Author Topic: Gate numbers  (Read 9101 times)

ArtAir

Gate numbers
« on: October 25, 2011, 11:31:54 pm »
Hi Umberto!
Just check the picture, is it ok?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gate numbers
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 11:24:42 am »
Yes, it's all normal, is the effect of a textures which was originally at 4096x4096 resolution in FSX, and was resized to 1024x1024 in FS9.

To keep the same visual resolution, adapted for the 1024x1024 which is the maximum FS9 allows, would have taken too much time, because we would had to remodel *every* parking stand sign, one by one, to fit with a new texture. We did it in some cases, the photoreal background and the service vehicles have been remade, but we haven't done it everywhere.

keino333

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 04:58:13 pm »
Umberto,
With a partially related concern, can you enlighten as to why we are not seeing usairways and Southwest parked at the correct gates?  Thx..

Dimon

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 07:10:00 pm »
Umberto,
With a partially related concern, can you enlighten as to why we are not seeing usairways and Southwest parked at the correct gates?  Thx..

Because proper parking assignments has never been a strong part of either FSDT or any other scenery developers. Users should learn how to use AFCAD, AFX, ADE.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

christiaan

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 08:26:33 pm »
Can I use Lee Swordey's Afcad to resize gates etc. at KLAX without getting issues with default building issues.
Not competent enough to use ADE.

goodperson36

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 12:13:43 am »
Umberto I don't want to bash on your scenry it is by far a great scenery. I just feel like when it comes to the gate numbers and so on I feel like that was a short  cut thatwas taken for this scenery in that I am not please with. I just feel like at almost 40 dollars for this scenery in American dollars the gates and aircraft numbers should   have been added for us. I believe texture is the most Important part of any scenry I just believe that short cuts were taken. I will just say if FS 9 scnery will be done in this manner I will have to take my business elsewhere. Other then that your scenery is awesome. Have a great day.

Regards
Edwin

SirIsaac726

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 05:36:17 am »
Edwin, that is a legitimate concern but they have demos of their scenery.  If you aren't fully satisfied with the demo, certainly don't buy the scenery.

CaptKornDog

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 12:56:15 am »
Can the taxiway signs at least be redone?  They are a bit blurry from a distance...at least hard for me to necessarily see for taxiing.  And perhaps cargo buildings?  (was really hoping to see JAL, Korean Air, Air Canada Cargo stand out when I park there for some screenshots).

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 09:44:35 am »
Can the taxiway signs at least be redone ?

I'm sorry but, there are many hundreds of them, it would take too much time to remap everything.

We remapped what was feasible to do in the short time we budgeted for the FS9 conversion, and still it took a month to do it, far more than any other FS9 version we ever made so far, and it's really the maximum amount of time we can ever spend on FS9 right now, before it doesn't make any more sense to do it in the first place.

CaptKornDog

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 03:20:10 pm »
How about the cargo buildings then?  Doesn't seem like there are THAT many...