Author Topic: With Flight deamed a failure, does this mean that FSDT will support FS9 longer?  (Read 13800 times)

flapsup

We don't believe that MS Flight will be a failure,
In any case, one should really define "failure" first, if it will sell a couple of million copies, exposing 3rd party developers to a new market we couldn't dreamed of reaching before, for us it will be a success.
I believe it will. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/41008-thoughts-on-ms-flight/

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
I dont know why FSDT is so in to Flgiht.  It was deemed a faliure when we were told about the market place.  I sure hope that you developers keep that in mind.  I know you guys dont get a 100% income from customers because of that other company....  I hope you guys will see that MS Flight was deemed a failure and not support it it its only  1 island of HAWAII!!!  You have to pay for the rest!  MS ruined the Flight simulator series.
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
I hope you guys will see that MS Flight was deemed a failure and not support it it its only  1 island of HAWAII!!!  You have to pay for the rest!  MS ruined the Flight simulator series.

Exactly who has deemed Microsoft Flight to be a failure?  Microsoft has always said that Flight was a game for Windows Live, they never once used the word simulator because it never was.  I wish FSX had the graphics of Flight as they are absolutely gorgeous, but game play is similar to Nintendo's Pilot Wings.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Yes, AI Traffic is the part that FSX engine hates the most for some reason. However, for some folks (like myself) No AI Traffic = No Flight Sim.

No. AI Traffic made not optimizing models, and recycling them from FS9, since it will take too much effort to redo hundreds of models from scratch.

That's why Oliver Pabst absolutely correctly stated that STILL there is a large market for FS2004 Super-Hubs.

We haven't seen anything like that, maybe because we are proved many times that we can do super-hubs in FSX that don't kill fps.