Author Topic: Using ALT to get menu bar issues  (Read 5996 times)

christiaan

Using ALT to get menu bar issues
« on: October 25, 2011, 10:07:05 pm »
Just installed  KLAX FS9 and have issues. No trouble in FSX.

When I press ALT to get the menu bar the arrow is a black turning circle, after a few seconds I get the arrow to alter the aircraft or time.

Changed Scenery Complex. from Extremely Dense to Very Dense but this seemed to make it worse.

A couple of times I had to use Ctrl-Alt-Del.

The attached photo is taken with scenery at Very Dense. At extremely Dense I did not get the small menu box, the square in the top right was a shade of blue (time approx 12:00 daytime).

I have not got this problem at other airports.

Have Win 7 64 bit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Using ALT to get menu bar issues
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 10:15:32 pm »
Doesn't have anything to do with the scenery, and I can see this on FS9 at each and every airport, even default ones with nothing installed, and happens in full screen only, and only with Window 7.

You are having the wrong impression it happens at KLAX only, because the scenery takes more time to load, so you have enough time to notice the cursor being a black circle, but it happens everywhere, just it last much less, so you don't really notice it.

christiaan

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 11:53:12 pm »
Thanks for your quick reply.

Is there anyway I can reduce this issue by decreasing certain settings to increase loading times at KLAX.

Forgot to mention that I think this is a fantastic scenery. The best I have seen in years.

Very delighted with KLAX FS9 &  FSX.

Compliment to everyone at FSDT, keep up the good work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 11:20:43 am »
Is there anyway I can reduce this issue by decreasing certain settings to increase loading times at KLAX.

It will probably load faster if you reduce the "Max Texture Size" slider, but then it will look very blurred, I'd say it's best if you stay with the black cursor, which fixes itself anyway when the loading is ended.

christiaan

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 02:29:57 pm »
Thanks Virtuali for your advice.

Found out that when I turn SLEW off then press the ALT for the menu bar I only have to wait a couple os seconds before I can proceed.

When changing aircraft I get a black screen which normally shows the aircraft, also after a couple of seconds the aircraft show and I can proceed with changing the aircraft.

If KLAX continues to work in this manner I am a very happy man.

Once again thanks.