Author Topic: WIP AFCAD for KLAX V2 **UPDATE** 10/31  (Read 33030 times)

newmanix

• Beta tester
WIP AFCAD for KLAX V2 **UPDATE** 10/31
« on: October 26, 2011, 01:33:49 am »
So far I have corrected the issues with aircraft SWA and US not parking at T1. Also added America West for those of us who still use old packages. I also added the AA maintainence gates at the AA hangar - still WIP and I have completed the American Eagle gates at the new Eagle terminal. Added United hangar and ramp positions. Updated ICC parking, FedEx hangar parking as well as fixed some errors with T4. VAU did not work for V Australia... And some other fixes.

Still working at it just an interim release... :) Give me feedback. FYI: SIMBIO!!! I need your help!!!!  :o Please  :)

Be sure to remove any other AFCAD files before using this one.

Still working on T8. You will see 737's and a319's parking there. I will fix that in next release. FedEx and American Eagle still a pain in the ass. Some random cargo airlines still parking at T2 and TBIT. Working on that.
**New update 31 OCT**
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 02:09:42 am by newmanix »

Sam

Re: WIP AFCAD for KLAX V2
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 10:45:02 am »
Hello!
Thanks for sharing your edited Afcad file, looking good, was finding my DHL etc parked at the gates... not sure if you noticed but the default scenery is bleeding through, guess its because you've used the orginal Afcad 2.2.1, i was thinking to take the original "KLAX_AP.bgl" remove all the parking spots, keeping the excludes and your AF2 then see if that works, as i find the new afcad programs a bit fiddely! Otherwise maybe soon someone will come up with a nicely edited afcad using AFX or ADE for this great scenery!

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 08:10:14 pm »
Hello!
Thanks for sharing your edited Afcad file, looking good, was finding my DHL etc parked at the gates... not sure if you noticed but the default scenery is bleeding through, guess its because you've used the orginal Afcad 2.2.1, i was thinking to take the original "KLAX_AP.bgl" remove all the parking spots, keeping the excludes and your AF2 then see if that works, as i find the new afcad programs a bit fiddely! Otherwise maybe soon someone will come up with a nicely edited afcad using AFX or ADE for this great scenery!

Very interesting. I don't see any default textures. But I am actually using AFX now... I have a long way to go. Haven't gotten to the cargo aircraft yet. Still having an issue with Eagle. There are still too many even after making the gates at the Eagle terminal, which is full of Eagles, they are still  several others parking at various spots arround the airport. I made some extra gates at the hangar, but they refuse to park there...

kinm

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 12:56:08 am »

So are we looking at more updated AFCAD file?
Cuz all the airlines are all over the place, like SWA are park in cargo terminal and some of the UAL B777 are parked at the Bradley terminal.
This was not the case with Cloud9.

Thanks,
Kin M.
(klax)

tompie

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 09:41:46 am »
I have a problem with your afcad. when I take out the KLAX_AP.bgl file and replace it with your WIP, I get twy and rwy signs where they shouldn't be.
tompie

EDDK

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 02:44:31 pm »
I also have default buildings appearing when using the attached AFCAD.

keino333

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 05:05:30 pm »
Newmanix,
Out of curiosity, why would I need to remove the prescribed _ap.bgl?  I have not flown back to LAX yet; but, I did update with your AFCAD and did not remove any other files. I don't know what to expect...thx

Dimon

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 07:08:32 pm »
Guys,

You will need a manual exclude file to enable AFCAD 2.21 edited AFD file to work. I will post it tonight, since it's ready and tested.

PS. Just remove *DAT from the file name and put it into KLAX scenery directory. This should solve the problem of default builidngs appears.

ATTENTION. This file is intended to those folks who plan to edit parkings by using AFCAD 2.21. Those who's comfortable with ADE or AFX, should not need this file.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:17:26 pm by Dimon »
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 10:14:01 pm »
Guys,

You will need a manual exclude file to enable AFCAD 2.21 edited AFD file to work. I will post it tonight, since it's ready and tested.

In the mean time, I will continue to work on the other errors as well.

Dimon

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 11:18:43 pm »
BTW..Who occupies T8 in the meantime?
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

keino333

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 12:35:14 am »
Guys,

In the mean time, I will continue to work on the other errors as well.

cool ...I just loaded Lax v2 with your AFCAD but I have not come across any of the purported issues....I left it for an hour just to observe the traffic flow....still no issues
%100 ai - World of ai (dominant) and manually compiled alpha india (less than 1% of total)
enbseries
UT/Fsgenesis/GEpro/REx Overdrive...loads of scenery

I'll post in scenery shots..thx newmanix look forward to any update (still)

keino333

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 12:39:57 am »
BTW..Who occupies T8 in the meantime?

Good question

don't know how accurate but here's what I've found

"Terminal 8 (Satellite) at LAX Airport serves United Express Airlines with gates 80-88 This satellite terminal has an Arrival, Ticketing & Departure Level. After completing the TSA Screening at Terminal 7 and taking the walkway to this terminal, you arrive at gate 80, with escalator/stairways opposite, followed by United Airlines Customer Service. Food & drink establishments, as well as shops, are in both the gateway areas, as on the Departure Level, which also has currency exchange, prepaid phone cards, wireless internet & internet kiosks. The Arrivals Level has interactive visitor’s centers & Traveler’s Aid."

http://www.ifly.com/los-angeles-international-airport/terminal-map

christiaan

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 01:04:14 pm »
Asked this question on several forums without getting an answer.

If I edit an afcad like KJFK with Afcad 2.21 from Lee Swordey  then install the "exclude" bgl to remove default buildings can I continue to

edit the afcad file using Afcad 2.21. without getting further issues.

Or is it a one off solution with the exclude file.

When does one know if an Afcad has been made with a certain programme (2.21, ADE or others).

Dimon

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 05:31:46 pm »
You don't need an exclude file for FSDT KJFK. The only airports where you need it are PHNL, KFLL and KLAX.

christiaan

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 07:59:14 pm »

You don't need an exclude file for FSDT KJFK. The only airports where you need it are PHNL, KFLL and KLAX.
Hi Dimen,

Thanks for your quick reply and advice, however I still have an question.

In my previous post I asked if I edit an Afcad like KLAX ( I wrote KJFK by mistake)  with Afcad 2.21 from Lee Swordey  then install the

"exclude" bgl to remove default buildings can I continue to edit the afcad file using Afcad 2.21. without getting further issues.

Also why does FSDT allow 2.21 with some airports and not others, on a recent post from Virtuali there was no mention that Lee

Swordys programme could not be used.

Very confusing for some users like myself. Would it not be better to always include "exclude" files in the original scenery so that any

Afcad programme will be good.

work.