Author Topic: WIP AFCAD for KLAX V2 **UPDATE** 10/31  (Read 33235 times)

newmanix

• Beta tester
Re: WIP AFCAD for KLAX V2
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 06:27:32 am »

You don't need an exclude file for FSDT KJFK. The only airports where you need it are PHNL, KFLL and KLAX.
Hi Dimen,

Thanks for your quick reply and advice, however I still have an question.

In my previous post I asked if I edit an Afcad like KLAX ( I wrote KJFK by mistake)  with Afcad 2.21 from Lee Swordey  then install the

"exclude" bgl to remove default buildings can I continue to edit the afcad file using Afcad 2.21. without getting further issues.

Also why does FSDT allow 2.21 with some airports and not others, on a recent post from Virtuali there was no mention that Lee

Swordys programme could not be used.

Very confusing for some users like myself. Would it not be better to always include "exclude" files in the original scenery so that any

Afcad programme will be good.

work.

It should be complete by the end of the week but I am shooting for Tuesday.  ;)

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 04:50:59 pm »
I started from scratch today using only AFX so hopefully no errors. I made huge progress so I should have an update later today.

keino333

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 04:58:22 pm »
I started from scratch today using only AFX so hopefully no errors. I made huge progress so I should have an update later today.

sweet...thx bro...look forward to it..

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 05:36:21 pm »

sweet...thx bro...look forward to it..

So far I made corrections to T2= Air New Zealand, Virgin, Airfrance, KLM etc were not parking there because gates were too small. I did the same with T6. And I added all FedEx gates as well as DHL, Japan cargo, Polar cargo Singapore cargo ETC. Will upload the update in about 20 minutes. I need to redo the eagle gates though...

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 06:05:12 pm »
Does anyone know the AFCAD code for V Australia??? It's not in the list...

New update download posted. There is a lot of FedEx everywhere. Don't know how to fix that. Still need to correct ICC, remote gates, North cargo area, hangar parking, and redo Eagle parking. RJ aircraft are parking all gates at T8 but at different hours. Just not alot of SkyWest... Still looking into this... You should NOT see cargo aircraft at terminals anymore!! Please give me any feedback.  ;)

newmanix
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:33:27 pm by newmanix »

sticky1202

Re: WIP AFCAD for KLAX V2 **UPDATE**
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 09:13:42 pm »
 I think V-Australia is VAU

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 10:49:04 pm »
I think V-Australia is VAU

Okay i'll try that for the next update  ;)

tompie

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 11:56:33 am »
According to the airlinecodes website Virgin Australia -called Virgin Blue- has IATA code DJ and ICAO code VOZ. Callsign still Virgin.
Tompie

tompie

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 11:59:53 am »
Sorry, V australia is different. My fault. It's VAU indeed.
tompie

keino333

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 12:49:24 pm »

New update download posted. There is a lot of FedEx everywhere. Don't know how to fix that. Still need to correct ICC, remote gates, North cargo area, hangar parking, and redo Eagle parking. RJ aircraft are parking all gates at T8 but at different hours. Just not alot of SkyWest... Still looking into this... You should NOT see cargo aircraft at terminals anymore!! Please give me any feedback.  ;)

newmanix

overall it looks good still...and your right I have FedEx parked at the AeroMexico/ Virgin Atl/etc (T2)..I'll let you know if I find anything else

thx again

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 05:43:13 pm »

newmanix

overall it looks good still...and your right I have FedEx parked at the AeroMexico/ Virgin Atl/etc (T2)..I'll let you know if I find anything else

thx again

The FedEx are acting like animals. They are not supposed to be that many flights at LAX. And most of the operations are at night not during the day... Annoying!! It may have to be a TT tools fix to divert them to KONT...

arntfs

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 07:51:59 pm »
Thought I'd drop a warm "thank you", newmanix, looked at your afcad and it workd nicely. On a side note, is there any way you can set gate types in AFX  (GATE, CARGO, RAMP etc...) since I often have pax aircrafts parked in the cargo area, south of 07R, while there are empty gates available.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 11:19:45 pm »
See first post for todays update.  :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 01:03:26 am by newmanix »

christiaan

Re: WIP AFCAD for KLAX V2 **UPDATE** 10/31
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2011, 03:36:54 pm »
With this new Afcad do I have to put it in the main KLAX scenery folder or in the Addon Scenery folder.

I presume that I can rename the original Afcad to stop it working.

Do I still need the exclude file from Dimon.

Would it not be simpler for me and many other Afcad 2.21 users, who do not "yet" use another afcad programme, just to install the

exclude and then edit to our own preferences.

I often wonder why is it when companies like FSDT, who bring out great airports, seem to spend less attention to the Afcad files

especially concerning the gate sizes and airline designations.

Is there not an Afcad controller who checks everything before an Airport is released.

Like I wrote I have had this with several Airport designers, it is not a complaint but a suggestion.

To everyone who helps us to get a perfect airport  THANKS, much appreciated.

arntfs

Re: WIP AFCAD for KLAX V2 **UPDATE** 10/31
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2011, 04:29:30 pm »
Thanks newmanix, looks much better indeed.  :) (what's your name btw?) I can see you added some cargo parking types. However, I believe all gates and parking spots should be labbeled with a parking_type, since I still have pax aircrafts parked at ramp areas, like Eva Air's, KLM's, Air France (when both 777s are there, the one inbound from Paris and the other one outbound to Tahiti). Also, and the most annoying, I still get the Delta's heavies ramped everywhere, and no planes at the Delta terminal. I know it means many more work for you, but doesnt the scenery deserve the best AFCAD job? Also, I noticed the FedEx's park at the wrong place. Perhaps setting FDX spot's radius at 39 iso 30.27 would help, the common AI MD11 radius is 39 indeed. Doesnt AFX allow to assign parking types automatically?

[edit] I could of course edit the MD11 radius within AFCAD 2.21, but since perhaps not all the crowd know how to do that...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:42:09 pm by arntfs »