only scenery that was available was Simflyers CYYZ for the FS2002 platform. (dont get me wrong, there are lots of freeware scenery, but nothing for major airports) I would reframe form bashing Canadians as I take it personally. The US has tons of wonderful scenery. It’s about time that a "high quality" developer completes something for us. Open your eyes. It's not just about the USA or Europe. Canada is a country too. It's quite amusing to hear that we "whine". I can pull numerous posts of yours that clearly show that you like to whine yourself, even over US airports. (Which has many to choose from). So please stop the criticism towards a nation and play fare, mmk?

Thanks for your understanding,
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:47:59 pm by virtuali »

mug_c

« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2011, 08:12:09 pm »

That's a bit over the top there Bruce. I don't particularly think that those of us expressing appreciation to FSDT on the YVR announcement, coupled with mentioning that there is not a lot of quality Canadian scenery constitutes 'whining'. Probably best to refrain from such negative comments unless you are simply bored and trolling for a reaction.

On the CDN scenery topic - for payware, other than blueprint (which I have stayed away from as well), simaddons has a series that is very nice - Halifax, St Johns, Ottawa, Kelowna. I have Halifax and Ottawa, considering Kelowna to round out some WestJet routes with the NGX. There is an abundance of FS9 scenery, but quite limited on the FSX front. I have not come across anything for major airports in AB/Sask/Man - Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Winnipeg. Orbx has spruced up BC & into southern Alberta with PNW/PFJ/NR regions. Vancouver + is nice, but too heavy on the frames for my liking. Have not tried the freeware Victoria + yet as PNW itself works for me (but with Don Grovestine, Jon Patch and Holger Sandmann behind it, it must look nice). Avsim file lib. has a lot of smaller airports. I think we are pretty fortunate to be getting attention from the likes of FSDT, FT with Montreal, and Orbx with regions and a few smaller airports. An update to FSX for an AES supported CYYZ (Toronto) would be icing on the cake!

- Jim  
(Vancouver, BC)

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 09:45:25 pm by mug_c »

Denzel

• FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2011, 02:12:08 am »
I'm very disapointed for this !! i think the scene is dead, there is no life on "tarmac" and it's a shame cuz IT IS THE BEST FSDT ACHIEVMENT ;)

Regards

Guess you haven't heard about GSX which will be free for all the FSDT airports, FSX only though.

Yes i have but currently, GSX isn't available, meanwhile i would appreciate to be able to use AES

Regards
EX - FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
Ryzen 9 5900X + MSI B550 Unify-X + GTX 3080Ti + 32Go DDR4 3200Mhz + MSI MPG341CQR 34"" On Win10 64Bits

HoneyCom Alpha & Bravo Equiped + Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack + Occulus Quest 2

aircanadajet

« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2011, 12:02:37 pm »
I just love to watch in this forum certain members who's only joy in life is to figure out the next move to make them look more 'tuff', "smart', and more arrogant. This philosophies and theories about Canada having lots of available scenarios are simply bogus. And FSDT's choice could not have been better, thanks for listening to your fans!!!

duco

« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2011, 12:13:22 pm »
finally some love comes our way. very much looking forward to this. CYYZ next ;)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2011, 01:10:28 pm »
This philosophies and theories about Canada having lots of available scenarios are simply bogus.

Bogus, huh?   :o
http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/canada.html