Author Topic: ParkMe Not Working at KLAS  (Read 7196 times)

Bob G.

ParkMe Not Working at KLAS
« on: October 25, 2011, 03:32:05 am »
Hi,

I have the FSDT KLAS airport (Las Vegas) and I am using the PMDG 747-400X aircraft but the "ParkMe" feature does not work, when I do "ctrp+shift+p" and try to use it I get the following message:

"The addon <unknown> has caused the Couatl Scripting Engine to crash"

Comments & Help Please.

Thanks
Bob G.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ParkMe Not Working at KLAS
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 08:58:21 am »
There are already several threads about this: it's a problem of the aircraft.cfg file of the PMDG airplanes, we are already looking into it.

Bob G.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 04:09:39 pm »
OK, I will stand-by, I'll be waiting to see if there is a fix as it would be nice to get it working.

Thanks
Bob G.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 04:20:58 pm »
Fix is already online now, download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX and install it.

Bob G.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 07:14:54 pm »
I allready have the Addon Manager for FSX in the menu, it came with either KLAS or KSFO and was installed with them.

Thanks
Bob G.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 08:27:38 pm »
I allready have the Addon Manager for FSX in the menu, it came with either KLAS or KSFO and was installed with them.

Sure you have it, otherwise the sceneries wouldn't work.

However, to fix this specific problem with not fully compliant 3rd party aircraft.cfg files, you need to download and install its Stand-Alone installer, because the update was in one of the auxiliary files that are not always updated online like the main Addon Manager/Couatl executables.

Bob G.

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 11:53:50 pm »
OK, Thanks.

Can you give me a link were I can download the correct Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX?

After I download it do I need to do anything before I install it like uninstall the other one, or will it just update the one I have?

Thanks
Bob G.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 11:18:53 am »
There are links to download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager on our Home page, and on the "Info" pages of every scenery. You just download it and install it, there's no need to do anything else, just be sure that you install it after all the sceneries.

Bob G.

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 02:43:37 pm »
Hi,

I downloaded the one on the home page and after it downloaded I could see that it was version 2.8.0.10 so I checked the one I have installed that came with the KLAS airport and that shows up in the menu within FSX and it says it is version 2.8.1.0.

It appears that the one I have is more current so can the one I downloaded be what I need for this issue?

Thanks
Bob G.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 03:09:18 pm »
It appears that the one I have is more current so can the one I downloaded be what I need for this issue?

What you are seeing it's the version of the Addon Manager executable .DLL, it's normal your version is updated, since it's fetched from the internet each time you run any of the installers.

But the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer contains OTHER files too, and those are the ones you need to update to fix this issue and, since they are NOT updated online, in order to get them, you have to download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer.

So, as I've said before, just download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and it will fix the issue.

Bob G.

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 02:41:40 am »
Thanks so much,

I'll run the installer I downloaded from the home page on the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Bob G.