Author Topic: After installing the terminal and other buildings are not visible.  (Read 5253 times)

kingjp

I have just installed your KFLL product and am experiencing the symptons as noted in a similar thread on the subject. I have gone through all the steps including deleting the folder windows/winsysxs....C20. and then uninstalling the and reinstalling the acceleration pack. I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 07:47:16 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: re: After installing the terminal and other buildings are not visible.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 07:47:06 am »
- Do you have the Addon Manager menu AND the Couatl powered product menu under the "Addons" menu in FSX ?

- Do you have both menus, only one (which one? ) or none at all ?

The first thing should first check if the antivirus could be the problem:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the sceneries with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

Psolov

Re: After installing the terminal and other buildings are not visible.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 03:26:59 am »
I am having the same issue, only I have several FSDT airports installed and just noticed today that I have only jetways (no buildings) at KFLL. I uninstalled and said yes to uninstall the addon manager and the engine. When I tried to reinstall I received and error message. By the way, it also keeps looking for "Prepar3d" which I am not familiar with. Is this a program that is required? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Pete

kingjp

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 03:44:59 am »
Thank you very much for your prompt assistance. My issue has been rectified.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 10:52:52 am »
When I tried to reinstall I received and error message

Which one, exactly ?

By the way, it also keeps looking for "Prepar3d" which I am not familiar with. Is this a program that is required?

The Prepar3d program is a Flight sim based on FSX published by Lockheed Martin, it's not required, it's just the Addon Manager is compatible BOTH with FSX and Prepar3D.

However, it should ask you to install in Prepar3D ONLY if it finds a registry key in your system for it, pointing to its folder so, it's really shouldn't happen, if you don't have installed it.

But maybe it's related to the error message, which should have been easier to help you with, if you said *which* error was, maybe your registry entry for FSX is corrupted/wrong/missing, etc.