Author Topic: KLAX for FS9 released  (Read 27438 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
KLAX for FS9 released
« on: October 25, 2011, 04:57:24 pm »
FSDT is pleased to announce the release of the FS9 version for the successful Los Angeles International Airport LAX. The FS9 installer can be downloaded as free Trial from the FSDT Products page (Refresh your browser if you don't see the link).

The FS9 port took quite a bit of effort to overcome many technical issues due to the fact the FSX version used a lot of FSX-only capabilities, but the end result is one of the most detailed FS9 airports ever.

As usual, the product is sold with a license valid for FS9 and FSX so, if you purchase the FS9 version now, you'll be able to use it in FSX too.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:04:37 pm by virtuali »

keino333

Re: KLAX for FS9 released
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 05:03:35 pm »
THANK YOU !!Umberto.(FSDT)..on my way..YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Airbus319

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 05:26:42 pm »
Thank you very much!  :)

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 05:32:32 pm »
Thank you very much!  :)

NO F'ING WAY!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YES!!!!! BUYING NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!  :D :D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

mistyblue

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 05:33:05 pm »
You guys are outstanding!  Thank you for providing such high quality airports and value in your products!

rakitic10

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 05:33:34 pm »
THAAAAAAANKS!!

flusispieler

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 05:38:00 pm »
Great it worked out to convert LAX to FS9, I'll use the trial for a while as I my money is on a new Digicam right now :D
But as I want to use my Zürich code to get a reduced price, I'll have it before christmas

JorgeM

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 05:39:20 pm »
guys... I LOVE YOU hahaha
thank you very much!!!!

MikeW

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 05:43:09 pm »
Wow, thank you FSDT. Outstanding work again!

grasshopper

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 06:02:05 pm »
Hello Umberto, Could you possibly give a very brief rundown of how this new LAX will differ from the old Cloud9/FSDT LAX that I already own ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 06:05:51 pm »
Hello Umberto, Could you possibly give a very brief rundown of how this new LAX will differ from the old Cloud9/FSDT LAX that I already own ?

Well, it's entirely remade from scratch, you'll realize it immediately if you download the Trial (the installer will ask to uninstall Cloud9 first, however this won't impact your activation in case you decide to go back to Cloud9).

Other than the obvious airport changes, the biggest ones being the moved runway and the new TBIT, the overall polygonal complexity is probably 2-3 times more than the old version.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 06:10:20 pm »
Hey Umberto, Is there any way we can merge parts from the old Cloud 9 Version to the new FSDT version. I am refering to the aerospace buildings that are located oppsite the 105 freeway across from the cargo terminals. If we can just add the files from those buildings as I see you did not model them this time. Also any way to get the hill back at the end of the runways so the ocean can't be seen? Other than that, I am happy with the scenery. For something that was not meant for FS9, it looks great! Does this mean me may continue to see FSX sceneries backported to FS9?? :D

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 06:12:40 pm »

Well, it's entirely remade from scratch, you'll realize it immediately if you download the Trial (the installer will ask to uninstall Cloud9 first, however this won't impact your activation in case you decide to go back to Cloud9).

Other than the obvious airport changes, the biggest ones being the moved runway and the new TBIT, the overall polygonal complexity is probably 2-3 times more than the old version.

And this one will have AES!! I am working with Oliver to get the rest of the info on it. My grilie deleted most of the videos I took but I have a couple left... ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 06:22:48 pm »
Hey Umberto, Is there any way we can merge parts from the old Cloud 9 Version to the new FSDT version. I am refering to the aerospace buildings that are located oppsite the 105 freeway across from the cargo terminals. If we can just add the files from those buildings as I see you did not model them this time.

I'm not sure, but we are not really willing to put work on this.

Also any way to get the hill back at the end of the runways so the ocean can't be seen?

You might *try* adding the mesh BGL from the Cloud9 scenery, but I haven't tried it, I imagine that any detailed mesh for the area should do the effect. As usual, we haven't done any mesh, since the FSX one is already quite good.

Does this mean me may continue to see FSX sceneries backported to FS9?? :D

It will only depends on sales for the FS9 version (which can be easily monitored now, since we already passed the initial sales spike for FSX), there are no politics at play here, just sales...

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 06:38:57 pm »
Hey Umberto, Is there any way we can merge parts from the old Cloud 9 Version to the new FSDT version. I am refering to the aerospace buildings that are located oppsite the 105 freeway across from the cargo terminals. If we can just add the files from those buildings as I see you did not model them this time.

I'm not sure, but we are not really willing to put work on this.

Also any way to get the hill back at the end of the runways so the ocean can't be seen?

You might *try* adding the mesh BGL from the Cloud9 scenery, but I haven't tried it, I imagine that any detailed mesh for the area should do the effect. As usual, we haven't done any mesh, since the FSX one is already quite good.

Does this mean me may continue to see FSX sceneries backported to FS9?? :D

It will only depends on sales for the FS9 version (which can be easily monitored now, since we already passed the initial sales spike for FSX), there are no politics at play here, just sales...

Ok fair deal. Quick question. I am happy to experment on merging the old C9 office buildings on my own. However, sence you made that scenery as well, can you at least help me by giving me the file names of those buildings?