Author Topic: Getting back to static people  (Read 6220 times)

fls

Getting back to static people
« on: October 20, 2011, 01:21:25 am »
Will the first version have static passenges getting on bus or tram ramp or jetway?

Frank Schneider

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Getting back to static people
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 07:54:38 am »
Static passengers getting on bus but doesn't really make much sense, how do you display static people "gettin on" bus ?? Display them in a fixed position for some time then make them disappear before the bus returns ?

And. since the jetways are opaque in FSX for 99% of the airports, putting people in the jetways wouldn't work too, since you wouldn't be able to see them anyway.

Everything in GSX moves so, the very concept of static people doesn't really fit it. There will be people with less or no animations, like the vehicle drivers, but not passengers.

We WILL have full blown 3d animated passengers at some time, the engine is surely capable of it, but not in the first version.

Silverbird

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 04:09:25 pm »
Static passengers getting on bus but doesn't really make much sense, how do you display static people "gettin on" bus ?? Display them in a fixed position for some time then make them disappear before the bus returns ?

And. since the jetways are opaque in FSX for 99% of the airports, putting people in the jetways wouldn't work too, since you wouldn't be able to see them anyway.

Everything in GSX moves so, the very concept of static people doesn't really fit it. There will be people with less or no animations, like the vehicle drivers, but not passengers.

We WILL have full blown 3d animated passengers at some time, the engine is surely capable of it, but not in the first version.

Umberto sorry for mentioning  this 100s of times but I really hope you can add the animated passengers in the following years it would go perfect with some airports like the Hawaiian islands and some parts of klas were we have currently static 2d people in one of the terminals it of course would only make sense in some areas and not all but the Hawaiian islands and phnl are perfect for something like this, but I'm really excited for gsx hopefully msflight has some advances that will help in the future for scenery but were lucky to have the coutl scipting engine for fsx.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

cowings1588

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 04:54:09 am »
Truthfully I'm not even worried about seeing the passangers at all.. For example if you have AES you can hear them boarding.. You don't want too much going on that will only slow your computer down more... I'm just thrilled that with GSX, were going to have rampers to bring us in & 2 wing walkers I hope on each wing to guide us into & out of the gate safely & to unload & load our planes & then to push us back out on time..  I'm not at the least worried about seeing pax anytime soon.. The rampers yes I am happy to see & looking forward to GSX being released & having rampers do there thing & to have a marshaller guide me into the gate. So I can go by him & it will be more life like then me having to go to outside view & guide myself in & to know when to stop..

I do have a question for umberto..  Kinda like AES, will there be a screen were we tell the rampers when to start loading our plane back up & when to back the ramp equipment up & to prepare for dept or will they know when we close the cargo doors to do that ?

You might have said this already but I don't quite remember if I asked you this before or if someone else has so I'll ask it once more just incase no one has...
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 09:25:27 am »
I do have a question for umberto..  Kinda like AES, will there be a screen were we tell the rampers when to start loading our plane back up & when to back the ramp equipment up & to prepare for dept or will they know when we close the cargo doors to do that ?

There's a menu to ask for boarding, deboarding or prepare for departure.

cowings1588

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 06:52:49 am »
Ok Cool... Thanks for answering...
COA
Bill