Author Topic: No jetbridges  (Read 6947 times)

alvinodegai

No jetbridges
« on: March 16, 2008, 11:11:25 pm »
I have installed the fs9 version of o`hara but i seem to have a problem, i have no jetbridges!!!!! what can i do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No jetbridges
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 11:26:14 pm »
If you have Flytampa's Midway, delete the following file:

kord_tweak.bgl

This should usually done automatically by the installer, but it might not work is the scenery name was manually changed from default.

If this doesn't fix the issue, than it must be some other scenery for the area in conflict (Simflyers perhaps) that you should disable.

alvinodegai

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 01:38:41 am »
i have a couple of fly tampa sceneries (dubai & st. Maarten) but no midway. I tried again to run setup and it gave me this error message '106title=check_lap_kok is not a valid interger value' it continued on to finish installing but again no jet bridges. i have chek lap kok by 9dragons installed, could this be the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 02:17:28 am »
I tried again to run setup and it gave me this error message '106title=check_lap_kok is not a valid interger value' it continued on to finish installing. i have chek lap kok by 9dragons installed, could this be the problem?

Yes, of course. This is the problem. If you had this error, the scenery wasn't added to the library. Not only you are missing the jetbridges, you are probably missing the whole scenery, what you are seeing is most likely the default.

The problem is not that you have 9dragons scenery installed, the problem is your scenery.cfg was hand-edited and it has a syntax error inside that, while it doesn't have much effect in FS9 (other than not showing the scenery with the syntax error in its section), it confuses the installer.

Our installer has a good deal of code to defends itself from syntax errors derived by having hand-edited the scenery.cfg, but of course it can't anticipate *all* cases.

It would be really helpful if you could send me via email your scenery.cfg, for those two reasons:

- I can fix it for you very easily

- I can add another case to the installer, so it will hopefully more foolproof in the future.

alvinodegai

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 03:20:43 am »
Hi,
I have sent my scenery.cfg file, i hope it helps.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 01:57:15 pm »
This was the problem, you had this line:

[Area.106]Title=Chek_Lap_Kok

That should be like this:

[Area.106]
Title=Chek_Lap_Kok

You can fix it yourself very easily I think, then simply run the installer again.