Author Topic: Nice place we have here...  (Read 83325 times)

Tino

Re: Nice place we have here...
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2011, 04:46:31 pm »
This is great news.  2 Canadian Airports now r going to be done by 2 great developers.  2012 will be a great year for Canadian scenery.

Thanks FSDT I am really looking forward to this release.

William Coade

I totally agree with you! Cant wait! Us Canadian's have been waiting for a LONG time!

Cheers,

mug_c

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2011, 06:32:05 pm »
Wow! This is fantastic news!! With Orbx PNW, Jon Patches Vancouver + city/area scenery (http://jonpatch.wordpress.com/) and FSDT CYVR on top - the area will be one of the most enhanced in the FS world...  Looking forward to it!

The FPS should be about 5 with all of these addons at CYVR.

Michael Cubine

Unfortunately I do agree. Although I own Vancouver +, I had slideshow level performance with it 2 machines back. With my current i7 950, I have just gone with Orbx PNW, and have not installed Van +. I am hoping that Orbx and FSDT CYVR will still be doable - I think it would take a very high end and very optimized system to run all 3 - but if it was possible - I am sure it would look great!

bradl

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2011, 08:50:43 pm »

NICE!!!!

One of the best airports I have ever flown to, in one of the best cities in the world! Thank you, Umberto!

Now if someone could only do a good set of KBLI, then my Western Canadian hops would never enter US airspace! :D

BL.

bluesky1

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2011, 10:24:17 pm »
Although Vancouver wasn't my first choice,  I think it is a very good choice. After it's released, I hope you might consider Portland for FSX. I still think of it as the best airport scenery ever produced in FS9 and have seen a lot of interest expressed for an FSX Portland on various forums. Portland would fit perfectly between Vancouver and San Francisco for short to medium range flights, adding even more interest to LAX to almost complete covering the entire West Coast.

Just thought I'd plant a few very early seeds for thought.

Thralni

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2011, 01:56:24 pm »
GSX won't be affected, because it's being made by different people, and the updates for KORD and Zurich will be released before we start working on CYVR. As I've said earlier, there will not be a new FSDT scenery for a while, we just decide to say which one will be...

Somewhat glad to hear that! KORD is a beautiful scenery, but having it upgraded to your more current standard would be awesome. Here's hoping performance at KORD will be a bit more like at KLAX...

KingCat

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2011, 08:14:42 pm »
I'm not interested in Vancouver at all. So I guess I am going to skip this one.

I would have loved to see KMIA. I guess no developer is up to the challenge to make a good KMIA.

Jon

Anders Bermann

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2011, 11:21:37 pm »
Best regards, Anders

KingCat

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2011, 11:58:00 pm »
Well, the quality doesn't blow me away. But I guess the fact that it's going to be AES-compatible does make it interesting for me. Thanks for pointing it out.

Let's just say it's better than the default scenery and probably the only reasonable one we're ever going to see for KMIA for FSX.

Jon

aircanadajet

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2011, 12:56:38 am »
How could I possibly be so late on this????? Oh wow, this is the best news I've heard every since LAX!!!!!!!! At last a decent airport for our beautiful Canada!!!! which by the way is in need of an airport BAD, big time. I can't wait!!!

Denzel

• FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2011, 07:00:33 am »
Nice i've had voted for Vancouver ;D
I have purchased almost all FSDT except Hawaiian island
But i think i'll not get this one if there's no AES support like LAX
I'm very disapointed for this !! i think the scene is dead, there is no life on "tarmac" and it's a shame cuz IT IS THE BEST FSDT ACHIEVMENT ;)

Regards
EX - FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
Ryzen 9 5900X + MSI B550 Unify-X + GTX 3080Ti + 32Go DDR4 3200Mhz + MSI MPG341CQR 34"" On Win10 64Bits

HoneyCom Alpha & Bravo Equiped + Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack + Occulus Quest 2

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2011, 07:38:49 am »
I'm very disapointed for this !! i think the scene is dead, there is no life on "tarmac" and it's a shame cuz IT IS THE BEST FSDT ACHIEVMENT ;)

Regards

Guess you haven't heard about GSX which will be free for all the FSDT airports, FSX only though.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2011, 09:30:28 am »
Much closer down the line, I'm looking forward to the looooooooooooooog awaited update for O'Hare :) Vancouver is an Excellent choice for its location( Still in North America and the western coast of Canada) and being a hub for Canada Airlines. 8)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

danch53

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2011, 06:07:19 pm »
Although Vancouver wasn't my first choice,  I think it is a very good choice. After it's released, I hope you might consider Portland for FSX. I still think of it as the best airport scenery ever produced in FS9 and have seen a lot of interest expressed for an FSX Portland on various forums. Portland would fit perfectly between Vancouver and San Francisco for short to medium range flights, adding even more interest to LAX to almost complete covering the entire West Coast.

Just thought I'd plant a few very early seeds for thought.

Great observation! The PDX addon for FS9 was outstanding, and I counted it as a real loss when I transitioned from FS9 to FSX. PDX would be at the top of my list for near-future development for FSX, especially by a top-drawer developer such as FSDT -- and it would be a great link for other quality West Coast addons such as LAX, SFO, CYVR and LAS. Hope you'll consider it!

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2011, 07:40:05 pm »
Great observation! The PDX addon for FS9 was outstanding, and I counted it as a real loss when I transitioned from FS9 to FSX. PDX would be at the top of my list for near-future development for FSX, especially by a top-drawer developer such as FSDT -- and it would be a great link for other quality West Coast addons such as LAX, SFO, CYVR and LAS. Hope you'll consider it!

Flightzone KPDX and FlyTampa St. Maarten were my two favorite sceneries for FS9. I was really impressed with both but the Flightzone KPDX really blew me away at the time it was released.

Frankly, thru the years as many people I have seen talk about or request KPDX, both in the ORBX forum and in other FS forums, I am surprised that FSDT did choose to do it for thier first PNW airport, especially since ORBX killed that project. Personally, I would buy KPDX the day it came out even though I dont fly that area often, its a  pretty FPS friendly area and would be nice to have a Flightzone replacement.

ifly_canadian

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2011, 09:50:55 pm »
YVR, it's no YYZ... WHO CARES! hey, I got to support the home team airport lol. But hands down YVR is probably the most beautiful airport in Canada, quite Canuckish....... and the CANUC1 arrival is probably the most scenic and beautiful arrivals in North America DUUUUH, I'd love to be proven wrong on that one Grin

Thank you Thank you Thank you. I can feel a snow fall coming on...