Author Topic: Which tool to edit AFCAD for KLAX FS9?  (Read 9516 times)

mozart

Which tool to edit AFCAD for KLAX FS9?
« on: October 25, 2011, 06:09:04 pm »
You guys at FSDT are truly amazing. Thank you very much for publishing an FS9 version of KLAX. Great job. I'll buy the airport in a couple of hours when I'll get to my PC which has my sim on it.

I know I'll want to tweak the AFCAD a bit (especially airline assignments). Can you tell me which tool to use to edit the AFCAD file for KLAX? Does Lee Swordy's AFCAD work? Or do I need to use AFX, or even ADE?

And then, how to proceed: leave the original AFCAD file in the FSDT scenery folder and save my edited AFCAD file in a separate folder that sits on top of the KLAX folder? This is what I have done for some other of your airports when using ADE.

Thanks a lot!

Dimon

Re: Which tool to edit AFCAD for KLAX FS9?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 07:13:44 pm »
I haven't downloaded KLAX yet, but you don't have to worry even if exlcude file was created with AFX or ADE. It's very easy to create the exclude by using FS2004 bgl compiler to enable the scenery to be edited with AFCAD. In case if wasn't done, I will create this file by myself

i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 08:30:39 pm »
ADE should work just fine.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 08:47:03 pm »

Normal afcad221 is working just fine too. I have already correct errors with Terminal 1 where the gates were too small and US SWA were not parking there. The next thing I am working is the AA parking around the AA hangar. Iremember there was an afcad program where you can place the gate assignments live within FS. What is it called? It's gonna be very difficult to do the gates for American Eagle with out. All those poor Saabs and ERJ's are scattered all over the airport!!

meshman

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 03:11:20 am »
Iremember there was an afcad program where you can place the gate assignments live within FS. What is it called? It's gonna be very difficult to do the gates for American Eagle with out.

Flight1 offers Airport Studio that will allow you to edit "in-sim" or Airport Facilitator X which had more features and runs outside of FS(9/X), but offers a live preview function to see things "in-sim".

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 03:24:30 am »
Iremember there was an afcad program where you can place the gate assignments live within FS. What is it called? It's gonna be very difficult to do the gates for American Eagle with out.

Flight1 offers Airport Studio that will allow you to edit "in-sim" or Airport Facilitator X which had more features and runs outside of FS(9/X), but offers a live preview function to see things "in-sim".

Yes I purchased AFX and I am using it now. Cheers!  ;)

Dimon

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 03:41:12 am »

Normal afcad221 is working just fine too.

Nope. Any modification with AFCAD 2.21 automatically destroys the exclude created with either ADX and ADE and default buldings become visible. I will try the manual bgl this weekend.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

mozart

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 08:07:22 am »
OK. So AFX it will be (ADE is a pain to use).

Does the new AFCAD file have to stay in the KLAX scenery folder? Or can I place it in a separate folder and delete the AFCAD file that is in the KLAX folder?

Thanks